Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Dec. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Less likley-yes

a lot less likley- no

our Delta numbers are over 1,400 for yesterday alone

And will become less and less as omicron continues to become the dominant variant.

Also those numbers are a drop in the bucket compared to omicron. So I would say that’s a lot less likely still.

Edited by DeNiro

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not true. My friend and his wife picked me up from hospital after surgery couple weeks so. 

Two days later the entire family was sick. All double vaxed. Kids are young adults. Everyone was hurting bad for over a week. 

Bad body aches very sore throat fever and flegm filled lungs and cough.. all of them.. 

Same thing happened with my other friend his wife and 14 hear old kid.. 

Another group of friends got sick after Xmas and one of them has mild symptoms.. he's NOT vaccinated.. he's scared to get it.. and he's the one with mild symptoms.. everyone else from that Xmas dinner is hurting bad..

Personally I didn't go anywhere Xmas. Not going anywhere new years. I have fractured ribs.. if I get a cough I'll die of pain so I'm being super careful. 

Ah man. That sounds terrible. I hope everyone’s okay and recovered. 

Be careful out there! Wash hands, wear a mask, do everything in your power to take care of yourself. 

Covid, I think for the most part, for most healthy people on average, if you’re double vaccinated, you should be okay. But I’m no medical expert, so what do I know. I’m just trying to be careful for me and my family. Got elderly parents that aren’t the healthiest, so worried about them more than anything. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll my point was to add some snarl to the 4th line. Lamb and Himore don't hit. Not sold on Chiasson either. It's not about adding scoring but role players that fit the duties of a 4th line. 

Why do we have to have the softest 4th line in the league? 

We don't.

You're right: we don't have to.

We don't have to take it.

We're not going to take it.

For much longer; c'mon JR, get us some meat.

And get on BB's hotline to Scotty Bowman to see if he wants to join Stan as a Senior Advisor.

And so that we don't have to rely on our defensemen to lower the boom, make them a couple of big nasty wingers that can sit in the box all game or get the boot.

Can't expect to win with Miller and Bo and Myers and Schenn in the box or out of the game.

Jesus, we've got Garly call'n out guys twice his size and we don't want him in the box or hurt either.

This old saw about the 4th line needs to skate, score, et cetera is not for the playoffs; that's just to get there.

Then the gloves come off; no more Mr. Nice Guy.

They're sick!

They're obscene!

I know they need time to assess what we have, but it is bloody obvious what we don't have.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You sure it was omicron?

Sounds more like delta to me. Still a risk but a lot less likely than omicron now.

Omicron... everyone getting Omicron right now. It's spreading like a wildfire..

Delta made people end up in hospital. Omicron a lot less chance of hospital stay.. 

But symptoms are pretty strong from everyone I know that got it..

One of the guys from Xmas eve party can't swallow anything his throat is so bad.. 

1 of the friends got the whole party sick. He got sick and got tested after Xmas eve party,  it was positive for  Omicron. 

Vaccines have lower protection against Omicron... 

I know approximately 20+ people who got it. 

1 (unvaccinated) guy 35 yrs old has mild symptoms.. everyone else got hit pretty hard.. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Omicron... everyone getting Omicron right now. It's spreading like a wildfire..

Delta made people end up in hospital. Omicron a lot less chance of hospital stay.. 

But symptoms are pretty strong from everyone I know that got it..

One of the guys from Xmas eve party can't swallow anything his throat is so bad.. 

1 of the friends got the whole party sick. He got sick and got tested after Xmas eve party,  it was positive for  Omicron. 

Vaccines have lower protection against Omicron... 

I know approximately 20+ people who got it. 

1 (unvaccinated) guy 35 yrs old has mild symptoms.. everyone else got hit pretty hard.. 

Delta is much less likely to send you to the hospital if you’re vaccinated. The symptoms also tend to be more severe and last longer.

I mean aches and sore throats I would classify as mild. If you’re not getting a fever and needing medical attention you’re fine. No one said you wouldn’t have any symptoms.

The flu can hit pretty hard too but most people recover fairly quickly.

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

We don't.

You're right: we don't have to.

We don't have to take it.

We're not going to take it.

For much longer; c'mon JR, get us some meat.

And get on BB's hotline to Scotty Bowman to see if he wants to join Stan as a Senior Advisor.

And so that we don't have to rely on our defensemen to lower the boom, make them a couple of big nasty wingers that can sit in the box all game or get the boot.

Can't expect to win with Miller and Bo and Myers and Schenn in the box or out of the game.

Jesus, we've got Garly call'n out guys twice his size and we don't want him in the box or hurt either.

This old saw about the 4th line needs to skate, score, et cetera is not for the playoffs; that's just to get there.

Then the gloves come off; no more Mr. Nice Guy.

They're sick!

They're obscene!

I know they need time to assess what we have, but it is bloody obvious what we don't have.

Yes, it's a momentum changer. A big hit can change momentum and spark a line up. Dorsett or a Rypien weren't big so we should be able to find something. And their guy was standing there chirping Halaka after the whistle? Not likey. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Except people with two doses are having mild to no symptoms when they contract omicron.

9,000 vaccinated people in a stadium doesn’t pose any more risk than shopping malls. People who wanna choose to go to game and take that risk should be able to. Especially since there is no evidence that these events are causing mass outbreaks.

Our government just wants us to believe that they’re the only ones that can keep us safe. Meanwhile the numbers keep reaching records regardless.

I have a less cynical view of the government. If they don't act, they are responsible for what may be overwhelmed hospitalization and rising deaths etc.  Inaction is not a way to deal with public health crisis. Putting restrictions is not a political win or popular move. It hurts them to put in restrictions, politically and economically.  The fact that cases are record high but so far hospitalization are holding is the fact that about 80% of BC is fully vaccinated. The latter is public health policy at work.  It also requires the public to participate. 

I think the argument for the stadium capacity limits is a worthy discussion and debate. But I wouldn't just blanket criticise the government as being arrogant that they think they are the only ones keeping us safe. The citizens action are largely unpoliced, and each person is responsible to do their part. I took the risk to visit home this year, but also did things to minimize the risk (multiple PCR tests, rapid tests, N95, vaccines and self quarantine).  They can't stop me from returning to Canada. But I think I did my part not to spread the virus. Some can criticize me, but it's a free country by most standards. 

The extreme situation is like China now in city of Xian. They locked everyone home. City of 13 million. Now that's a paternalistic government. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

No one is arguing that Pettie is not himself, but the if you can not focus on the good, you should not be talking about the bad.

Do you have any idea who was checking him tonight? 

This was a one goal game and you focus on Pettersson.........that sounds like trolling to me

Did he play like a top 6 forward tonight..you bet your a$$ he did. Did he play as good as Hoglander, Podkolzin, Pearson, yes he did, he actually played better

I guess if you can't see that, well I can't help you.........sorry man!

Not himself. Really? what are we.. 32/33 games into it. I think people are cutting him to much slack. He looks lost out there. Danault is a great checker for sure but EP didn't even draw a penalty. What about tight checking playoff games? What's he going to do then. A top 6 forward? One good pass and a couple good d moves. We all expect more/better don't we?

Hoglander $825,000..Podkolzin $925,000.. Pearson $3.25 mil.. EP $7.35 mil

Ok Pearson needs to step up his game but Hog and Pod are playing well for their $$. Is EP playing like he deserves $7.25 mil.

You bet your a$$ he's not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

He just needs to shoot more.

The shot that he slammed his stick after was a cracker, not registered as a SOG but it was a rocket.

If that went in, Petey wouldn't be getting the 'Miller' treatment today. 

But, it didn't. He will have to start to produce or else we'll keep hearing about it. Despite being 7-0-1 under BB.

I also think that he's flown a little under the radar in terms of criticism, because the team has been winning. 

But yeah, he hasn't really been producing much even during the winning streak. But the winning has the attention of the market, not Petey's struggles. 

Until they lost last night. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I have a less cynical view of the government. If they don't act, they are responsible for what may be overwhelmed hospitalization and rising deaths etc.  Inaction is not a way to deal with public health crisis. Putting restrictions is not a political win or popular move. It hurts them to put in restrictions, politically and economically.  The fact that cases are record high but so far hospitalization are holding is the fact that about 80% of BC is fully vaccinated. The latter is public health policy at work.  It also requires the public to participate. 

I think the argument for the stadium capacity limits is a worthy discussion and debate. But I wouldn't just blanket criticise the government as being arrogant that they think they are the only ones keeping us safe. The citizens action are largely unpoliced, and each person is responsible to do their part. I took the risk to visit home this year, but also did things to minimize the risk (multiple PCR tests, rapid tests, N95, vaccines and self quarantine).  They can't stop me from returning to Canada. But I think I did my part not to spread the virus. Some can criticize me, but it's a free country by most standards. 

The extreme situation is like China now in city of Xian. They locked everyone home. City of 13 million. Now that's a paternalistic government. 

And I’m proud that Canadians stepped up and got vaccinated at the rate they did.

But the government has to base things on the science which I would argue they’ve been ignoring throughout this pandemic. Just look at the mess with our school systems.

Yes people are largely free to do what they want. But the carrot that they dangled for people to get vaccinated was quickly taken away afterwards.

I can see how an unvaccinated person is sitting their shaking their head wondering why they would ever get vaccinated. Seems like the rules are just as tight for the vaccinated now. And on top of that vaccinated people are all catching the virus again.

Sorry if my faith in this governments plan is fading, but they’re not exactly inspiring confidence right now.

Edited by DeNiro

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes, it's a momentum changer. A big hit can change momentum and spark a line up. Dorsett or a Rypien weren't bid so we should be able to find something. And their guy was standing there chirping Halaka after the whistle? Not likey. 

Yeah the Linden and Sedins era is long gone; we don't have to be nice anymore.

Couple of guys who are not nice, can arrive with force and attitude, and can back it up every way to Sunday.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Redline said:

Is EP playing like he deserves $7.25 mil.

Your right. He isn't, and that is going to be a discussion point most likely at some point in the next few years, because if he doesn't bounce back to his pre 7M contract, then he's not going to be getting anything remotely close to that in his next contract. If he wants more, then a trade is probably in the works, and we move on. I love Pettersson, and I'm a big fan of his, but if he isn't producing then he deserves every single form of criticism coming his way, especially for a young man making 7M. He wanted to be the man. Well, being the man also comes with higher and more aggressive defensive coverage coming your way, and fighting through that and still producing

He's not doing any of that this season. He's doing better than he was at the start of the year. I'm not sure if that's some sort of consolation though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And I’m proud that Canadians stepped up and got vaccinated at the rate they did.

But the government has to base things on the science which I would argue they’ve been ignoring throughout this pandemic. Just look at the mess with our school systems.

Yes people are largely free to do what they want. But the carrot that they dangled for people to get vaccinated was quickly taken away afterwards.

I can see how an unvaccinated person is sitting their shaking their head wondering why they would ever get vaccinated. Seems like the rules are just as tight for the vaccinated now. And on top of that vaccinated people are all catching the virus again.

Sorry if my faith in this governments plan is fading, but they’re not exactly inspiring confidence right now.

I think they're doing the best they can. I don't agree with all of their decisions either, but what other choices do they got at this point? 

The vaccinations were kind of like the last hope that we could get life back to "normal". Obviously that hasn't exactly happened. And is COVID going to continue to produce variants every year? What is life going to look like if that's the case? Seasonal restrictions and limitations? I'm not sure if people can cope with that moving forward. They're already frustrated as it is now

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I think they're doing the best they can. I don't agree with all of their decisions either, but what other choices do they got at this point? 

The vaccinations were kind of like the last hope that we could get life back to "normal". Obviously that hasn't exactly happened. And is COVID going to continue to produce variants every year? What is life going to look like if that's the case? Seasonal restrictions and limitations? I'm not sure if people can cope with that moving forward. They're already frustrated as it is now

The way Omicron is spreading I wouldn't be surprised if herd immunity kicks in soon. It's going thru the population like a wild fire..

Compared to other variants it is milder.. less death less hospital visits.. symptoms are tough and I wouldn't want it but it's not as bad as previous variants..

I wouldn't be surprised if almost everyone gets ot over the next 3 or 4 months and we develop heard immunity soon..

That would be ideal considering it is a milder version than when it first hit the planet..

22 minutes ago, Redline said:

Not himself. Really? what are we.. 32/33 games into it. I think people are cutting him to much slack. He looks lost out there. Danault is a great checker for sure but EP didn't even draw a penalty. What about tight checking playoff games? What's he going to do then. A top 6 forward? One good pass and a couple good d moves. We all expect more/better don't we?

Hoglander $825,000..Podkolzin $925,000.. Pearson $3.25 mil.. EP $7.35 mil

Ok Pearson needs to step up his game but Hog and Pod are playing well for their $$. Is EP playing like he deserves $7.25 mil.

Did you actually see other players do any more? maybe a little, but it was a tight checking game. That is my point.

• Wat 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think this is the beginning of the end of the dangerous phase of the pandemic, at least for the fully vaxxed.  I think by mid-Feb or early March we'll be back to delta restrictions and by summer most of the vaxxed will have contracted and recovered from omicron and we'll have a very very strong immune response from vaccines and infection.  Then we might start seeing more and more restrictions come off and get to the endemic phase and we can start the cleanup phase that will be painful in it's own way.  I think by this time next year things will look much different

I hope to god you’re right.

I’m just waiting till we hear about a new variant emerging.

• Cheers 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope to god you’re right.

I’m just waiting till we hear about a new variant emerging.

I'm sure there will be new ones along the way.  We might get to endemic, but COVID is t going to go away, we'll be dealing with it for awhile I'm sure, just not like the last two years I don't think.

• Cheers 1