The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

I like Bo as our captain alit.Think he is better then a fan favorite that got frustrated in interviews.Bo learned from the twins and is still learning as that is what it takes to be a great captain.Sayong this I want him to sign but like others If it does not happen you must move on.To trade him before season stars will be tricky as we might have to retain salary or take a bad contract back.Either way will not be good unless TDL comes but like many have said that is to risky.No good answer here unless he resigns or we get an offer we can't say no to.

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

If true, that is Posturing 101, and JR/PA have ice in their veins....or maybe it's Emilie behind this? And again, IF this is true, does that look like good faith bargaining, with someone whom they purportedly want to keep here?

Simply a starting point like with any negotiations.

If it’s an 8 year offer, 5.9 million AAV is 47 million. That’s not exactly chump change. It’s only 9 mil less than Miller got.

I think the real number they have in mind is 6.5 mil. That’s 52 million or 4 million less than Miller. That’s more than fair for both sides.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If it’s an 8 year offer, 5.9 million AAV is 47 million. That’s not exactly chump change. It’s only 9 mil less than Miller got.

I think the real number they have in mind is 6.5 mil. That’s 52 million or 4 million less than Miller. That’s more than fair for both sides.

I'm all over this. No issue with term as long as the dollar is like this. Still big money and 9 years of security for him and his family 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

While that may be fair, I just can't see the BH camp settling for less AAV than BB6, and they're probably looking for JTM total money, possibly more.

• Like 1

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

While that may be fair, I just can't see the BH camp settling for less AAV than BB6, and they're probably looking for JTM total money, possibly more.

Boeser’s contract has nothing to do with Bo’s. if he’s signing an 8 year deal that’s likely going to include a couple of gimme years where he doesn’t perform up to the contract.

Boesers contract is buying three of his prime years, plus they were also tied to his qualifying offer.

Nothing in Horvats’s stats say he’s worth Miller money. He doesn’t have the stats to back that up. If it’s an 8 year offer it should be in the 6’s.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, IBatch said:

There is nothing wrong with some internal competition, even as leadership goes.   And as far as the late push goes, it was Horvat scoring the majority of the goals, even more then EP.   Actually went on a torrid scoring clip down the stretch, exactly what you hope for from your Captain.    I'm not sure Horvat was the right choice, feel if Sutter wasn't always in the infirmary, that they might have given it to him instead.   Horvat just was the only guy at the time to give it too.   I believe Horvat will sign an extension, and that all this will go away.   Can't see their camps been too far off.   

Horvat's last year of play, was 6.5 million worth according to the experts that figure this stuff out.   He's played a little more then his contract value over his RFA years.    That will end up getting paid back and some over the duration of his next deal,  exactly how it's supposed too for guys entering their UFA years.   6.5-7 x 8 years.    We should get full value for maybe half of that deal, after that it will fade.    Horvats game is also well suited for later in his career.     

Miller ... well sure he'd make a great Captain too.   But don't see any logical reason to strip the C from Horvat, just because Miller has been the best forward on this team since he arrived.   For sure deserves the A.   

Id be awfully worried, if going into next season we trade Horvat for futures and run with Miller and EP as our top two centers.    Only thing that makes some sense, is if we get a young RHD that could play with QHs long term.   But it's going to hurt.    Horvat is an important part of this core. 

Can't disagree with anything you wrote.  And to be sure, I want Bo on this team.  I like Bo on this team.  His contributions are important and he's a Canuck-type player (community, stand-up guy, etc).  Bo's not a terrible captain either.  I'm not suggesting Miller gets more points and he should therefore be the captain......why I'd prefer Miller as captain is because I want him talking to the refs and the team with some raw emotion vs Bo's "it's all good" demeanour.  No right or wrong here, just a preference.  Regardless, Miller will do what Miller will do and that may look like him as captain while Bo sits back with the C at times.  A bit strange but if it's leadership by committee, it's all good (as Bo may say?!!!).

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, cripplereh said:

To me we do not see the dressing room and Bo has shown so far he is a good captain.Speakimg of going to war last playoff Bo did show his leadership.Bo is the captain and has earned it so nobody else will take that away unless Bo decides to give it to another player or gets traded, or retires.

Truthfully, he earned it by showing up at a time where there was a void.  But he did step up and want to lead the team.  Agree that nobody will take it away unless he steps away......for the benefit or detriment of the team.  I'd just love to see him skate freely without the C and for Miller to have a chance with the C, that's all.

20 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

if they opened with 5mil that's a straight slap to the face.. and they just signed boeser to 6.65x3? horvat's prime year is worth way less than a Boeser coming off a poor season lol.. if JR/PA starts with 5 i'm sure pat morris will start at 8.

Lower term higher AAV, longer term lower AAV.

8 years is what gets the number down into the 6’s. If it was a 3 year it would be in the 8’s.

Just now, DeNiro said:

8 years is what gets the number down into the 6’s. If it was a 3 year it would be in the 8’s.

Ya that’s not going to fly.. it’s like offering him 6.5 for his prime years 28-32 and then sub 5 for the final 3 years? Still well below boeser and market however way you spin it. So he’s barely worth more than garland and mikahyev and worth less than boeser

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

One can dream, but that ain't happening, not at this stage of the game. Maybe if it's in the high 6's, with all of the juicy protections, signing bonuses and other add-ons that players covet...but not likely. 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ya that’s not going to fly.. it’s like offering him 6.5 for his prime years 28-32 and then sub 5 for the final 3 years? Still well below boeser and market however way you spin it. So he’s barely worth more than garland and mikahyev and worth less than boeser

Boeser is not worth what he got. They had no choice because his qualifying offer. Doubtful his contract will even be mentioned in negotiations.

And your math is a little off. It’s essentially him getting 7 million for the first 5 years (35 mil) and 5.66 mil for the last 3 years (17 mil). That’s more than fair to be making 6 mil still at age 33.

6 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

One can dream, but that ain't happening, not at this stage of the game. Maybe if it's in the high 6's, with all of the juicy protections, signing bonuses and other add-ons that players covet...but not likely. 

6.5 is the number and it will have trade clauses for most of it just like Millers.

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser is not worth what he got. They had no choice because his qualifying offer. Doubtful his contract will even be mentioned in negotiations.

And your math is a little off. It’s essentially him getting 7 million for the first 5 years (35 mil) and 5.66 mil for the last 3 years (17 mil). That’s more than fair to be making 6 mil still at age 33.

if they offered him 5 max is 5.9 5.9x8 is 47.2 so no he's not making over 6 and well below every single comparables and no RNH is not a comparable

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

6.5 is the number and it will have trade clauses for most of it just like Millers.

Wow. Not a chance he takes only a ONE million per year raise, over the next EIGHT years. Do you really believe that's the potential retirement contract he's looking/holding out for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1