The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Podzilla said:

Finally a game I could actually enjoy watching. Podz is going to be so good, he should be a mainstay on the pp and top 6 minutes.

Pettersson finally looked like an NHL’er.

Pearson looked a lot faster tonight to me than usual. Maybe since he was called out on being slow ;) 

Boeser needs to compete a lot more and same with Horvat imo. 

Demko is beast. 

Oh and Burroughs is a gem. I wouldn’t mind seeing him and Hughes together more. He’s a smart player and mobile. 

Boesers a goner.  Esp that hogz and garland have proven to be better players.  Podz emergence as well.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Ya it’s a good time to be joking for sure. Green is an arrogant idiot. It was a &^@# you to the fans and the media.

I don't agree with most of Green's coaching decisions but that was just a lame joke. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I think Boeser should be traded. He’s just not fast enough to be an elite scorer like in his rookie season. Won’t ever get that kind of time and space again. His shot is also nowhere near what it was in his rookie season. Obv from all the wrist injuries/surgeries. We need more speed.

Look at how effective Garland is compared to Boeser. Yet somehow Boeser is going to be paid way more than him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Loved Burroughs' play so far.  I have no issues with him as the 6th and even 5th dman.  

Our defense overall was great.  Noticed Hamonic commit a few misplays that reminded me that his timing is still not fully there, but he also had a few nice blockouts in front of our net.  

OEL played like an 8 mil d-man tonight, for those penny-conscious fans.  The last time I remember seeing a Canucks have a game like that was maybe Hughes once in the bubble against St. Louis, and then Edler against the Kings in the playoffs almost a decade ago.  That was a dominant game.

Motte had good jump, but then again he always does.  His timing is still off, but the wheels and the effort are there.  I cannot wait to see Motte and Highmore in our lineup at the same time (for the first time ever?).  

Have to say how bad Pearson looked tonight.  He was for me our worst forward in the sense that he didn't have any jump and was really slow/unaware in his own zone.  Horvat held his own on that line with a lot of faceoff wins that definitely set the tone for the team tonight.  

Garland was his awesome self.  What a player.  Podkolzin and Dickinson had another strong game.  I really like this line together and I hope that Green doesn't mess with them.  Let us have one good line for now and let them build more chemistry.  That Garland to Podkolzin pass that hopped over Podz' stick was a sign of good things to come. Podkolzin - Dickie - Garland has been our best line for the last four games. 

Really didn't like Lammikko, he doesn't look like an NHL forward at times.  I'm at the point where I'd rather teach a winger to play center on the fly then watch Lammikko look confused out there.  I really cheered this kid on, he's got an all-hockey smile but he could really use some time in the minors.  

Chiasson was great tonight.  Won some battles, threw hits, played physical and didn't take penalties. 

Solid game by Demko.

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wow that comes across as pretty arrogant by Green. PK was awesome? If the refs had called that interference penalty on Dickinson the Canucks probably lose.

Smart coaches know when to encourage their players and team when they’re down.  Dumb fans unfortunately, do not clue in on this.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think this is the difference between the players and the fans. 

We see the team as a fire tire, and we're like "start over. sell everything."

Players on the team see this as an opportunity to fight back, push back, compete, and climb out of the hole they dug themselves in. 

They're not mathematically out of the playoffs.....yet. And I think once that happens, they'll continue to compete. 

Nucks are 6-10-2 right now.  If they can somehow get to 12-10-2 or 13-10-2, they renter the conversation.   One game at a time though.  2019 St.Louis is a team that they can use as an example for inspiration.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Podzilla said:

I think Boeser should be traded. He’s just not fast enough to be an elite scorer like in his rookie season. Won’t ever get that kind of time and space again. His shot is also nowhere near what it was in his rookie season. Obv from all the wrist injuries/surgeries. We need more speed.

Look at how effective Garland is compared to Boeser. Yet somehow Boeser is going to be paid way more than him. 

Yeah. I think he's going to be expendable. Trading him would get a pretty good return before he signs that QO. 

I wonder if the organization thinks they can retain him, but at more than 8M. Ugh. I'm not so sure that's a good contract for a guy who's career best is 56 points, and has a hard time remaining healthy, and isn't the fastest skaters. 

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

that our passive D system can't get any more passive than this?

that it'll improve. 

that's what the poster said, that he/she thinks it'll improve. i'm just asking what's the evidence that it'll get better? 

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

that our passive D system can't get any more passive than this?

I was pulling my hair out there...  but to me it looked like Pearson and Horvat were the forwards that decided to just pretend they're a statue.  So I don't think that the system tells them to stay THAT stationary.  I mean the two defensemen and Motte were way more aggressive then those two.  

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kyle Burroughs with his first NHL goal puck.

FEncac3VgAMbnMr?format=jpg&name=large

Good for Kyle, the local kid. 

Happy for him. There needs to be some good things that need to start to happen for this team. It cannot be this bad for the entire season, right. RIGHT? 

3 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Nucks are 6-10-2 right now.  If they can somehow get to 12-10-2 or 13-10-2, they renter the conversation.   One game at a time though.  2019 St.Louis is a team that they can use as an example for inspiration.

I'm not even talking about being 12-10. That would require a 6-7 game winning streak. It still feels like that's not possible with this group. But who am I to say? 

I think I'd be happy if they can get to 10-13-2. Losing a few games here and there is more realistic. 

• Cheers 1