The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

Naw im a larping armchair fan, im not convinced of anything haha. Its just what I think. But yeah you might be right - new coach comes in, Canucks tank just as badly, GM gets fired, whole process has to start again. 

If Maurice or AV comes available, I'd absolutely take one of those two guys over Boudreau or Julien. 

Might as well take Guy Boucher now then. Similar styles. They both a French and coached in the Q.

13 minutes ago, justathought said:

Maybe just ask Brock and Petey and a couple of others who they want as a coach. Maybe they'd actually get there act together and stop mailing it in?

Get rid of Green and Benning, when the team starts playing really well, trade the non-team players for big returns ant year end.

Good couple of drafts coming up.

I don't believe that they are "mailing it in". They just cant get their game right and cant get momentum. Green is not a hard ass prick coach. If I was on the team, I'd play my ass off to try and avoid someone like Babcock.

Yeah, I thought it was weird seeing Drance saying so many of his NHL contacts believe Green is a good coach and would get another opportunity before long. I don’t see what about his resume inspires so much confidence.

Its just how the patronage network works. Green rode the same wave that Dallas Eakins did. But if i recall, he had a winning record in the minors.

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

4 hours ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Wow lol 

how about bearcheese and goldy? Where they at ? 
gagne has even gone to be better

The Baertschi point always fails for me cause if not for concussions he was everything we want Hoglander to become. Solid 35- 40 point guy. He never hit 40+ but his pace was usually for 35-40+. I stand by Baertschi being a good player, just unhealthy.

7 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

It is Benning that should go

Let the new GM pick his own Coach

I'd like to see an interim coach (Brad Shaw) for the rest of the year with Benning not allowed to make any big moves (trades, new acquisitions). As soon as the season ends, Install a new GM and let him go after his coach. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Who gives a crap who boeser wants as coach?  Its not up to them.

Boeser was awful last night.... 0 hits 0 blocks only 2 shots and minus 2 on the night.... he's a floater, slow but used to have a good wrist shot. He doesn't back check and is not strong on the boards. Phew... what to do?

1 minute ago, longsuffering said:

Boeser was awful last night.... 0 hits 0 blocks only 2 shots and minus 2 on the night.... he's a floater, slow but used to have a good wrist shot. He doesn't back check and is not strong on the boards. Phew... what to do?

What a lazy guy.  Maybe an actual NHL coach could get better defensive performance out of him, because he's clearly willing to put in the effort.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What a lazy guy.  Maybe an actual NHL coach could get better defensive performance out of him, because he's clearly willing to put in the effort.

Classy moves in this video. I like the angle of the stretch and the “aire d’allée” in his strides. That is the leg of a proven winner right there.

10 out of 10 for performance, effort and grace.

A complete performance by the player. 

Bravo!

Edited by Me_
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I can’t see hiring a coach before a GM any new GM will want his own coach in there.

Friedman said on HNIC that there is no rush to do anything permanent until they are sure they will have the right people in place.

IMO this tends to align with your thinking in that if Green goes there would be an interim coach to carry them through the season.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Benning re-signed Hamonic. That was a mistake, guy can't even cross the border. Burroughs has been a nice surprise. 

Pettersson and Boeser have both been disappointing.  Canucks could probably get a lot for them. Like, rebuild that defense and add a #3C

Build the team around:

Horvat

Miller

Garland

Podkolzin

Hoglander

Motte

Hughes

OEL

Myers

Burroughs

Demko

Boeser and pettersson have been terrible but we can get a lot for them? That's contradicting no? Who's lined up to give you lots for players you describe that are trash and not team players? 

34 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

For the sake of discussion here’s the Canucks leaked coaches list; 

1) Roy

2) Boudreau

3) Babcock

4) Quinn

5) Julien

6) Bylsma

7) Shaw

8) Sturm

9) Montgomery

10) Tortorella