The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, January 27, 2022 Vancouver Canucks (18-19-5) @ Winnipeg Jets (17-15-7) at 5:00 on SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Honestly that's a great point. That's BS that they can do that. There's been so many of those stupid loopholes lately too. 

I'll be pretty choked if San Jose is able to wiggle their way out of Kane's cap hit.  

4 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

So San Jose terminates Kanes contract based on covid protocol violation. League finds no evidence but another team can just sign him? Wouldn't they force San Jose to pay him? 

I retty much just said the same thing in the Kane thread.

Essentially by clearing Kane isn't the league then finding that the Sharks were wrong to terminate hi contract?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, GB5 said:

I retty much just said the same thing in the Kane thread.

Essentially by clearing Kane isn't the league then finding that the Sharks were wrong to terminate hi contract?

That's my understanding as well. They should have to pay out the rest of his contract, as well as some kind of cap penalty.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's just a rookie, I wasn't expecting him to be a consistent beast overnight, just that he had the potential to be one of those PWF's in the long-run.

He's definitely been in a lul, also bumped down the lineup at times. Agree it would be nice to see him have a spirited game here soon.

Oh I agree. I personally had him pegged for around 40 points this season (expecting he'd get more top 9 minutes) but everybody said he was gonna be the energizer bunny and he was gonna bring consistent leadership, etc. 

I'd be rather happy if he brought the energy and leadership qualities he can have and still put up 0.25 ppg but he's just wildly inconsistent with his effort. 

With that said, I think once he gets comfortable with English and has a few years under his belt that we will see more of his leadership qualities. He seems uneasy out there. I would like to see the battle though of being a pest. He can be very pesty and that's when he plays his best hockey. Coaches should be encouraging that behaviour.