The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[poll] Who should be the Captain of the Vancouver Canucks?

Rate this topic

Me_

Who should be the Captain of the Vancouver Canucks?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Messier had a massive ego. He couldn't accept the fact he wasn't the Captain.

Linden just wanting what's best for the team gave it up. That should have been a red flag for Pat right there. 

A winner doesn’t give up.

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bo Horvat will be the captain of this team until he moves or retires.

The  losing could be getting to him. He was pretty vocal about not wanting to be a retool or rebuilding team.

He wants to compete and be on a consistent playoff team.

I could see him asking for a change of scenery if changes to be made to management and the roster are not executed.

• Cheers 2

I dont think Miller should be the captain either. Theres way too much rumors about Miller in the locker room. We probably don't have much atm in terms of good captain material anyways so horvat will keep it till he hits ufa and leave and prolly OEL will become the captain for the time being when horvat if and does leave or traded 

37 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

No , I don’t think Horvat  “ sucks.” I think Horvat could develop more under a different coach.

Develop?

How much more time is that going to take?

He was gifted ,.  As what someone said earlier , moulded into the position.

part of a “leadership” group..

that’s where all of this went wrong..

it’s millennials.

The 3 - 4 I see trying to  lead this team in Stan Smyl like fashion are 

Miller Garland OEL and while we’re at it throw Dickenson an A”.

I do not see Horvat,  Boeser, guiding any trail to the Holly Grail.

Every great Coach has had a Great Captain in front of him..  and those Captains lead by example, even trying to turn a game upside down to win.

This isn’t about Coaching..

This team is hitting posts and getting quality chances..

it’s the on ice execution, kill, and all or nothing attitude.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

The  losing could be getting to him. He was pretty vocal about not wanting to be a retool or rebuilding team.

He wants to compete and be on a consistent playoff team.

I could see him asking for a change of scenery if changes to be made to management and the roster are not executed.

Move him now for a great return +.

Miller will become Stan Smyl 3.0

.. he’s even giving Podz the right example to follow, where no one else is.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bo Horvat will be the captain of this team until he moves or retires.

Maybe.  Crazy things have happened.

Kevin McCarthy was a good captain and did nothing wrong, he just lost the C when Stan Smyl did a great job as acting captain in the playoffs.

Then Stan resigned the C himself once he got old and wasn't playing every night.

• Like 1

People think Horvat is as good of a captain as Linden or Smyl? Give your head a shake, those captains led our Canucks to the finals.  Horvat will go down as one of the most bland, boring & forgettable Canucks captains in team history. 

Edited by highwayman3
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, highwayman3 said:

People think Horvat is as good of a captain as Linden or Smyl? Give your head a shake, those captains led our Canucks to the finals.  Horvat will go down as one of the most bland, boring & forgettable Canucks in team history. 

Yikes I hope nobody is saying that but then again a lot of people tend to exaggerate the current moment and its importance.  Horvat really hasn't done anything other than the one playoff run to separate himself from Oddleifson.  He's not yet at Lever or Boudrias levels.  He's nowhere near Linden or Smyl.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Yikes I hope nobody is saying that but then again a lot of people tend to exaggerate the current moment and its importance.  Horvat really hasn't done anything other than the one playoff run to separate himself from Oddleifson.  He's not yet at Lever or Boudrias levels.  He's nowhere near Linden or Smyl.

Well said and great comparisons.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

ya, but is he better than Dan Quinn?

On 11/24/2021 at 10:43 AM, shiznak said:

How many current captains actually gets scrappy in game?

Toews

Bergeron

Josi

McDavid

Tavares

Kopitar

Hischier

Crosby

Couture

Giordano

O’Reilly

Stone

Barkov

Larkin

Spurgeon

None of these captains, I would consider scrappy players.

On 11/24/2021 at 1:34 PM, Shirotashi said:

We are in the midst of one of the worst seasons ever for the Canucks, Bo is under performing and is 

not a factor ALOT of nights face-offs not withstanding but yes lets continue with him as captain. 

Pray someone tell me WHY Horvat should remain our captain? What is he doing that makes him

the best choice for our captain? Its homerism at its worst its elevating a player OVER the team.

I can tell you why I think Miller is a better choice than Horvat tho but I want to hear the fan base 

articulate WHY Horvat is the best choice for captain anyone at all just tell me. Go ahead.

because he was here when we sucked

oh wait, we still suck