The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Adding while rising

6 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

If we’re competitive and we want to move Hamonic, the guy that I want is Connor Murphy out of Chicago if possible.  Big, youngish, physical, and is signed to a good contract.  If Chicago decides to have a firesale at some point, he’s the first guy that I’d inquire about.

Connor Murphy is an overrated, overpaid, horrible mistake making goon. And no. We need LHD. Not RHD.

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, ZH96 said:

Connor Murphy is an overrated, overpaid, horrible mistake making goon. And no. We need LHD. Not RHD.

Put him on a decent team and see how he does.  He's an excellent player and would make a good long-term partner for Hughes.  We do need another lefty, but not at the expense of our right side.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Hamonic was his partner and was a reason for it too. And he’s made very scary mistakes like that many times.

I think this is one of those agree to disagree things. I like what Hamonic brings physically and as a reliable right side partner.

2 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

I just pencilled it in that way. Guys can be rotated and having Schenn, Myers, Poolman, Demers, Burroughs rotating through as the RHDs is a problem??? Also Schenn in particular.. did you watch him lately before his injury? He was playing like an all around top four guy with a momentum tilting physical edge. And what? Travis Dermott has the upside to be a bigger Nate Schmidt and is no slouch. Go read. The Leafs want an overpay for him in a trade. Brad Hunt is our Derrick Pouliot.

I am the biggest Schenn fan you will find i love him as our bottom pair guy but he does not have the foot speed to be in the top 2, he is by no means playing like a top 4 dman Hamonic is better by almost every statistic, then both Schenn and Dermott please provide me a stat where he is better then those two players, and before you say watch a leafs game, i've watched almost all of them since the Matthews era started with my friends, Dermott is not the answer i never said Hunt should be in the line up but if you must Hunt still has a better takeaway to turnover ratio then Dermott 

• Wat 1

8 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

I just pencilled it in that way. Guys can be rotated and having Schenn, Myers, Poolman, Demers, Burroughs rotating through as the RHDs is a problem??? Also Schenn in particular.. did you watch him lately before his injury? He was playing like an all around top four guy with a momentum tilting physical edge. And what? Travis Dermott has the upside to be a bigger Nate Schmidt and is no slouch. Go read. The Leafs want an overpay for him in a trade. Brad Hunt is our Derrick Pouliot.

The Leafs don't care whether or not their defensemen can play defence.  We should hold ours to a higher standard.

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Put him on a decent team and see how he does.  He's an excellent player and would make a good long-term partner for Hughes.  We do need another lefty, but not at the expense of our right side.

@King Heffy @CanucksCountry @JM_ So what’s the difference in doing that then with a young Dermott that still has decent NHL experience including playoffs, has size, can skate, and is aggressive all over the ice?? Man oh man our fanbase is frustrating.

Demers & Dermott >>> Hamonic & Hunt

Edited by ZH96
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZH96 said:

@King Heffy @CanucksCountry @JM_ So what’s the difference in doing that then with a young Dermott that still has decent NHL experience including playoffs, has size, can skate, and is aggressive all over the ice?? Man oh man are fanbase is frustrating.

Just because a player has doesn't make him good or else Gudbranson would be the best Dman in the league, you talk about NHL experience Hamonic has miles more then Dermott while still being better in his own zone, The reason he can is a good skater is because he is running around his own zone so much, anyone would be a half decent skater if they did as much skating in his own zone as Dermortt does, what's really frustrating is multiple people have asked for stats to back up what your saying about Dermott but you haven't all you have said he has size and can skate and to go watch a leafs game how about you watch one $&!# tonight alone he is a -2  I am open to a have my mind changed but you got to provide me more then he is a big boy, which for a Dman he isn't he's only 6ft only 2 inches bigger then Hughes, Dermott is an Offensive Dman who can't score but please prove me wrong with Stats, like Numbers not just some words out of thin air 

9 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

@King Heffy @CanucksCountry @JM_ So what’s the difference in doing that then with a young Dermott that still has decent NHL experience including playoffs, has size, can skate, and is aggressive all over the ice?? Man oh man our fanbase is frustrating.

Murphy has proven that he is an actual NHLer.  Dermott's play in his own zone is simply not acceptable on an actual NHL team, and I'm not sure you can fix stupidity like his.  Toronto played him in the playoffs because they only have 2 NHL quality defencemen in Muzzin and Brodie.  Dermott has shown no indication that he has any chance of learning how to play defence.  I wouldn't take that pylon if Toronto waived him.  We just need to find a cheap lefty to replace Hunt, but another defensive liability is not the answer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

lol Podkolzin finally gets minutes and playing time with quality players buzzing around the ice and scores on an awesome shot and people suggest he gets sent down. Also there’s a reason Demer’s doesn’t have an NHL contract and Toronto is trading Dermott. Hamonic is better than both those guys. Trade does make us worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanucksCountry said:

Just because a player has doesn't make him good or else Gudbranson would be the best Dman in the league, you talk about NHL experience Hamonic has miles more then Dermott while still being better in his own zone, The reason he can is a good skater is because he is running around his own zone so much, anyone would be a half decent skater if they did as much skating in his own zone as Dermortt does, what's really frustrating is multiple people have asked for stats to back up what your saying about Dermott but you haven't all you have said he has size and can skate and to go watch a leafs game how about you watch one $&!# tonight alone he is a -2  I am open to a have my mind changed but you got to provide me more then he is a big boy, which for a Dman he isn't he's only 6ft only 2 inches bigger then Hughes, Dermott is an Offensive Dman who can't score but please prove me wrong with Stats, like Numbers not just some words out of thin air 

Oh so you’re a stats guru? Let me tell you something. Anyone can read numbers off of a page. It’s another thing to understand skillsets and watch and analyze and make decisions that way. What numbers do you want? Some lame numbers from a young D that’s gotten deployed half the time on a horribly coached and developed defensive team and organization? Go watch Dermotts highlights of his goals, fights, and games in the playoffs last season. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Murphy has proven that he is an actual NHLer.  Dermott's play in his own zone is simply not acceptable on an actual NHL team, and I'm not sure you can fix stupidity like his.  Toronto played him in the playoffs because they only have 2 NHL quality defencemen in Muzzin and Brodie.  Dermott has shown no indication that he has any chance of learning how to play defence.  I wouldn't take that pylon if Toronto waived him.  We just need to find a cheap lefty to replace Hunt, but another defensive liability is not the answer.

Murphy is four years older…. Dermott won’t even be 25 until December. So I guess you jump on young offensive NHL D like Dermott before they’re fully developed? Wow what will you think of Rathbone in a couple years if he’s still cleaning up his neutral and D zone play. Toronto played Dermott in the playoffs because they trusted him. 2 NHL quality D only in Muzzin and Brodie? I think that shows your knowledge right there…

Rielly, Holl, Sandin all say hi and the Maple Leafs also had Bogosian and Hutton, on the roster still last season come playoffs … Dermott was chosen to play as much as Sandin and over a decent veteran in Hutton…

2 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Your Loser Leafs were huge Losers tonight.  Dermott -4!  Ya, we need that pice of craperolla. :lol:

10 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Murphy is four years older…. Dermott won’t even be 25 until December. So I guess you jump on young offensive NHL D like Dermott before they’re fully developed? Wow what will you think of Rathbone in a couple years if he’s still cleaning up his neutral and D zone play. Toronto played Dermott in the playoffs because they trusted him. 2 NHL quality D only in Muzzin and Brodie? I think that shows your knowledge right there…

Rielly, Holl, Sandin all say hi and the Maple Leafs also had Bogosian and Hutton, on the roster still last season come playoffs … Dermott was chosen to play as much as Sandin and over a decent veteran in Hutton…

Sandin. :lol:  Another Loser.  Just like Littlegren.  Loser team; loser city

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Your Loser Leafs were huge Losers tonight.  Dermott -4!  Ya, we need that pice of craperolla. :lol:

Alf… you’re too wise to be using plus/minus as a reason especially from one game. Another thing. This was just a trade proposal.. I hate the Leafs and the city as much as you. My Loser Leafs? They’re not mine.

22 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Oh so you’re a stats guru? Let me tell you something. Anyone can read numbers off of a page. It’s another thing to understand skillsets and watch and analyze and make decisions that way. What numbers do you want? Some lame numbers from a young D that’s gotten deployed half the time on a horribly coached and developed defensive team and organization? Go watch Dermotts highlights of his goals, fights, and games in the playoffs last season. 

Yeah I want stats please he hasn't been deployed wrong at all, we are probably one of the worst defensive teams in the world right now and OEL is top 10 analytically for Dman so that's a bull$&!# excuse, like I said I've sat here and watched 90% of Toronto's games since the Matthew's era started he is so unimpressive if he was this magical young dman that was great in his own zone that hits and fights on a good deal why and the hell would Toronto be shopping him? Lmao that is the exact type of D they need, notice how you always try and change from factual $&!# to back up your argument neither of these players are good and a clear downgrade leaf fans will tell you the same thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZH96 said:

Alf… you’re too wise to be using plus/minus as a reason especially from one game. Another thing. This was just a trade proposal.. I hate the Leafs and the city as much as you. My Loser Leafs? They’re not mine.

Leafs are losers.  Their players are losers.  Their city stinks. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Rielly is absolute garbage in his own zone, Holl is carried by Muzzin, and Sandin is another trainwreck defensively.  I have zero tolerance for defensemen who can't play defence; if Rathbone doesn't figure it out, trade him. Toronto played Dermott because they simply don't care whether or not their D can avoid embarrassing themselves in their own zone.  Their team culture has zero accountability for playing like trash defensively, and it shows.  Toronto keeps getting bounced in the playoffs because they keep playing these AHLers instead of clearing house and getting rid of their pylon like Dermott.

Canucks need a 3rd line centre who has some offensive upside can get 25 - 30 points in a season and wins more than half his faceoffs.  Is that Dickinson? We will see. His faceoffs are lousy and that is a HUGE negative on the pk which leads directly to goals against because most faceoffs on the pk occur in the defensive zone.

Next need is a good 4th line centre who plays with energy and an edge and can pk while winning half his faceoffs. Is that Lammiko? I dunno.

Next need is a 3LD who is solid.  Rathbone has not shown enough yet.

Next is Motte to return and return to form.

Last need is a great back up goalie.  Halak I dunno. Maybe Silovs down the road.

If we add these pieces we are gonna win some games. Until then we will be uneven.

2 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

Yeah I want stats please he hasn't been deployed wrong at all, we are probably one of the worst defensive teams in the world right now and OEL is top 10 analytically for Dman so that's a bull$&!# excuse, like I said I've sat here and watched 90% of Toronto's games since the Matthew's era started he is so unimpressive if he was this magical young dman that was great in his own zone that hits and fights on a good deal why and the hell would Toronto be shopping him? Lmao that is the exact type of D they need, notice how you always try and change from factual $&!# to back up your argument neither of these players are good and a clear downgrade leaf fans will tell you the same thing

They’re shopping him because they’re going to face cap crunches and just paid Rielly a huge extension… They already have Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Holl up front and now Sandin and Liljegren coming along. Dermott and Engvall will clear them just under $3 million. They won’t be able to keep all those D-men and they might trade just Holl and not Dermott so don’t jump the gun. Even a young talent like Artemi Panarin was traded for cap reasons and everyone downplayed him and said he was a product of Patrick Kane…. Ever consider that? It’s mainly cap reasons. You watching Toronto games the last few years means nothing. That also means you’ve been watching Dermott play from the ages of 18-24 Prime development stages… I should not have to tell you that.
You have no case. Take it from me from where I’ve played in Jr. A and who I know from playing. training, and being around. I have connections to the Maple Leafs and my cousin is Scott Niedermayer so I know defensemen VERY well. Also I’ll leave this here. I have more example besides the Panarin one as well as video clips of Dermott if you want more of either! Checkmate.

Edited by ZH96