[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, lmm said:

they have been doing that for years

they removed my "Finger me Joe" sign many moons ago

It s all part of why the Vancouver games are soo tame/lame

and  a sign of Aqua's desire to exert corporate control over his product

that's a sign they can say is vulgar and inappropriate.. what is their reasoning for confiscating a "Fire Benning" sign that isn't just them trying to suppress the opinions of their own fans? 

Edited by 'NucK™
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Geez, man.  If that's the way you think, you really should gravitate to another team.  It's really not worth feeling that kind of disappointment for a decade.

that is good advice

and I will

but that doesn't mean I won't monitor the RV fire that is taking place with the team I have followed for 50 years

2 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

that's a sign they can say is vulgar and inappropriate.. what is their reasoning for confiscating a "Fire Benning" sign that isn't just them trying to suppress the opinions of their own fans? 

you are correct

and I knew that, 

they can say it is damaging to their brand

• Cheers 1

OK Green & Jimbo... for the immediate fixes, let's just change things up internally... send down Lammikko and Bailey and try Petan and Di Giuseppe on the 4th line... we need guys to show more intensity and grit! I know Petan doesn't do PK but he can help in PP.... and Di Giuseppe is an NHLer who can forecheck harder than Lammikko and shoot better than Bailey!!

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OK Green & Jimbo... for the immediate fixes, let's just change things up internally... send down Lammikko and Bailey and try Petan and Di Giuseppe on the 4th line... we need guys to show more intensity and grit! I know Petan doesn't do PK but he can help in PP.... and Di Giuseppe is an NHLer who can forecheck harder than Lammikko and shoot better than Bailey!!

That'll solve it!

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

won't help

Green is done,

he has played all his cards

can't shuffle lines

can't bag skate

can't yell at players

can't tinker with 4th liners and #6 D

sitting a star will only make things worse

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

Probably not.. but better than doing NOTHING until JB figures out the next big move?

no.

Jim should be doing nothing hockey related

Jim should be cleaning out his desk

what big move would you trust Jim to make?

Just now, lmm said:

no.

Jim should be doing nothing hockey related

Jim should be cleaning out his desk

what big move would you trust Jim to make?

ummmm.... a big one of similar magnitude like Garland & OEL but only this time it will have to involve our core players like Boeser to make a real difference? 

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Here is some perscpective: 

Our Special teams are -14.  We have 9 PP goals, 23 PK goals against.  Aside for MTl and AZ, not other team is worse than -4. 

Our 5x5 is -2, which is pretty OK if you consider we have been chasing nearly every game. 

We are in a battle for the basement in the West.  Lets say our combined special teams we -4, which would be 4th worst in the entire league, we get 10 goals back, over half a goal a game.  I feel we would be right in the mix for a playoff spot.

I was at the game last night.  The performance from EP was the worst I have ever seen.  He looks like Bambi out there, he must have fallen 15 times.  Why the F will he and Boeser not shoot the damn puck.

I usually don't have many strong opinions here, but change is overdue.  Start with Green, they need a new voice badly.

seems to be working in Chicago

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

ummmm.... a big one of similar magnitude like Garland & OEL but only this time it will have to involve our core players like Boeser to make a real difference? 

I wouldn't trust jim to make a trade after that one

He just punted our cap problems from 1 year to 5 years down the road 

• Cheers 1