The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 25, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, JM_ said:

Bo is more reliable than Miller. Love Miller, but he does brain fart a fair bit if we're taking an honest look. 

Miller puts up more points. By a bit. 

You mean reliable in the dot? I can give you that.

Miller has gaffs, but like last night, he also can make a save and send off a nice assist in quick fashion.

How much do you think Bo would bring us on the market? do you think it would be more than JT?

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Miller has gaffs, but like last night, he also can make a save and send off a nice assist in quick fashion.

How much do you think Bo would bring us on the market? do you think it would be more than JT?

Bo is more reliable defensively too. 

Last night Miller was not on his game, but then he has a tendency to show up exactly when needed and block McDavid so its easy to gloss over his occasional lapses or ill-timed passes. 

I don't want to lose either. I'm coming around to the idea that maybe we just stand pat on moving anyone key. If we can move Myers, Pearson, Hamonic, Dickie, Halak that would be great imo. 

Just now, JM_ said:

Last night Miller was not on his game, but then he has a tendency to show up exactly when needed and block McDavid so its easy to gloss over his occasional lapses or ill-timed passes. 

I don't want to lose either. I'm coming around to the idea that maybe we just stand pat on moving anyone key. If we can move Myers, Pearson, Hamonic, Dickie, Halak that would be great imo. 

He does have a tendency to do exactly just that. 

How much to you think Bo brings on the market? is it more than Miller?

Nobody answers when I ask that.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

He does have a tendency to do exactly just that. 

How much to you think Bo brings on the market? is it more than Miller?

Nobody answers when I ask that.

because its a horrible thought. Bo's a rock. I hate the comparisons based on who shows more emotion, Bo works his &^@#ing ass off. 

I suspect they'd bring about the same package. NYR would absolutely love to get their mitts on Bo. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Based on that logic EP should be paying back the team every night.  90% of his plays fail.  If you can remember, watch him very, very closely next few games and keep track of the times he's in play with the puck and if his resulting puck work was successful or not.   You'll quickly realize that he f's up about 4 out of 5 times.    There is something seriously wrong with him and although I'd like to simply hope that he's simply just another casualty of green messing him up - like many of our other players, I think there is something physically wrong with him, as he skates like a 11 y.o.gazelle growing into a 14 y.o. body made out of glass.  

Like I’ve said before in some previous posts. JT Miller is 28 (soon to be 29 yo) and he’s still giving away pucks. Usually that part of a player’s game, if it’s not revolved when they’re younger, they are what they are. Petey just turned 23 yo. They are lights years away from each other. Now is Petey going to rebound to previous form? I have no idea. I hope so. I really do, because we need him, if he doesn’t rebound to his previous form, then this organization is set back a number of years, we may as well completely reset and sell Miller, Bo, everyone except for Demko and Hughes. Build from the net out again. Can probably get some pretty good young players from those guys. 

I’ve said before, I think this season for Petey is a write off. He needs the off-season, and a fresh start under Bruce. &^@# Green and Baumer. They really screwed up some of our players. I’m hoping that Petey isn’t a casualty though. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

because its a horrible thought. Bo's a rock. I hate the comparisons based on who shows more emotion, Bo works his &^@#ing ass off. 

I suspect they'd bring about the same package. NYR would absolutely love to get their mitts on Bo. 

We need to keep Bo, in my opinion. He’s the ‘cap. He’s a rock like you’ve said. 

If the team trades Brock, then I think it’s almost a given that they’re going to keep Bo and Miller moving forward. 

Can probably get a pretty good player for Brock. 

• Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I think you gotta consider moving Brock. 

He’s a good player, which is why I think we can probably get someone good for him. But he’s not quite quick enough, and he doesn’t necessarily drive play either. Doesn’t kill penalties, so if he’s not scoring, which he can go long stretches, then what is he doing and how is he contributing to the team’s overall success? 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, JM_ said:

The thing with moving those players is I don’t think we’ll get anyone that moves the needle much. Myers maybe, but the rest, not so much. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

The thing with moving those players is I don’t think we’ll get anyone that moves the needle much. Myers maybe, but the rest, not so much. 

I was really thinking more about just getting the cap space, I don't really care if there's a return for any of them. 

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

He’s a good player, which is why I think we can probably get someone good for him. But he’s not quite quick enough, and he doesn’t necessarily drive play either. Doesn’t kill penalties, so if he’s not scoring, which he can go long stretches, then what is he doing and how is he contributing to the team’s overall success? 

ugh, yeah. I like Brock a lot... he really needs to work on that first step in his stride. But he might be someone that gets moved, depending on whats coming back and how much other cap is moved. 

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So I think we agree that people do get attached to players, for good reasons. 

I would keep them both, hell or high water. Bo and JT are studs. A great 1-2 punch for the next few great years to come. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So I think we agree that people do get attached to players, for good reasons. 

I would keep them both, hell or high water. Bo and JT are studs. A great 1-2 punch for the next few great years to come. 

oh for sure. 

Its frustrating that Benning got us Miller but also put is in a situation where we have to have this discussion. Lets move Myers and Pearson instead. 

57 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Bo is a match up player that can play against opposition's first line without giving up much. He is better than JT at nullifying the opposition's best players.

JT is better offensive player. He can play the puck possession game in the offensive zone much better than Bo. But I wouldn't put JT against the opposition's best players on a consistent basis if I have Bo Horvat.

Trade values are relative that it's hard to answer. 

I think their value is roughly similar -- but because offence is more valued, I think JT gets you more than Bo.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Thats what ive been saying for ages.  Hes benefited by being the trigger guy on a top unit simply because we had no other real options.  I havent seen him generate a single goal let alone a scoring chance on his own in at least a season and a half maybe 2.  We have hogz who generates several scoring chances ever game with his speed, strength and stickhandling.  Same with podz and garland.  Considering we now have hogz, podz, garland who all drive play regularly, brock just doesnt make sense.