The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I broke down. Absolutely nada except him suggesting JT's superb  professionalism may make Vancouver appreciate him more ... but also confirmed he said they were miles apart. I have to commend JT though as he says he's been a supreme pro the whole way.

Sekeras sounded extra slimy though. I think he might have been emerging from something during the broadcast.

Oh yeah also suggested the next trade point will be this week when the next buyout window opens. Kadri probably gets done this week as well.

so basically his usual shtick of saying what we know and alluding to knowing more when he knows squat. I'm sure he trolls CDC for ideas too.

I guess buyouts could play a role here? I suppose Beauvillier's is pretty good as buyouts go: https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/anthony-beauvillier

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Meme Lol GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Happy Bear Grylls GIF by NBC

OMG this is so hilarious you can't be serious. MacTavish might be the best young player in the league.

That's the type of player they need to target otherwise you're losing a 80-100 point player for the next few years

Edited by BureBurrito

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

points for the usage of "shtick" - not used enough imo. Serekes really missed an opportunity not calling his podcast "the hockey shtick" , fits him perfectly. 

Extra points for using the uncommon spelling of it as well? 

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I broke down. Absolutely nada except him suggesting JT's superb  professionalism may make Vancouver appreciate him more ... but also confirmed he said they were miles apart. I have to commend JT though as he says he's been a supreme pro the whole way.

Sekeras sounded extra slimy though. I think he might have been emerging from something during the broadcast.

Oh yeah also suggested the next trade point will be this week when the next buyout window opens. Kadri probably gets done this week as well.

The buyout window closed on 12 July and won't open up until mid-June 2023.  The few teams that had a 2nd window has also theirs shut now - all arbitration cases have been finalised and there's no more buyout opportunity till June.

• Thanks 2

Just now, JM_ said:

I've seen it both ways, not sure which one is correct. All I know is Sekeres is still a clown. 

Hahaha, they're both correct; schtick is merely less common. Agreed on Sekeres. I honestly don't know how he still has a job, but I guess there's a large enough Canucks audience that thinks just like him.

4 minutes ago, mll said:

The buyout window closed on 12 July and won't open up until mid-June 2023.  The few teams that had a 2nd window has also theirs shut now - all arbitration cases have been finalised and there's no more buyout opportunity till June.

So you're saying...we have until June to trade him...?

Interesting.  I mean we missed the TDL, we missed the draft, we missed the free agency.  So if we miss the TDL again; we still have a chance to trade him@

ASsEt mAnAgeMiNtZ

:bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Hahaha, they're both correct; schtick is merely less common. Agreed on Sekeres. I honestly don't know how he still has a job, but I guess there's a large enough Canucks audience that thinks just like him.

I looked at the podcast ad numbers a while back, I think if you can get 20,000 regular listeners you can make an OK living. So there's probably that much of an angry stump of former 1040 listeners who still like him.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, mll said:

serves us right for listening to Sekeres. Let this be a warning @Gawdzukes

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

doubt ana moves mactavish 

I'm just some guy on the internet, but here's my take on this one. Let's say... I know a guy that knows a guy, or something like that.

From what I've heard McTavish was/is one of the most dominate players at that age a guy ever guyed with. A guy said on draft day when a guy was with him, and 2 guys were talking about the draft, that he wouldn't be surprised if McTavish went top 3 in the draft. This was back when he was still thought to be closer to 7-10.

A guy played with him, and said he was like no one he had ever seen or player with before. He was a physical specimen with a super underrated skill set and the competitive nature to match it. I was still on the fence, but low and behold about 30 minutes later MM went higher then nearly anyone expected, except for the guy who had seen his game first hand.

I'm only telling this story, because I rarely have any first hand information about legit prospects, but from what I have heard Mason is unreal and wouldn't be moved.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Sekeres says they're miles apart, but Miller says (closely paraphrasing) "we're not close enough." To me, this says that they're not too far off but rather just not there yet whereas Sekeres is doing his typical hyperbolic schtick. 

Yeah I'm not in the keep Miller crowd but I guess I could see a way to attempt it. Not a big fan of the cap problems we continually face though and don't like the idea of making it worse but we'll see what happens. It's funny how everyone interprets JT's comments so differently ... I didn't listen myself to be honest so maybe I'll go find the clip.

I really miss the days where people just reported the facts and stories with a slight lean without being aholes to get clicks. 

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

so basically his usual shtick of saying what we know and alluding to knowing more when he knows squat. I'm sure he trolls CDC for ideas too.

I guess buyouts could play a role here? I suppose Beauvillier's is pretty good as buyouts go: https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/anthony-beauvillier

Yup Sekeras is a huge goof. lol same old. He probably gets half of his ideas here. I think he might be that AV character. :lol: Yeah he speculated maybe a buyout or moving Pageau but suggested one center will probably move to the wing.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

That's the type of player they need to target otherwise you're losing a 80-100 point player for the next few years

Yeah well start with Petterson or Hughes and add Podkolzin and you might have a deal. Anaheim is rebuilding. Why would they trade away there best young 19 year old player who is ripping it up at every level, including currently destroying it at the WJrs?

What on earth could they possibly be getting in return and why wouldn't we just take that? 

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I'm not in the keep Miller crowd but I guess I could see a way to attempt it. Not a big fan of the cap problems we continually face though and don't like the idea of making it worse but we'll see what happens. It's funny how everyone interprets JT's comments so differently ... I didn't listen myself to be honest so maybe I'll go find the clip.

I really miss the days where people just reported the facts and stories with a slight lean without being aholes to get clicks. 

Yup Sekeras is a huge goof. lol same old. He probably gets half of his ideas here. I think he might be that AV character. :lol: Yeah he speculated maybe a buyout or moving Pageau but suggested one center will probably move to the wing.

The video of the podcast is a few pages back. It's worth a listen. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I'm just some guy on the internet, but here's my take on this one. Let's say... I know a guy that knows a guy, or something like that.

From what I've heard McTavish was/is one of the most dominate players at that age a guy ever guyed with. A guy said on draft day when a guy was with him, and 2 guys were talking about the draft, that he wouldn't be surprised if McTavish went top 3 in the draft. This was back when he was still thought to be closer to 7-10.

A guy played with him, and said he was like no one he had ever seen or player with before. He was a physical specimen with a super underrated skill set and the competitive nature to match it. I was still on the fence, but low and behold about 30 minutes later MM went higher then nearly anyone expected, except for the guy who had seen his game first hand.

I'm only telling this story, because I rarely have any first hand information about legit prospects, but from what I have heard Mason is unreal and wouldn't be moved.

I think you're a guy shy of the most guys' comments in a post.:towel:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, mll said:

Ah I don't know what he's talking about then. He definitely says at about 1:25 "We haven't gone through that second phase of buyouts, by every team yet ... that could free up some cap space or move some dollars around to ah ... make a Miller trade possible".

37 minutes ago, JM_ said:

serves us right for listening to Sekeres. Let this be a warning @Gawdzukes

Well I had to go back and listen to that goof again.

My day is ruined !!!

:bigblush: 

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Probably just moulting.

Ha ha ha. I wish I was better at photoshop. He just gets more slimy and deranged with heavier breathing every time?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I think you're a guy shy of the most guys' comments in a post.:towel:

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Extra points for using the uncommon spelling of it as well? 

Because it’s from Yiddish, there are multiple spelling possibilities using a phonetic English spelling. Just like Hannukah, where there are numerous ways to spell it in English. 

Edited by steviewonder20
  • Thanks 1