The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wait what?  DEMKO??!  Geez... how low are we gonna go...

EDIT:  Ok, I haven't listened to it, but the way that is written sounds like Demko is on the trade block too lol

:lol: This is wild. I wondered if they would go there, and maybe they will. I hope not, though, because he's the only real goalie they have.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I've a strong suspicion that with how accountable and demanding Tocchet is on the defensive end of things.  As the points dry up and the grind gets harder Kuzmenko may second guess staying in Vancouver.

I fear the same for Pettersson 

I'm more worried about JT's offense drying up as his ice time is decreased and he is forced not to cheat. 8 mil x 7 years for a 60 point player with additude issues will be even more impossible to get rid of.

17 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Why would we want him? Roughly the same age as Horvat with significantly more injury history.

Well RD with size, hopefully complimentary with Hughes. So I get the desire. But I think Boston needs him for the same reasons as we would want him.

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Well RD with size, hopefully complimentary with Hughes. So I get the desire. But I think Boston needs him for the same reasons as we would want him.

Bo and Schenn as rentals could work for their playoff push. 

Bo and Schenn for Carlo, Lysell, 1st, and 2nd? I feel like this isn't enough, but as rentals, maybe it is? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Bo and Schenn as rentals could work for their playoff push. 

Bo and Schenn for Carlo, Lysell, 1st, and 2nd? I feel like this isn't enough, but as rentals, maybe it is? 

Carlos 5 concussions make him a risky piece in a trade

Not sure if Vegas is in the mix for Horvat, or any other Canucks players, but Korczak looks like a good trade target.

https://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/27991/Kaedan_Korczak

also,wouldn’t mind Cal Foote from Tampa. Maybe now that his Dad is coaching here, we may have a better chance.  

they’re both in their early to mid twenties, aren’t so highly touted that they’re ‘untouchable’, and could compliment Hughes or OEL

14 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

also,wouldn’t mind Cal Foote from Tampa. Maybe now that his Dad is coaching here, we may have a better chance.  

I feel like that may have shut the door on him. Weird dynamic for the dressing room that's for sure.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A Demko trade being a possibility certainly makes you question what timeline they're looking at. 

He's better than he's been this season, I think most folks know that. He's got three seasons left on his deal and he'll be 31 when it's up? Maybe they don't think they'll be competitive the way they'd like in three years and that they won't be able to retain him? Maybe he's requested a trade? 

I think it'll be a longer process than people are expecting, a Demko trade would make sense for a team like Buffalo who could use some stability between the pipes even if that's working in tandem with Luukkonen. A team like Carolina could make sense too, they don't have a tender signed beyond this season. Andersen will be 34 in October while Raanta will be 34 in May. Gotta think Thatcher would thrive in Carolina's system. Demko's also cost controlled at 5M which could appeal to a team with players due for raises in Carolina. 

Edited by Coconuts