The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

Weird. Im seeing Kadri's name out there. What if Sakic is thinking of moving Kadri for assets, they can't afford him moving forward. Then deal for Miller, cost controlled for two playoff pushes. Skaic would be able to offer a wide range of picks, players. 

That would be a smart move asset wise in my opinion. Send Kadri to Boston?

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, BPA said:

So apparently the asking price for Giroux is a 1st + prospect + young guy.

Miller trade value is going up!!!

Not really. That's standard, high end rental cost. Miller was always going to be more than that.

23 minutes ago, rekker said:

Weird. Im seeing Kadri's name out there. What if Sakic is thinking of moving Kadri for assets, they can't afford him moving forward. Then deal for Miller, cost controlled for two playoff pushes. Skaic would be able to offer a wide range of picks, players. 

Find it hard to believe they'd trade him with the season he's having and wanting to contend. Don't normally see GM's "break up the band" under those circumstances. Risky to interrupt the chemistry like that. Interesting wrinkle if it happens though.

10 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

From an asset management view point, absolutely.  Kadri to BOS or similar and nab Miller for two runs... Crazy if it happens!

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, rekker said:

14 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

To BOS: Kadri

To COL: Debrusk, Senyshyn, 1st (BOS)

To VAN: Debrusk, Barron, 1st (BOS), 1st (COL)

To COL: Miller

Would be nice for the Canucks to have 3 1st round picks this year and adding Barron on top of that.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is Kakko even an NHL player at this point?  Lots of skill and size, but does he have the desire?  Is he like Olli Juiolevi and lacking the inner strenght of character to play the right way?  

I think he is. Just look at his world championship play. Guy is just not meshing with the play style he is asking to play. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not really. That's standard, high end rental cost. Miller was always going to be more than that.

Find it hard to believe they'd trade him with the season he's having and wanting to contend. Don't normally see GM's "break up the band" under those circumstances. Risky to interrupt the chemistry like that. Interesting wrinkle if it happens though.

From an asset management view point, absolutely.  Kadri to BOS or similar and nab Miller for two runs... Crazy if it happens!

It is crazy. Ask me two days ago and I wouldn't of thought Kadri is going anywhere. Then today I'm seeing his name mentioned in rumours and on NHL Network. It's the internet, so ya. But it seems like a Sakic move. Sell Kadri high, buy Miller for two playoff runs during the McKinnon window. Sakic would have a wealth of trade chips for the Canucks to choose from. Heck, they may pay well for Motte as well. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Would be nice for the Canucks to have 3 1st round picks this year and adding Barron on top of that.

BOS is going to have to give up more than an at best low value cap dump in Debrusk, a throw in in Senyshyn and their late 1st for Kadri.

Try Debrusk, Lysell and their 1st and you're getting warmer.

And COL would have to give up more than Debrusk, Barron and  couple late 1sts.

Debrusk, Newhook, Barron, their 23 1st (they don't have a 22) and the BOS 1st for Miller + Motte.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

BOS is going to have to give up more than an at best low value cap dump in Debrusk, a throw in in Senyshyn and their late 1st for Kadri.

Debrusk, Newhook, Barron, their 23 1st (they don't have a 22) and the BOS 1st for Miller + Motte.

Kadri is at this moment, a pure UFA rental.  I don't think you usually see grade A prospects included for those kinda guys unless they're allowed to negotiate ahead of time.

50 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Kadri is at this moment, a pure UFA rental.  I don't think you usually see grade A prospects included for those kinda guys unless they're allowed to negotiate ahead of time.

He's more grade A-, which you do see. Either way Debrusk and Senyshyn aren't cutting it.

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's more grade A-, which you do see. Either way Debrusk and Senyshyn aren't cutting it.

I tried to find some comparable rentals, can you think of any where a 18 to 20 year old 1st round pick, a regular NHLer, and a 1st round pick are included?  

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I tried to find some comparable rentals, can you think of any where a 18 to 20 year old 1st round pick, a regular NHLer, and a 1st round pick are included?  

Haven't been many recently... Stone, Hayes, Duchene and Granlund in 2019 are probably the most recent close'ish comparables

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Haven't been many recently... Stone, Hayes, Duchene and Granlund in 2019 are probably the most recent close'ish comparables

Stone is probably the closest given Kadri's performance this year.  So a non-NHLer, a high tier prospect, and a 2nd.

I think at this point, if Rangers offer Laff, Lundqvist and a 1st, we do take the deal for JT Miller... this is if they are persistent on excluding Schneider from any trade talks. 

Obviously if Schneider is included, I dont see them including Laff.  I'd rather take the chance on Laff and Lundqvist than Schneider, Krav and  Chytil.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

lol colorado ain't going to give up Kadri Barron 1st + more just for Miller and senyshyn.. an absolute crap deal on their end.. kadri is a playoff beast for colorado assuming he doesn't get suspended way more valuable than miller is to them. i think it's safe to say no one is going to be trading for Miller if his asking price is equivalent of 4 1st rounder... no player in the salary cap era have come even close to the equivalent of 4 1st rounders that's 22 or younger.. literally no one.. and there have been far better players than Miller traded throughout that time. unless that guy's name is mcdavid mackinnon draisatil or matthews.. ain't happening. as much as i love to see miller moved for asset.. if the asking price is 4 1st.. no team is going to bite.

5 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

I think at this point, if Rangers offer Laff, Lundqvist and a 1st, we do take the deal for JT Miller... this is if they are persistent on excluding Schneider from any trade talks. 

Obviously if Schneider is included, I dont see them including Laff.  I'd rather take the chance on Laff and Lundqvist than Schneider, Krav and  Chytil.

No Schneider, no deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

ONE OF US ONE OF US

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No Schneider, no deal.

I see huge potential in Laff, and if he can mimic JTs success, which he certainly has the potential too, we're essentially being rewarded Lundqvist and a 1st for our patience.  I see value in that since we're no contender yet.

1 minute ago, T.Demko said:

I see huge potential in Laff, and if he can mimic JTs success, which he certainly has the potential too, we're essentially being rewarded Lundqvist and a 1st for our patience.  I see value in that since we're no contender yet.

Laugher + Schneider + 2022 (1st)

Laugher to Habs for unprotected 2022 (1st)

We end up with Schneider Rags first and Habs first.

Thats a very fair deal for all team.  And they can suck old socks if they don’t like it.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Laugher + Schneider + 2022 (1st)

Laugher to Habs for unprotected 2022 (1st)

We end up with Schneider Rags first and Habs first.

Thats a very fair deal for all team.  And they can suck old socks if they don’t like it.  

Hey, if the Rags are offering that, I'll chase JT Miller out myself.  That's a heck of a deal.  I'm fine with Lundqvist in that over Schneider, I still think we get the upper hand in the long run.

The ones I do not want is Kappo or Krav.  Yuck.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

I don't particularly want Lundqvist though.  If we can flip him for something we can actually use, I'd be more open to it.

• Like 1