The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

44 minutes ago, Doxm said:

I saw Sprong/Fleury/1st from Seattle rumored the other day. I believe people are going to be disappointed in the return. 

i heard something similar with Eberle in the mix and a first.  Im not holding my hopes too high.

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

A Demko trade being a possibility certainly makes you question what timeline they're looking at. 

He's better than he's been this season, I think most folks know that. He's got three seasons left on his deal and he'll be 31 when it's up? Maybe they don't think they'll be competitive the way they'd like in three years and that they won't be able to retain him? Maybe he's requested a trade? 

I think it'll be a longer process than people are expecting, a Demko trade would make sense for a team like Buffalo who could use some stability between the pipes even if that's working in tandem with Luukkonen. A team like Carolina could make sense too, they don't have a tender signed beyond this season. Andersen will be 34 in October while Raanta will be 34 in May. Gotta think Thatcher would thrive in Carolina's system. Demko's also cost controlled at 5M which could appeal to a team with players due for raises in Carolina. 

The tweet is poorly formulated.  Was an update on Demko's health - not about him being on the trade block. 

Carolina has Kochetkov who they just extended.  He was their starter when Andersen was injured.  With Andersen returning, he was sent back to the AHL because they don't want to carry 3 goalies and he's waiver free, but he might well be their starter next season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Doxm said:

I saw Sprong/Fleury/1st from Seattle rumored the other day. I believe people are going to be disappointed in the return. 

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

i heard something similar with Eberle in the mix and a first.  Im not holding my hopes too high.

Seattle is not in on Horvat anymore per Friedman in his 32 Thoughts podcast du jour.  Says he's had some people telling him that they were never really seriously in.  Things can change but right now Seattle is apparently not among the interested teams.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mll said:

Seattle is not in on Horvat anymore per Friedman in his 32 Thoughts podcast du jour.  Says he's had some people telling him that they were never really seriously in.  Things can change but right now Seattle is apparently not among the interested teams.  

I'm sure there were 20 teams calling to poke around and see if they could get him for scraps. Can't blame them for trying

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

I'm sure there were 20 teams calling to poke around and see if they could get him for scraps. Can't blame them for trying

Tough to think of a better rental in recent years with salary retention and an expiring contract most teams can be in the mix and the combination of face off ability and goal scoring should drive premium assets coming back.

4 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Tough to think of a better rental in recent years with salary retention and an expiring contract most teams can be in the mix and the combination of face off ability and goal scoring should drive premium assets coming back.

Someone will pony up, this is just where the weak ones drop out.

• Upvote 1

This is what Giroux brought last year, think Horvat could bring more based on his ability to win faceoffs.

MARCH 19: Florida Panthers acquire forwards Claude Giroux, Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov, and a fifth-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Owen Tippett, a first-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft or 2025 NHL Draft, and a third-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft. | Giroux traded to Panthers by Flyers for Tippett, first-round pick

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

I feel like that may have shut the door on him. Weird dynamic for the dressing room that's for sure.

Yeah I thought about that, and saw he coached his other son, who was the captain of the Kelowna Rockets. Hard to say

18 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

This is what Giroux brought last year, think Horvat could bring more based on his ability to win faceoffs.

MARCH 19: Florida Panthers acquire forwards Claude Giroux, Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov, and a fifth-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for forward Owen Tippett, a first-round pick in the 2024 NHL Draft or 2025 NHL Draft, and a third-round pick in the 2023 NHL Draft. | Giroux traded to Panthers by Flyers for Tippett, first-round pick

You get more longevity from a Horvat too if you can retain him, Giroux was 34 

1 hour ago, Doxm said:

And that's why they are out. New York could have offered vesey, halak and a 3rd. That doesn't have anything yo do with his value.

So Friedman says the price for Horvat is is 3 players including a top prospect. Hard to see a contending team sending two useful players, but that’s probably where JR’s ‘twenty-something, who didn’t perform well in their ELC’ fits in. And the third player is the serviceable nhler, or contract coming back?

I hope we consider a late first as well

22 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Giroux is 8 years older

Declining production 

Had 18 goals

Cap hit was $8.27M

Sure hope Horvat is worth more than that return.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, billabong said:

As per the 3 player mold for horvat

to bos: horvat, schenn

to van: debrusk, Carlo, lysell

2 wingers and a top 4 dman with a concerning injury history :unsure:

I just hope we take the return with the single best player/prospect vs quantity. JRPA will likely want Tocchet’s input, so think this we’ll see this pick up in 2-3 weeks