The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 hour ago, BPA said:

That’s a good package.  But I think Canucks would need to include Motte or Schenn.

Really depends if Canucks go on a winning streak or not before TDL.

Possibly. Or retain a mil or two etc.

Point is, there's potential packages good enough that don't include Schneider/Laffy. So good in fact, we might need to add!

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Possibly. Or retain a mil or two etc.

Point is, there's potential packages good enough that don't include Schneider/Laffy. So good in fact, we might need to add!

I'd do that trade if we had a taker for Lundqvist in exchange for a D who wasn't such a liability in his own zone.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd do that trade if we had a taker for Lundqvist in exchange for a D who wasn't such a liability in his own zone.

Agreed. Roster redundancies have played a big part in the organizations struggles. It's not just about getting pieces, it's about getting the right pieces. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Agreed. Roster redundancies have played a big part in the organizations struggles. It's not just about getting pieces, it's about getting the right pieces. 

Zero reason Lundkvist couldn't play opposite OEL for the next 5 years.

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

His play in his own zone is a big reason.  I really don't want him.

He might be good but we don’t need another small puck moving defenseman. This is why I really want Schneider or someone like him. 

Just keep in mind.  Anyone we trade Miller for right now HAS to be able to make some sort of an impact or at least be able to keep the Canucks respectably in the race/hunt over the next 4 weeks post TDL.

We can't be this close to the playoffs only to trade Miller and mail it in.  It would take a management group with serious stones to trade their best(ish) player in a race this tight and not try to ensure the return pieces kept them in the hunt.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just keep in mind.  Anyone we trade Miller for right now HAS to be able to make some sort of an impact or at least be able to keep the Canucks respectably in the race/hunt over the next 4 weeks post TDL.

We can't be this close to the playoffs only to trade Miller and mail it in.  It would take a management group with serious stones to trade their best(ish) player in a race this tight and not try to ensure the return pieces kept them in the hunt.

Like a young, fast, mid 6 F and a young mid pair RD?

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd say...yes.  A nice shiny young C/W a young mid RD with upside, a pick.  You know.  More than frigging Tofolli got.

Something like Chytil and Lundkvist +/- or Newhook + Barron +/-......

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Something like Chytil and Lundkvist +/- or Newhook + Barron +/-......

I am 100% shying away from the Rangers with anything involving Chytil or Kravstov as a main piece coming back.  

I am liking the Kings and Avs for the return we want/need

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I am 100% shying away from the Rangers with anything involving Chytil or Kravstov as a main piece coming back.  

I am liking the Kings and Avs for the return we want/need

Lundkvist would be the main piece there.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

They’re less than 2 weeks from the trade deadline.

Theres a good chance they already know the Rangers aren’t budging and aren’t gonna come close to what they’re asking for.

Remember the Canucks don’t need to make a trade. Especially if teams are lowballing them.

All these deals will be there in the summer, even more so with non playoff teams looking to make a splash.

Rangers scout in attendance tonight as Miller pops off, I wouldn't be shocked if they upped the ante at all 

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That would be two small, offensive Dmen in their top 4. How many recent cup winners have two sub six foot Dmen on their rosters, let alone in their top 4?

That is such arbitrary criteria. Nobody is saying we don't also need size on the D.

You know what cup winners have? Really good defense cores who can move the puck.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

That is such arbitrary criteria. Nobody is saying we don't also need size on the D.

You know what cup winners have? Really good defense cores who can move the puck.

Then we get a bigger puck mover that can also hold up his end of things in his own end. No settling. Get the right pieces.

Doesn't much matter now anyways. Miller has effectively played himself off of the trade market.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Then we get a bigger puck mover that can also hold up his end of things in his own end. No settling. Get the right pieces.

Doesn't much matter now anyways. Miller has effectively played himself off of the trade market.

I wouldn't be so sure, a lot of that depends on what the teams around us do. Edmonton won tonight, LA continues to win and Calgary is likely out of reach. Anaheim and Vegas are still around. 

Minnesota and Nashville won last night, Dallas has been on a tear of late. If all we do is keep pace I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him go. 

Particularly if a team antes up. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't be so sure, a lot of that depends on what the teams around us do. Edmonton won tonight, LA continues to win and Calgary is likely out of reach. Anaheim and Vegas are still around. 

Minnesota and Nashville won last night, Dallas has been on a tear of late. If all we do is keep pace I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him go. 

Particularly if a team antes up. 

Anaheim are likely sellers at the deadline.  Verbeek made it clear that he can't afford to lose Manson, Lindholm and Rakell for nothing.  He's trying to extend Lindholm but he doesn't want to give out too much term.  

Seravalli reported that Lehner is playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder which will require surgery at some point.  

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Anaheim are likely sellers at the deadline.  Verbeek made it clear that he can't afford to lose Manson, Lindholm and Rakell for nothing.  He's trying to extend Lindholm but he doesn't want to give out too much term.  

Seravalli reported that Lehner is playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder which will require surgery at some point.  

Anaheim likely are, I agree. I don't see them as a serious competitor anymore. Vegas has dealt with injuries all season, they're in it til they're not. They're more likely to try and grab a goalie than sell, or they'll stand pat. 

Edmonton will go for it, LA and Calgary are teams I don't see us catching. Minnesota, Nashville, Dallas, and Winnipeg are all jockeying for a central/wildcard spot. Even with Miller playing like he has our playoff odds are still mostly dependent on how the teams around us play. 

Winning is fun, but we'll lose games too. 

Edited by Coconuts