The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report). Reported Salary Cap Rise from Bettman 2021-2022

Rate this topic

SilentSam

• SilentSam changed the title to (Report). Reported Salary Cap Rise from Bettman 2021-2022
20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The new CBA had a 1 mil rise in cap each of the years as part of it, didn’t it?  The escrow is going to be huge for a few seasons more though.  Take away the escrow, and the true cap is more like 65 mil.  

Heja Alf,

I would like to hear a tape of the conversations Hughes, Brady, Petey, the parents, the agents, and the Canucks had in the last weeks before signing.

"I'm only gonna end up with what?"

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The new CBA had a 1 mil rise in cap each of the years as part of it, didn’t it?  The escrow is going to be huge for a few seasons more though.  Take away the escrow, and the true cap is more like 65 mil.  

You’re right as that Aaron 5551 guy is on Twitter 

24 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Only 1 million as league had big bills during covid .. Won't see big raise to caps for 3-4 years...Owners, league and players union had to make deal last year with no fans...

Thought they were supposed to be signing a big network deal?

32 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Only 1 million as league had big bills during covid .. Won't see big raise to caps for 3-4 years...Owners, league and players union had to make deal last year with no fans...

They just said on the panel there should be a serious bump to the cap after the 23-24 season. That’s when the players will have paid off what they owe the owners.

They mentioned that it works in Vancouvers favour as that’s when Peteys bridge contract is up.

3 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Heja Alf,

I would like to hear a tape of the conversations Hughes, Brady, Petey, the parents, the agents, and the Canucks had in the last weeks before signing.

"I'm only gonna end up with what?"

Escrow is not a bad thing.  You either have that, or when league revenues fall short of expectations the players have to write a big fat cheque back to their bosses for getting overpaid.  

That's the risk you take when you negotiate your salary based on a split of revenues, can't have it both ways unfortunately.

• Thanks 1