The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 19, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Podzilla said:

I think Boeser should be traded. He’s just not fast enough to be an elite scorer like in his rookie season. Won’t ever get that kind of time and space again. His shot is also nowhere near what it was in his rookie season. Obv from all the wrist injuries/surgeries. We need more speed.

Look at how effective Garland is compared to Boeser. Yet somehow Boeser is going to be paid way more than him. 

Boes has played his way into a raise in your eyes? Not mine.  

That said, either he or Petey might have to be traded one day, and right now I pick Pete before his next contract. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I was pulling my hair out there...  but to me it looked like Pearson and Horvat were the forwards that decided to just pretend they're a statue.  So I don't think that the system tells them to stay THAT stationary.  I mean the two defensemen and Motte were way more aggressive then those two.  

Also think the forwards need to block more shots. Lay their bodies on their line. 

4 minutes ago, Firstname Lastname said:

Didn't get to watch the game today.

What did they change on the PP to make it work?

Before

Boeser
Miller-Horvat-Pettersson
Hughes

Pearson
Garland-Podkolzin-Höglander
OEL

Now

Chiasson
Garland-Horvat-Miller
Hughes

Pearson
Boeser-Höglander-Pettersson
OEL

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Boes has played his way into a raise in your eyes? Not mine.  

That said, either he or Petey might have to be traded one day, and right now I pick Pete before his next contract. 

It's too early to say that. Your tune will change if he scores 90 points (if) next season for example. 

I still like Petey more than Brock. Brock's a little older, more injuries, he hasn't proven that he can stay healthy at all in any of the years he's played so far in his career. 

AND. Brock's qualifying offer is 7.5M. Is he worth that? 

If Petey doesn't play up to his skillset, then he's going to cost a lot less than what he's currently making in this contract. 

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Nucks are 6-10-2 right now.  If they can somehow get to 12-10-2 or 13-10-2, they renter the conversation.   One game at a time though.  2019 St.Louis is a team that they can use as an example for inspiration.

This  Also they sucked even late into the year, like to Christimas. It's doable with hope and belief. They also had an interm coach soooooo yeah

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

that it'll improve. 

that's what the poster said, that he/she thinks it'll improve. i'm just asking what's the evidence that it'll get better? 

Right, the evidence... You'll have to ask Sherlock to find it.

11 minutes ago, KILLER said:

I don't agree with most of Green's coaching decisions but that was just a lame joke. 

Ya it’s definitely got to be super funny to the players out there struggling on the pk right now. Saying the pk was awesome because they didn’t need to pk may be funny to you but I find it insulting to the players. 

10 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Nucks are 6-10-2 right now.  If they can somehow get to 12-10-2 or 13-10-2, they renter the conversation.   One game at a time though.  2019 St.Louis is a team that they can use as an example for inspiration.

St Louis fired their coach and also suddenly got hot goaltending. How much better can we expect Demko to be? And what about keeping Green and company says magical run?

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Ya it’s definitely got to be super funny to the players out there struggling on the pk right now. Saying the pk was awesome because they didn’t need to pk may be funny to you but I find it insulting to the players. 

Yeah, maybe. But I think the players have thicker skin than we do. They know they haven't been nearly good enough. Probably think that they deserve every criticism coming their way. Maybe they've got a sense of humor that we don't know about. Dunno. 

But maybe Green wanted to lighten things up? 

I still think he's gone. This win just postpones things, but does the team look like they're getting better? 

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It could be a playful jab  like he's smashing nuts. He's not hated in the room...just tuned out at times. Like a nutty uncle or brother like if you were Dennis Quad and Randy was your coach lol

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not even talking about being 12-10. That would require a 6-7 game winning streak. It still feels like that's not possible with this group. But who am I to say? 

I think I'd be happy if they can get to 10-13-2. Losing a few games here and there is more realistic. 

You never know how these things will play out.  Last year for instance, the Canucks played their best stretch of hockey when Pettersson went down with injury.  We went on an 8-3-2 run before our Covid outbreak wrecked our season.  

Going 8-3-2 starting on Sunday would put us at 14-13-4 which would likely put us within striking distance of the #4 spot.   Basically, we just have to keep fighting.  We’ve looked good our last two games and our PP seems to be coming around.  Keep fighting hard until the trade deadline and make a decision at the trade deadline.  

In a 12 round boxing fight, if a fighter loses the 1st round 10-9 and the 2nd round 10-8, he keeps fighting.  He doesn’t start thinking like a nerd or a virgin from high school and start thinking about “statistical probabilities” of winning the fight.  He marches forward and gives it his all.  Like a warrior in battle.

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, maybe. But I think the players have thicker skin than we do. They know they haven't been nearly good enough. Probably think that they deserve every criticism coming their way. Maybe they've got a sense of humor that we don't know about. Dunno. 

But maybe Green wanted to lighten things up? 

I still think he's gone. This win just postpones things, but does the team look like they're getting better? 

Benning made a point of saying yesterday how fragile this group is. 

Green can go do stand up comedy if that’s what he thinks his job is. This comment will look even more ignorant if the pk gets torched again next game with no adjustments from him.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

St Louis fired their coach and also suddenly got hot goaltending. How much better can we expect Demko to be? And what about keeping Green and company says magical run?

So maybe we fire our coach and Petey and Brock start playing like they did the way in years past under a new system?  

My point being is that we are down, but not out, and things can still change.  It’s a 12 round boxing fight.  All we’ve done so far is lose the first 2.5 rounds.  

1 minute ago, KILLER said:

It could be a playful jab  like he's smashing nuts. He's not hated in the room...just tuned out at times. Like a nutty uncle or brother like if you were Dennis Quad and Randy was your coach lol

The PK sucking is his fault. If his solution is to never take a penalty it’s going to be a long year.