The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

I would love for them to bring in Babcock.. a bit of a hard ass with a proven track record is exactly what this team needs.  

Unfortunately, enough of our fanbase would have a fit and turn it into such a circus that it probably wouldn’t be worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SMH @ the people who want Babcock over Julien like WTF are you smoking?

SMH @ the people who want Bruce Boudreau at all the guy has never won 

a stanely cup and has had ALOT of tries at it. Might as well get AV back. 

This fanbase is so knee jerk reactive. Like Babcock over CJ???? WOW!

• Wat 4

14 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

when you have a team with such elite players like he did for all his achievements! almost any coach can have success like he did! doesnt prove hes the guy for the job behind a canucks bench! take maple leafs for instances! such a good team still couldn’t get the job done for the leafs. 

The Leafs haven’t been able to get it done since 1967. 

The last time they got it done, the Canucks were three years away from existing.

Babcock was two to three years from winning the Cup there. But the players didn’t like him. The media sunk him down.

Edited by Me_

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Players seem to like Green. Maybe that’s exactly what brings these players together. A coaching change. Maybe it’s a “oh damn we did this” Moment 

Agreed. Regardless we need to shake up and Travis will find work no problem. I just wish we could’ve cleaned house in the head office and started from scratch with a fully renewed vision moving forward. Regardless of what happens with coaching I still think this lineup might need a tweak to wake them up that way as well.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

SMH @ the people who want Babcock over Julien like WTF are you smoking?

SMH @ the people who want Bruce Boudreau at all the guy has never won 

a stanely cup and has had ALOT of tries at it. Might as well get AV back. 

This fanbase is so knee jerk reactive. Like Babcock over CJ???? WOW!

So a Benning / Julien reunion?

I’m not against it…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Vancouver haven’t got it done since 1915. as the millionaires lolol. thats a even longer Cup drought for this city! lolol

I would get a Stanley cup winning coach to coach the first Stanley Cup of a franchise for sure.

Babcock or Julien for me and the Canucks gain sudden pedigree.

They have the ability to shake the world of hockey when they get hired.

Edited by Me_
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Even with elite team, he never had an elite goaltender.   

doesn't mean anything really. fredrick anderson was pretty damn good. boudreau just cant get it done. id rather hire Roy, Blysma, Crawford, Nolan before bruce. honestly. 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

You can't just look at the list of available coaches, you also need to look at the players. 

Every team is different. I see the Canucks similar to Calgary before Sutter.

The Canucks need a hard ass coach to turn the country club into a boot camp atmosphere. The players should fear the repercussions for lazy play like Petey on the empty netter last night..what a garbage effort that was.

I think Bruce Boudreau is far and above the best choice. Winning a Stanley cup is not easy and lots of good players and coaches never win them or haven't yet. I think it's stupid to not want a coach cause he hasn't won a cup yet. 

Boudreau has a pretty good resume and has the perfect attitude for these panzy ass players. 

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

You can't just look at the list of available coaches, you also need to look at the players. 

The Canucks need a hard ass coach to turn the country club into a boot camp atmosphere. The players should fear the repercussions for lazy play like Petey on the empty better last night..what a garbage effort that was.

I think Bruce Boudreau is far and above the best choice. Winning a Stanley cup is not easy and lots of good players and coaches never win them or haven't yet. I think it's stupid to not want a coach cause he hasn't won a cup yet. 

Boudreau has a pretty good resume and has the perfect attitude for these panzy ass players. 

I agree. Besides we are so far from a Stanley Cup. We need someone who can help us work our way all the way up to respectable. After that we can worry about next steps. 
Nightmare scenario for me is reuniting JB and CJ. Shortcuts by ownership and not seeing the degree of changes needed. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

The Canucks need a hard ass coach to turn the country club into a boot camp atmosphere. The players should fear the repercussions for lazy play like Petey on the empty better last night..what a garbage effort that was.

we already tried that with Tortz remember! lolol Boudreau def not the answer! 

4 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

we already tried that with Tortz remember! lolol Boudreau def not the answer! 

You can't compare, there isn't a single player in the organization from that year.

Completely different teams so your argument is pointless 

This team is on the upswing and is young..

Torts year we were "old and stale" and Torts was right. Truth hurts. He big time messed up at the heritage classic game though. Unforgivable.

But I don't think anyone wants JT back here coaching, he burnt his bridge for the heritage classic.

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I agree. Besides we are so far from a Stanley Cup. We need someone who can help us work our way all the way up to respectable. After that we can worry about next steps. 
Nightmare scenario for me is reuniting JB and CJ. Shortcuts by ownership and not seeing the degree of changes needed. 

Sadly, shortcuts is FA's m-o

Jb and cj would be Keenan messier 2.0 lol

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

You can't compare, there isn't a single player in the organization from that year.

Completely different teams so your argument is pointless 

how many cups does Boudreau have?!?  how many conference titles have he won?!? i rest my case lolol good season doesnt cut it in the playoffs. his track record for playoffs not very good considering...

Edited by KnuckleHead16

3 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

how many cups does Boudreau have?!?  how many conference titles have he won?!? i rest my case lolol good season doesnt cut it in the playoffs. his track record for playoffs not very good considering...

Yeah but we need to get there first. Aqua man isnt going to pony up $$ to pay for a 5mil+ coach and pay Green on the side.  

12 minutes ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but right now we are nowhere close to even challenging for a wild card spot.

Babcock won 1 cup with an insanely stacked Redwings team.

Reuniting Julien with Benning is a stupid idea imo.

There is no clear cut candidate head and shoulders above the rest imo

• Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Yeah but we need to get there first. Aqua man isnt going to pony up $$ to pay for a 5mil+ coach and pay Green on the side.  

who said anything bout babcock or green? lolol they’re lots that needs to be done with this team. a new coach could be a start. something gotta get done. this is getting ugly real fast. and as for aquaman hes gotta stay away from the business side of things and not get involved with his hired management. let them do their jobs. id hire new gm and a new coach! personally. 

Edited by KnuckleHead16