The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte, do we really need him??

Rate this topic

86Viking

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta wonder if the offers from contenders are only a mil if he would consider coming back to the Canucks.

Come back to where he really made a name for himself and try and finish what he started with his teammates.

Would this management group want Motte back?  I don’t think they would, even at a mil. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would this management group want Motte back?  I don’t think they would, even at a mil. 

not since getting Lazar and Joshua, I wouldn't think. I can see us trying to pick up one more cheap d tho. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

not since getting Lazar and Joshua, I wouldn't think. I can see us trying to pick up one more cheap d tho. 

I don’t think they wanna take any chances that our pk flounders again.

Motte is an elite pker that would be well worth to the value at a mil.

Edited by DeNiro

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think they wanna take any chances that our pk flounders again.

Motte is an elite pker that would be well worth to the value at a mil.

I agree, but who goes then? if we're bringing up Joshua, that means Dowling has to go to Abby (which is fine). But then we'd have to waive Dickie to fit Motte in. Also fine, but not sure we do that given Motte doesn't take face-offs. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

I agree, but who goes then? if we're bringing up Joshua, that means Dowling has to go to Abby (which is fine). But then we'd have to waive Dickie to fit Motte in. Also fine, but not sure we do that given Motte doesn't take face-offs. 

Dickinson couldn’t even play center last season so I doubt they’re worried about that.

Garland Pettersson Podkolzin

Kuzmenko Miller Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Mikayev

Motte Lazar Pearson

Joshua

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

Canucks won't bring back Motte... PK. forwards now1. Mikheyev, 2 Lazar - Miller--Podkolzin. -- Kuzmenko -Horvat 

4th line This year -- Pearson - Lazar -- Dickinson -( Joshua 6'2 gritty, decent speed -)- Lockwood

already 5 guys..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Dickinson couldn’t even play center last season so I doubt they’re worried about that.

Kuzmenko Miller Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Mikayev

Motte Lazar Pearson

Joshua

Dickinson has a contract though.  We can waive him and send him to the minors, I guess.  But is that a good move?  

I don’t think Motte is really going to be a difference maker, so no point in messing up what already is here.

I do like your lines though.  Just put Dickinson in Motte’s spot.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Dickinson has a contract though.  We can waive him and send him to the minors, I guess.  But is that a good move?  

I don’t think Motte is really going to be a difference maker, so no point in messing up what already is here.

I do like your lines though.  Just put Dickinson in Motte’s spot.  

I agree Motte would not make a difference..Need to focus on a RD man ..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Canucks won't bring back Motte... PK. forwards now1. Mikheyev, 2 Lazar - Miller--Podkolzin. -- Kuzmenko -Horvat 

4th line This year -- Pearson - Lazar -- Dickinson -( Joshua 6'2 gritty, decent speed -)- Lockwood

already 5 guys..

Kuzmenko doesn’t kill penalties.

Petey can if they wanna go that route again. Or they can hope Dickinson can regain his form.

For 1 mil I take Motte over Lockwood any day of the week.

Joshua has also not proven to be a regular in the lineup yet.

Edited by DeNiro

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Kuzmenko Miller Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Mikayev

Motte Lazar Pearson

Joshua

that 4th line is pretty stacked. Man I like the options from night to night with this group. No true "stars" in the McBaby or MacKinnon sense, but just strong all over. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Kuzmenko doesn’t kill penalties.

Petey can if they wanna go that root again. Or they can hope Dickinson can regain his form.

For 1 mil I take Motte over Lockwood any day of the week.

Joshua has also not proven to be a regular in the lineup yet.

Who says Lockwood is playing? Depth guy..Joshua will be playing adds enough speed and grit that was missing from lineup...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

already 5 guys..

yeah its too bad for him, it did sound like a reasonable deal was on the table for him from us. Sucks when a good guy fumbles an extension like this. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, wildcam said:

Who says Lockwood is playing? Depth guy..Joshua will be playing adds enough speed and grit that was missing from lineup...

You listed Lockwood as an extra. I don’t see him making the team personally.

Joshua is a relative unknown. We can’t assume he’s going to be a regular fourth liner. He’ll most likely be in and out of the lineup.

Just now, wildcam said:

PK will be okay with key guys being Mikheyev and Lazar ... Fine without Motte

Except having Motte would mean we don’t need to wear other forwards down.

Keeping fresh wingers to focus on offense is important.

Thats only two guys. You need at least 6 pkers.

Just now, DeNiro said:

You listed Lockwood as an extra. I don’t see him making the team personally.

Joshua is a relative unknown. We can’t assume he’s going to be a regular fourth liner. He’ll most likely be in and out of the lineup.

Well Canucks want speed and Lockwood has it younger version of Motte..I agree Lockwood will be #14 

10- Pearson - 11 Lazar- 12 Dickinson 13. Joshua --14. Lockwood 

• Like 1