The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Demko was an ace from game 1-82(yeah I know he was injured at the end). The team absolutely got better around him. So many players came in flat. 
EP was horrible early in the season, and you know I have pretty much nothing bad to say about him. Boeser was off, with good reasons but still off. 
‘I think we can’t oversell the turnaround either. This wasn’t St. Louis becoming the best team in the league, over Bruce’s tenure we were I believe 12th or 13th in the league. Was with JT and Bo playing above their heads, EP coming into form and Q turning into a solid all situation D man. 
So if we can replicate the career years of Bo, JTM, Q, Demko and expect improvement in Brock and Podz then we are maybe a top 10 team that is built more for the regular season than the playoffs. That’s a big maybe too.

‘I agree with you we have a good start in the core but I really want to see a group that will have a period of 5-6 years of being a contender like the Lightning have been and the Avs look to be just starting. I am not sure you can get there with just this core and UFAs you can find along the way, I think a lot more ext extensive renovations are coming. 
JR gutted the hockey ops and player development programs and is completely rebuilding them.  I doubt he would have torn things up as extensively if he liked the team on the ice. 

Would Miller for Kakko + Kravstov give us (potentially) another core player to go with Petey, Hughes, Demko, Pods, Bo?

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If they win and Kadri walks, which I think he does in order to get paid, I could see Colorado giving up a lot to try and repeat 

If they lose I could see them giving up a lot to reload, they need to win before Mac's extension is worked out

Miller at his cap hit fits both scenarios 

and as I said before, getting Miller at under $3m would allow them to replace kdri for next year and also allow them to re-sign Nichuskin and Manson and still have a little $ to play with.  If Van took Compher back, Colorado would be in an even a better spot.

7 hours ago, JM_ said:

doesn't solve our right side gaps, but that would be a heck of a left side. We could then look at moving Rathbone tho. 

Provorov has played the majority of his career with the Flyers, on the right-side. 

I don’t see the Flyers trading him, though. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Konecny+5th for miller+ 15 makes so much sense. 

Hirvat could have his cousin konecny on his wing. And at 5 we could get a top rhd 

Disagreed.   This is nowhere near enough. Canucks would need to retain 15 to start.

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would Miller for Kakko + Kravstov give us (potentially) another core player to go with Petey, Hughes, Demko, Pods, Bo?

Those two guys are both busts at their draft positions. I’m pretty sure we can get better assets from a Miller trade. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those two guys are both busts at their draft positions. I’m pretty sure we can get better assets from a Miller trade. 

Bustaroo bonsais?  So more Krappo and Krapsoft than core? 

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

If we get kuz I wouldn't  be surprised to see us do a trade where kratsov is a piece

Third line of podz Kratsov kuzmenko

Pods has the smarts, and skills to be a heck of a good centre too.

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

If we get kuz I wouldn't  be surprised to see us do a trade where kratsov is a piece

Third line of podz Kratsov kuzmenko

If we can get Kuzmenko for free we should also go after Nichuskin for free. He is the real deal. Big, powerful, great skater and can play in all situations. I’d even do a 7x7 for him. 

we can then trade Miller for picks and prospects and trade Garland and Pearson for help on defence. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

He has looked outstanding lately, but his previous highest point total was 34 points. He scored 21, 27, and 10 in the previous 3 years. I do think he's a late bloomers, but I also don't think this is the new normal for him.

I would be choked if we signed him for a 7x7.

Agreed.  
This year is the big outlier. 
4x4 would be ok, but I also doubt he come close to this years totals on any other team. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Agreed.  
This year is the big outlier. 
4x4 would be ok, but I also doubt he come close to this years totals on any other team. 

I'd be ok with 4x4. I assume he'll get something closer to 5x5 which is too rich for my blood on that player.

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, stawns said:

you don't think so?  That said, I doubt they'd move Byram for a rental.

Why would they trade away a 21 year old stud Dman.

They can re sign Kadri for similar or less money than Miller will get. They're not giving up Byram for 1 year of Miller. They'd rather keep their own players. 

Avs have 3 ufa Dmen. Byram is rfa. He'll move up the get a bigger role next season. 

29 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why would they trade away a 21 year old stud Dman.

They can re sign Kadri for similar or less money than Miller will get. They're not giving up Byram for 1 year of Miller. They'd rather keep their own players. 

Avs have 3 ufa Dmen. Byram is rfa. He'll move up the get a bigger role next season. 

I don't disagree, but I think they'll let Kadri walk if they can get Miller for 50% retained and the ability to re-sign Nichuskin and Manson and that's the x factor........trading for Miller actually gives them the cap flexibility they need and keeps them at the top of the contender pack.  It also gives them a season to decide what to do with Miller.  JT might even take a team friendly deal in Co.

Again, I don't disagree that Sakic probably isn't keen on giving up Byram for a rental.

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

He has looked outstanding lately, but his previous highest point total was 34 points. He scored 21, 27, and 10 in the previous 3 years. I do think he's a late bloomers, but I also don't think this is the new normal for him.

I would be choked if we signed him for a 7x7.

How about a Loui 6x6 special?  13 points in 16 playoffs games.  52 points in 62 games in the regular season.  He easily would have hit 30 goals this year like Horvat.  I can't see why he won't get a similar contract as BO.

I also think he is a late bloomer.  He is the complete package now.  I can see teams lining up for him.  Play him with Petey and Boeser and you have one heck of a top line.  

Nichushkin   Pettersson   Boeser

Kuzmenko   Horvat          Podkolzin

Love that top 6.  Our power play will be special.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How about a Loui 6x6 special?  13 points in 16 playoffs games.  52 points in 62 games in the regular season.  He easily would have hit 30 goals this year like Horvat.  I can't see why he won't get a similar contract as BO.

I also think he is a late bloomer.  He is the complete package now.  I can see teams lining up for him.  Play him with Petey and Boeser and you have one heck of a top line.  

Nichushkin   Pettersson   Boeser

Kuzmenko   Horvat          Podkolzin

Love that top 6.  Our power play will be special.  

Nope, I would like 4x4. I could accept 5x5. Anything more or longer I feel like is trouble.