The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, Ilya Mikheyev said:

image.png.5db9f4fb6f7a0da73cc11e7f2cf78425.png

Good for him.

Doesn't mean we should be spending large cap dollars on a less physical, more offensive Myers, that we don't need, and is a poor fit with the age of our core. (Barring a guy like Ekblad, we need guys like Tanev, Pesce, Marino, Lyubushkin, Manson, McNabb etc.

Not Klingberg.

rhino-pooping.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Good for him.

Doesn't mean we should be spending large cap dollars on a less physical, more offensive Myers, that we don't need, and is a poor fit with the age of our core. (Barring a guy like Ekblad, we need guys like Tanev, Pesce, Marino, Lyubushkin, Manson, McNabb etc.

Not Klingberg.

rhino-pooping.gif

clear Myers sign Klingberg

9 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Imagine the insanity if we managed to move Miller for one of Dobson or Byram, and then we were able to clear just the right amount of cap to get Klingberg signed...

Likely we’d have to add Tucker Poolman to Miller to get either Dobson or Byram.  :frantic:

(I think I just wet myself from laughing so hard!) :lol:

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Good for him.

Not Klingberg.

rhino-pooping.gif

I’d say someone’s been feeding the Rhino:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Good for him.

Not Klingberg.

rhino-pooping.gif

We could use a solid puck-mover on the right side but it’d be better if they were around our core’s age group, that they bring more than offense(can be their main thing but no Barrie types) and firstly we need a physical defensive type. 

IMO we add a two-way PMD, a physical defensive D to fill out top 4 RD spots and then get a defensive physical 3rd pair to bring some energy and take up some defensive responsibilities then we’d have a great D-core. 

Have to prioritize what’s needed first though and that’s clearing cap and improving on the defensive side. 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Imagine the insanity if we managed to move Miller for one of Dobson or Byram, and then we were able to clear just the right amount of cap to get Klingberg signed...

I’ll believe it when I see it. This all star management group with the “legend” JR at the helm has a ton to prove in my books. 

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’ll believe it when I see it. This all star management group with the “legend” JR at the helm has a ton to prove in my books. 

I'm not saying I think it'll happen. Just that it would be pretty insane if it did. 

That being said, although they still have "a ton to prove", I don't think there really is any urgency. The right moves will come. Folks are just impatient for the good and for the bad. 

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

On $&!# teams yes the year he had decent linemates he put up almost 30 goals. Anderson is built for playoffs. A line of Podz Horvat Anderson would be absolute handful and tough play against.

Those CBJ teams had talent at the time.

Not a bad middle 6 option. I like the way he plays.

Edited by J-23

46 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think you're incorrect. I think Miller's camp is asking in the $60m-$65m range and the Canucks are offering closer to $45m-$50m range (with 5-6 years of term at ~$8-something mil).

Ergo there's a +/- $15m spread between parties. That's in no way, shape or form, "close". There's simply no deal we should be offering, that I feel like JT is likely accept in anything resembling reality.

Well you're the agent.

I said the range was $60 mill give or take 2 or 3 mill didn't I?

The Canucks are not offering $45-50 imo because they know it wouldn't be acceptable.

It was reported that management said they were close on the money.

I'm going with that thanks.

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

On $&!# teams yes the year he had decent linemates he put up almost 30 goals. Anderson is built for playoffs. A line of Podz Horvat Anderson would be absolute handful and tough play against.

So we get the Habs’ unprotected 2023 first to take the dumperoo Anderson?  And it’s still a stupid idea.  5 years at 5 per for a guy who averages less that 30 points a season!  LMFAAOAVOTF.  Hsbs’ Fans are funny. :lol:

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1