The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think Hamonic gone all year has been an underrated reason to our poor season so far. Without him, it's forced guys like Rathbone, Hunt, and Burroughs to step in and play beyond their abilities. Hamonic is tough, sticks up for his teammates, plays PK, and is overall a very serviceable #4 rhd. I'm betting he'll make a big difference for the rest of the season.

I agree, I think he'll bring a lot of balance to the back end. Really sucks how many games we threw away.

Personally i'm glad Hamonic re-signed with us, and that he's ready to go.   Felt in the off season we were going to be in real trouble if he didn't and with Edler walking .... having another serviceable get back there for sure will help both the PK and keeping the minutes stable for the rest of them. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hmm didn’t think about that possibility.

Does seem kind of odd they wouldn’t want Hamonic as a possibilty tomorrow.

Clague replaces Burroughs on the left hand side. Schenn stays with Hughes. Hamonic gets a couple games before he comes back up or it’s just a paper move to make the claim. 
Speculation  but it makes sense 

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Clague replaces Burroughs on the left hand side. Schenn stays with Hughes. Hamonic gets a couple games before he comes back up or it’s just a paper move to make the claim. 

Gotta wonder why a rebuilding team like the Kings would dump him.

Hard to believe he gives us a better chance to win than Burroughs.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta wonder why a rebuilding team like the Kings would dump him.

Hard to believe he gives us a better chance to win than Burroughs.

It’s early but they are in the race who knows maybe they want their best guys and Clague didn’t make the cut. I wouldn’t be “pumped” per say with the claim but we do need a lefty and a change could be good for him 

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s early but they are in the race who knows maybe they want their best guys and Clague didn’t make the cut. I wouldn’t be “pumped” per say with the claim but we do need a lefty and a change could be good for him 

Only positive for me is it would somewhat replace what we lost in Juolevi. High profile prospect from the 2016 draft.

That being said at this stage he’s probably just as much of a project as Juolevi.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Only positive for me is it would somewhat replace what we lost in Juolevi. High profile prospect from the 2016 draft.

That being said at this stage he’s probably just as much of a project as Juolevi.

The big question is does he like playing Fortnite?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Similar for sure 

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Okay, I was thoroughly confused as to why, at 4:30 or so on a Friday, Hamonic is sent to Abby. They aren't playing tonight but are playing Saturday. So are the NHL Canucks. But I dug in to the AHL website and found out that Hamonic did not dress on November 27th, November 30th or December 2nd. Ergo, I don't think he has played at all since being sent down. Begs the question: Did he even report? Did he even practice? What has he been doing, and how can he expect to walk into the lineup not having played or practiced in a couple of weeks?

So we send him back to Abbotsford for playing time, but he’s not reporting or playing there?  The whole Hamonic saga is tiring.  Is he vaccinated or not?  Will he report to Abbotsford or not?  He did play one game there, didn’t he?  

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So we send him back to Abbotsford for playing time, but he’s not reporting or playing there?  The whole Hamonic saga is tiring.  Is he vaccinated or not?  Will he report to Abbotsford or not?  He did play one game there, didn’t he?  

I’m thinking that maybe the Canucks have kind of soured on him after he told them he’d be ready and then wasn’t.

Perhaps a trade in the works? He’s only got an 8 team no trade list so I’m sure they could find a team willing to trade for him.

The emergence of Burroughs and the recent play of Schenn has made him somewhat expendable.

Edited by DeNiro

35 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Burroughs has been one of our better defensemen. I think this team would be in an even worse place with out Burr 2.0.  Besides, isn't Burroughs a right hand shot, and Claque a lefty?

I agree that it may be that its Hamonic that is on the block. If its STILL a vaccine issue with Hamonic not playing with the baby Canucks. I just assumed he has been. Sad if he was suckered into the fake news anti-vax cult, but if he was and still is, then see ya later.  I'm tired of it all too. Trouble is, who would take him if he's still unvaxed?