The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] January 25, 2022 Edmonton Oilers (19-16-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (18-19-4) at 7:00 SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Speaking of DiPietro:

Prediction:  After realizing he's too small for the NHL, and with his 5.28 GAA and his 0.771 Save % in the NHL - DiPietro quits hockey after this season and becomes a hockey TV panel person, maybe for the Abbotsford Canucks. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Speaking of DiPietro:

Prediction:  After realizing he's too small for the NHL, and with his 5.28 GAA and his 0.771 Save % in the NHL - DiPietro quits hockey after this season and becomes a hockey TV panel person, maybe for the Abbotsford Canucks. 

Sure, just so long as he's provided a 'high chair' for interviews.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure, just so long as he's provided a 'high chair' for interviews.  

ouch. Mikey seems like a good kid, I think his development was really messed up by not playing him for most of the covid year. 

My Italian father in law said the name Di Pietro is the Italian version of "Pettersson" so maybe he's got more in him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Man, some of you are pretty $&!#ty when it comes to DiPietro. I wish they'd been firing pucks at you instead. 

Third NHL appearance, 4-5th stringer, hasn't played much because of the taxi squad business. Lay off. 

Why so defensive? Not all goalies become good NHL goalies. He's too small, doesn't matter how much they develop him.  Unfortunate for him, good guy and all that.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why so defensive? Not all goalies become good NHL goalies. He's too small, doesn't matter how much they develop him.  Unfortunate for him, good guy and all that.  

Because I think it's garbage that some are making him out to be a joke and $&!#ting on him for coming in and trying his best in a bad situation. Ain't his fault all the other goaltenders went down or that his development has kind of gone off the track a bit these last couple seasons. 

He's 22 and 6 feet, we've no idea what he'll be. Is it likely he makes it? For most players it ain't likely at all, but let's not pretend to know. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1