The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 hours ago, stawns said:

exactly right..............and theres not some weird myth built up around EP or QH that they are some kind of super leaders who can will their team to win at all costs.  And the truth is, the one playoff experience they had with MIller, it was Bo who carried the team on his shoulders.

2020 Playoffs:

JT Miller - 18 points 

Elias Pettersson - 18 points 

Bo Horvat - 12 points

Where are you getting the fabricated idea that Bo Horvat carried us in the bubble?  Was that a comment from his agent?  

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

2020 Playoffs:

JT Miller - 18 points 

Bo Horvat - 12 points

Where are you getting the fabricated idea that Bo Horvat carried us in the bubble?  Was that a comment from his agent?  

because I watched it

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2020 Playoffs:

JT Miller - 18 points 

Bo Horvat - 12 points

Pts are part of it bit if you didn’t think Bo was dominant that postseason you clearly didn’t watch and only looked at the stat sheet. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Pts are part of it bit if you didn’t think Bo was dominant that postseason you clearly didn’t watch and only looked at the stat sheet. 

I never said BO didn’t play well. But for someone to suggest he carried the entire team on his back is a fabricated lie. We wouldn’t have even gotten to the 2nd round if it wasn’t for Demko. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So did I. Miller and Petey played like superstars. Not sure what games you were watching. 

How much you downplay Bo’s effectiveness shows you weren’t fully paying attention. Bo was a beast much like Kesler in 2011 even though he wasn’t top of the team in points either. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I never said BO didn’t play well. But for someone to suggest he carried the entire team on his back is a fabricated lie. We wouldn’t have even gotten to the 2nd round if it wasn’t for Demko. 

And Bo. 

agreed about Demko, but that's always an implied caveat in my mind

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

How much you downplay Bo’s effectiveness shows you weren’t fully paying attention. Bo was a beast much like Kesler in 2011 even though he wasn’t top of the team in points either. 

And Miller and Petey weren’t?  They all played well. And Demko carried us to the 2nd round. 

And Miller and Petey weren’t?  They all played well. And Demko carried us to the 2nd round. 

Miller and Petey were great too but Bo was solid 200ft and on FO, PK etc. like I said far more to great performances than just points. 

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Nor am I. Get off my lawn....

Ummm sir, you're standing in line at Subway, may I take your order.

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

because I watched it

Ummm not possible didn't you see JT had six more points/sarcasm

Anyone that watched the series saw Bo put us on his back. Clearly the catalyst our team relied upon, not to mention huge goals and single handedly winning games along with Demko.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Ummm sir, you're standing in line at Subway, may I take your order.

Ummm not possible didn't you see JT had six more points/sarcasm

Anyone that watched the series saw Bo put us on his back. Clearly the catalyst our team relied upon, not to mention huge goals and single handedly winning games along with Demko.

agreed and I'm not saying Miller wasn't great, he was.  However, it was Bo who stood out the most.......aside from Thatch

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Exactly, if you didn't follow that key story to our success you mustn't have had the volume turned up on your TV or watched any of the highlights on sports center either.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

agreed and I'm not saying Miller wasn't great, he was.  However, it was Bo who stood out the most.......aside from Thatch

Yeah he was the story aside from Demko although Petey and Miller played great too. Point being Bo was a massive leader there and a couple times single-handedly put his team on his back and went through the entire team to win us the game. He played like a true warrior, and leader, which was the original point I believe.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Just out of curiosity why do people think Aquaman interferes or has a playoff directive?

Take it for whatever it's worth,  but in an article that was published some time ago,  it was reported that Aquaman wanted playoffs so his aging father could experience them once more before he was gone.  As such,  he directed JB to make the necessary moves to get into the playoffs as opposed to taking the other route that Linden favored.  Fast forward many years later,  we are where we are.

While on TSN 1040, he revealed that Aquilini wants the rebuild to finish sooner, rather than later. Why? Because his father is getting old (he’s in his 80’s) and he wants him to still be around when the Canucks win the Stanley Cup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecanuckway.com/2018/09/22/vancouver-canucks-ownership-wants-a-fast-rebuild-for-a-different-reason/amp/

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2