The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] January 25, 2022 Edmonton Oilers (19-16-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (18-19-4) at 7:00 SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Martin would make a great backup. He could be a low cost backup.

He likely has a shot to win the job next year.

.......or maybe this year if Halak is moved

Edited by GB5

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well, if we start to see more than a 40'ft perimiter goal from him - every tenth game - for $7,35,000.00 Million, I might start to believe you. 

Still hoping he'll start to earn his keep but he'll need more consistancy and output to sell most on his worth.

I think you're being a bit harsh on him. He's been making a lot of nice passes in the past ten games. If his line mates could finish he'd be very noticeable. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'd imagine he does. Oddly enough, Edmonton has already let a few goalie slip through waivers this year but people have ostracized Holland for this so I wonder if he finally makes that move. 

I don’t know for sure but I’d say probably not since he’s here on emergency loan.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

He likely has a shot to win the job next year.

.......or maybe this year if Halak is moved

Halak denied waiving his ntc. Unless we bury him in the A (which we wouldn't dare to do if you want to keep Vancouver a destination for free agency) then we are stuck with him. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'd imagine he does. Oddly enough, Edmonton has already let a few goalie slip through waivers this year but people have ostracized Holland for this so I wonder if he finally makes that move. 

Will he have to though? With the covid stuff wouldn't that be a different type of callup?