The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s a bad bet. 

He could be, no question.  He's definitely made some bad decisions, but he's still an impact player in a way Boeser will never be.  If it were straight or half of his salary retained, Id say no way.  But if they were willing to give the 1st, that's a pretty tempting deal.........it's be a risk, but could pay off huge

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

He could be, no question.  He's definitely made some bad decisions, but he's still an impact player in a way Boeser will never be.  If it were straight or half of his salary retained, Id say no way.  But if they were willing to give the 1st, that's a pretty tempting deal.........it's be a risk, but could pay off huge

You’re right. Boeser never impacted his significant other as much as Kane. 

That’s definitely the kind of guy our locker-room needs.

Win, or get a beating.  

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

Imo, if you can dangle Boeser for Kane and SJ 2022 first, you take a serious look at it.  I get its a massive risk in the dressing room, but that's the best Value you're going to get for Boes at this point.  I don't see anyway you're getting anything but a 4/5/6 damn for him, given his performance and salary.

Kane is a huge upgrade on the right side and provides a lot of what the team is missing

I like the idea, but isn't Kane a LW?

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’re right. Boeser never impacted his significant other as much as Kane. 

That’s definitely the kind of guy our locker-room needs.

Win, or get a beating.  

I think you think hockey players have a more strict moral code than they actually do.  Most of the worst people I've ever met are hockey players

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think you think hockey players have a more strict moral code than they actually do.  Most of the worst people I've ever met are hockey players

Stawns, I think you are right.

I played against a guy who played pro in Germany............he was a real pri....ck

His team mates defended him because he scored goals.....

Once he retired...........they all admitted that they  thought he was too, but they all liked winning

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

If gmjb can get kapanen for Boeser he needs to take it n run. 

Kapanen has pure skill, speed and a compete level this team needs.  

This guy: https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=162338?

I'd trade Boeser for Kasperi's dad in his prime: https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2628.

But not for Kasperi. Kasperi is maybe only slightly more valuable than Jannik Hansen. I love Hansen and how hard he worked and yes, that is what this team needs now but Boeser is a top 6 forward. On his worst season, he will still put up 20 goals and 40-50 points. Kapanen will put up 40 points in his absolute best season.

Almost every forward on this team is struggling. There's no need to sell low.

Just minor tweaks + coaching change should be the first move if not, change the GM and then let the new guy assess and then deal whoever.

I don't want JB making a big trade anymore with the way he's pissed away assets since 2020.

52 minutes ago, stawns said:

Imo, if you can dangle Boeser for Kane and SJ 2022 first, you take a serious look at it.  I get its a massive risk in the dressing room, but that's the best Value you're going to get for Boes at this point.  I don't see anyway you're getting anything but a 4/5/6 damn for him, given his performance and salary.

Kane is a huge upgrade on the right side and provides a lot of what the team is missing

I'd be concerned about the locker room. That room seems fragile right now - heck - all season. 

Just now, Nave said:

We are trying not to develop a losing culture. Trading Boeser for a cancer like Kane is not a good idea. 

Do we know he's a cancer in the dressing room?  Again, it's a risk, but the payoff could be exactly what this team needs

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd be concerned about the locker room. That room seems fragile right now - heck - all season. 

At this point, they're kind of playing with house money aren't they?  They're in a pretty good spot to gamble.

3 minutes ago, khay said:

This guy: https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=162338?

I'd trade Boeser for Kasperi's dad in his prime: https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2628.

But not for Kasperi. Kasperi is maybe only slightly more valuable than Jannik Hansen. I love Hansen and how hard he worked and yes, that is what this team needs now but Boeser is a top 6 forward. On his worst season, he will still put up 20 goals and 40-50 points. Kapanen will put up 40 points in his absolute best season.

Almost every forward on this team is struggling. There's no need to sell low.

Just minor tweaks + coaching change should be the first move if not, change the GM and then let the new guy assess and then deal whoever.

I don't want JB making a big trade anymore with the way he's pissed away assets since 2020.

2014. Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

At this point, they're kind of playing with house money aren't they?  They're in a pretty good spot to gamble.

I mean if they bring a cancer like Kane into the locker room, it could collapse the entire room. Which at that point, we'd be in for a full rebuild, or should be. But we all know ownership won't allow that to happen, because that would be admission that they &^@#ed up the previous "rebuild" 

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

really? it feels like hockey players are one of the nicest people in major sports. i know NBA players can be real dicks and jerks for sure. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do we know he's a cancer in the dressing room?  Again, it's a risk, but the payoff could be exactly what this team needs

Several members of the Sharks said they did not want him on their team. There have been no takers in a trade. They have put him on waivers for a reason.

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean if they bring a cancer like Kane into the locker room, it could collapse the entire room. Which at that point, we'd be in for a full rebuild, or should be. But we all know ownership won't allow that to happen, because that would be admission that they &^@#ed up the previous "rebuild" 

Think outside the box!

He can unite the ENTIRE locker room......................against him.:P

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Do we know he's a dressing room cancer?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

The hockey players you know aren’t NHL stars who have a duty for good conduct as players that teams can market to the general public. 

• Cheers 1