The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Interesting, you think maybe Boudreau will expect more leadership from Bo? 

D depth (from best to least best):

OEL

Hughes

Hamonic

Myers

Schenn

Burroughs

Rathbone

Poolman should not be in the lineup.

Think about it would you prefer Stecher to Poolman ?

26 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Interesting, you think maybe Boudreau will expect more leadership from Bo? 

D depth (from best to least best):

OEL

Hughes

Hamonic

Myers

Schenn

Burroughs

Rathbone

Poolman should not be in the lineup.

Rathbone needs to be called back up and play on the bottom Pairing. Yes, he made some mistakes, but he was overall fun to watch and moves the puck well. Schenn or Burroughs can sub in in games they want more D.

Unfortunately with antivax Hamonics shenanigan's, Poolman was forced to play top/2nd pairing minutes for > a month. He is not that guy, and you could see his play drop off accordingly. Now that Hamonic can actually travel, let's see:

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Poolman

Schenn/Burroughs-Schenn

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Agreed. His PP prowess leaves a lot to be desired. He'll probably be canned soon enough 

My guess....Shaw takes over for Baum & PK; Boudreau gets heavily involved in PP. Kings days are numbered....Bruce probably just didn't ahve a guy 100% in mind for that role

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Rathbone needs to be called back up and play on the bottom Pairing. Yes, he made some mistakes, but he was overall fun to watch and moves the puck well. Schenn or Burroughs can sub in in games they want more D.

Unfortunately with antivax Hamonics shenanigan's, Poolman was forced to play top/2nd pairing minutes for > a month. He is not that guy, and you could see his play drop off accordingly. Now that Hamonic can actually travel, let's see:

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Rathbone-Poolman

Schenn/Burroughs-Schenn

Rathbone and Lockwood are both progressing in the A. Do you really want to mess with that ?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Rathbone and Lockwood are both progressing in the A. Do you really want to mess with that ?

Yes; if he sees NHL minutes vs the press box. IF Rathbone wasn't ready, we should have kept Joulevi. He beat him out in camp was my take

Edited by BC_Hawk

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I have this weird feeling he is going to smoke someone with a big hit.

Don't know why. I liked Eddy and all, just a feeling. 

Your probably right. He has a snarly side and he's solid. But he doesn't fight so there's that. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I would guess that he was probably "hired" a few days ago and was given some time to really put together a plan for the team, so that he could hit the ground running. 

I'm assuming that they would have had a practice yesterday, likely with him running it.

rumour has it the Canucks got wind of the AV firing and jumped at Boudreau before he signed in Philla

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Got it; and would cultivate be acceptable ?

Semantics.
I'm just tired of hearing it and tired of seeing it.
How many thousands of times did Green use that term when talking about this team?
This is THE NHL. You don't "----d word---" players at this level. It's the highest level of hockey in the world. If you've gotten here, all you need is tweaking and making adjustments where needed.
We have a team just an hour down the road that's dedicated to "-----d word----"
Keep the guys that are ready and capable of winning, send everyone else not ready - down.
Just my 2 bits.