The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, billabong said:

As desperate as it sounds, maybe bringing up Di Giuseppe to help give the PK a fresh face couldn’t hurt 

bailey started strong but his play has tailed off since 

Bailey had one decent shift.  

Giggling with the avs player while we were down 6 - 0 was the last straw. He needs to get lost.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, FlyLow_ said:

Based on the coaching replacement suggestions in here we are royaly screwed.

Do you think there’s a long line of great coaches just waiting for a job?

All of the coaches that don’t have a job don’t have one for a reason.

That being said Calgary seems to be doing very well with a retread coach. Maybe Crawford back in Van can re-spark some of that old magic.

6 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I would probably agree with you, however it's something I'd put out there because its been Pearson's line the entire year that has looked good.  When Hoglander wasn't on it, Hoglander wasn't looking nearly as good, same with Garland and Horvat as well.

Hoglander has looked good all year IMO. He is the only player on the team who has other than Demko, the last couple of games notwithstanding. 

If it was Pearson making his line look good all year wouldn’t that kind of mean Pearson himself would have looked good all year? I can’t name one game this year where I would say Pearson has looked particularly good for a whole game. He usually has a few good shifts and a lot of meh or not good ones.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Do you think there’s a long line of great coaches just waiting for a job?

All of the coaches that don’t have a job don’t have one for a reason.

That being said Calgary seems to be doing very well with a retread coach. Maybe Crawford back in Van can re-spark some of that old magic.

This time he actually has a goalie to work with!

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Fire the coach ...

Oh, wait... who's available?

If there’s no one worth hiring then make Shaw the interim until someone you want becomes available.

Dont keep a lame duck coach just because no one else is out there. He’s doing more damage to this team every day he coaches them.

• Vintage 4

9 minutes ago, billabong said:

As desperate as it sounds, maybe bringing up Di Giuseppe to help give the PK a fresh face couldn’t hurt 

bailey started strong but his play has tailed off since 

Yup!!  Agreed and Agreed on Di Giuseppe and Bailey!! Heck, we should even start playing Petan who's got some offensive skills!! Green has literally no options now...  It only makes him look sad trying to squeeze more out of Bailey, Dowling and Lammikko!!! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

If there’s no one worth hiring then make Shaw the interim until someone you want becomes available.

Dont keep a lame duck coach just because no one else is out there. He’s doing more damage to this team every day he coaches them.

Yeah, I'm with you on Shaw. I'm just pointing out people can't have things both ways if no one better is available. Be careful what you wish for.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I love this argument. Let’s keep a terrible coach because he must be the best we could get!

There are a lot of coaches out there who would be a massive improvement over Green. Hell, Shaw probably would be.

Yeah, not what I'm saying at all. You know that. And I also know if you loved this arguement, you wouldn't have replied. Come on ... lol

I agree on Shaw but at least make a better case of how this team would improve under Shaw's systems rather than just saying Shaw is better... that's easy.