The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Could easily see Miller playing with us next season.  

Ok but how does this change anything for our team? So we are just running the same club back? I don’t really understand how fans are ok with that? We all know even though they went on that run how many flaws this team still had and they aren’t going to address any of them? Fans are ok with this? You miss the playoffs and bring most of them team back. That really isn’t holding the team accountable and it tells the team it is unacceptable. I just don’t get how they say there will be changes and it’s built wrong and then bring it all back. Anyways there is a lot of time before October so we will see what happens.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah just trade him for scraps or sign him 8 x 8 :lol:

I don’t think those are the only 2 options. In trade talks, we have all the leverage on teams trying to get over the hump. If we set a deadline for trade talks, teams will fold. NYR, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Washington, i could go on. They could all use JT at a low cap hit to get them to the next level. 

• Like 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but how does this change anything for our team? So we are just running the same club back? I don’t really understand how fans are ok with that? We all know even though they went on that run how many flaws this team still had and they aren’t going to address any of them. Fans are ok with this? You miss the playoffs and bring most of them team back. That really isn’t holding the team accountable and telling them is unacceptable. I just don’t get how they say there will be changes and then it sounds like most are ok with bringing it all back. Anyways there is a lot of time before October so we will see what happens.

I totally agree.  IMHAO we missed the best trade return for Miller at the 2022 TDL.  Now we are stuck.  

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

See here's the thing, the entirety of the league and some of the fans assumed with Boesers QO that he couldn't be had and needed to be traded because he was a "$7" million player, until he wasn't.

Just because player X signed for Y doesn't mean Miller will demand or command $9+ million.  The Panarin, Tavares, Bobrovsky contracts and so many more suggest that this would be a bad deal for many teams and many players are in fact leaving $ on the table while being in Millers' situation

I feel JT Miller will sign for around $8.3 million somewhere but it won't be Vancouver

He should have been, that was a huge blunder

3 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Would we do Jt Miller Pearson for Anderson petry 2023 2nd?

Anderson is a cap dump.  Why would we want a guy nearly 30, signed for five more years at 5.5 who puts up an average of 27 points per season!  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

I hope you’re right.  $7.75M x 8yrs is giving the team a “discount”.  Even $8M x 8yrs would be a “discount”.

While Miller would be productive at the beginning of the contract, he’s likely to be falling near the last few years of the contract.  Might require trading 1sts and prospects to get rid of his contract.  Or if he still performs well, Canucks may recoup picks and prospects.

There is close to zero chance he'd accept anything under $8m.........why would he?  I don't see Miller willing to stay in Van unless the Canucks significantly overpay, and if Dregers reports of them not allowing teams to talk extension then that pretty much puts any talk of him staying in Van on ice

Just now, stawns said:

There is close to zero chance he'd accept anything under $8m.........why would he?  I don't see Miller willing to stay in Van unless the Canucks significantly overpay, and if Dregers reports of them not allowing teams to talk extension then that pretty much puts any talk of him staying in Van on ice

People hold onto the fact he says he loves it here. Wants to win here. It’s all talk when you want to be paid at the maximum that he could get. Doesn’t mean anything really when people bring it up.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Blocking shots is not a reliable indicator of defensive play.  If a player is doing it more it could also mean that he is spending more time defending vs forcing the other team to defend.  

AP does everything Theodore does, plus he's way more physical and kills penalties which Theodore really doesn't do.  The better defenseman is the one who does everything the other guys do plus all the things they don't in my view. 

8 minutes ago, UFCanuck said:

What else is new half have already given up :ph34r:typical 

I haven't given up at all. I trust this management, and what they are doing..

But if they traded Miller for Petry, Anderson and a 2nd, that would be one of the worst trades I have ever seen and I would think they are super incompetent. Now I know that this will never happen, so I don't have to worry.

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Vancouver can get a better return and Montreal isn’t going to pay that for a 1 year rental when they’re rebuilding. 

I’m not sure but Ruthford has settle this by free agency we have to many holes not clear cap. Bo or Miller can get us young defencemen on cheap contract and maybe take off Pearson contract for us