The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte, do we really need him??

Rate this topic

86Viking

On 3/6/2022 at 9:02 AM, wildcam said:

I agree we need cap space and don't you think Motte will want same contract as Dickinson?? 

Motte 3 X 2.5 million ---- Have to start getting returns of UFA and not letting them walk example recent Markstrom and Tanev...

Lockwood next season $842,000 will b fine on the 4th line..Lots off speed and gritty...

Remember we need cap space..

Yeah, time to stop the bleeding: of letting our FA's walk for nothing.  Would hate to see him go cause that 4th line would really look good, if kept intact for a few more years.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, time to stop the bleeding: of letting our FA's walk for nothing.  Would hate to see him go cause that 4th line would really look good, if kept intact for a few more years.  

Yeah I agree hate to see Motte go with speed but that's why new management team need to find more gems...Remember when we trade for Motte..He was the surprise player at following training camp..He never looks back..Now we need asset back for Motte 27...

Lockwood 23, 5'11should fill the spot with his speed next season..

• Vintage 1

On 3/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, wildcam said:

We have to remember Lammikko 26, 6'2, 200lbs with speed is so important for Canucks cap next season? He is currently under contract at 750,000 RFA this summer..I could see Canucks signing him for like 2 yrs X 1.1 million.. These are the type off deals we must sigh for cap space along with Highmore..

Also sign Highmore this summer.. Highmore 26, 5'11 speed  2 yrs X 1.1 million... Both Lammikko 26 and Highmore can play up in the line up if needed..

Very valuable players in cap world...Need valuable players making less then 1.5 million...Alos level entry contracts are valuable...

Lockwood 23, 5'11 with fill 4th line next season and he has speed....

8 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yeah I agree hate to see Motte go with speed but that's why new management team need to find more gems...Remember when we trade for Motte..He was the surprise player at following training camp..He never looks back..Now we need asset back for Motte 27...

Lockwood 23, 5'11should fill the spot with his speed next season..

Ditto: Motte is perhaps at his highest trade value, right now and his playing style doesn't age well.  I agree, as well, that it is time to give Lockwood a shot and I would also, like to see Juulsen get a legit shot before his FA.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto: Motte is perhaps at his highest trade value, right now and his playing style doesn't age well.  I agree, as well, that it is time to give Lockwood a shot and I would also, like to see Juulsen get a legit shot before his FA.

I say we might get a 2nd or 3rd rounder and young prospect under 23 for Motte...I like Juulsen 6'2, 205lbs,  23, RD  He missed lots of games over past 2 yrs..

I think he will be surprise D man and take #6 spot next season...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wildcam said:

I say we might get a 2nd or 3rd rounder and young prospect under 23 for Motte...I like Juulsen 6'2, 205lbs,  23, RD  He missed lots of games over past 2 yrs..

I think he will be surprise D man and take #6 spot next season...

Yeah, would prefer he gets a shot but the playoff chase, will mean Hunt gets the minutes and it is very understandable: veteran vs unproven.  Anyways, I am not sold on Marino and the Schmidt debacle proves there is no guarantee an acquired player, will play well in the Canucks roster.  

15 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

You will be missed Motte, maybe the team can clear some space and make you an offer this summer...unlikely though

We have cap space to sign him. It's about him willing to sign for what he's worth, as we can no longer overpay 4th line players. 

• 3 months later...

Motte carried the 4th line, hope he cashes in but doesn't play in our division. Doubtful but maybe we circle back to Motte if he is available a couple days into free agency?

Hate seeing Dickinson and Pearson here and Not Motte, Motte was a great PKer and was missed after he got dealt.

Oh well, many other CDC fans had their Burrows love and mega long thread, this is my Motte thread with just me basically haha!

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

I'd bring him in at 1x1.5.  I don't think PA will go much higher for a 4th liner, as good as he may be.  We have to make a bunch of moves before we get to tt point though, hopefully Mott elands something better out east in the mean time.