The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Bo needs to Go...  I have been a fan from the beginning.  But these past couple of years, he is plain vanilla.  He reads from a script after the games and during the games he doesn't try to drag his team into any games with a big hit, or getting into the tough areas in front of the net.  It is embarrassing to say the least.  If a team takes it to you early like that - get mad, get angry out there, show some emotion on the ice and on the bench.  instead, he disappears and that is not what is going to get this team to a Stanley Cup any time soon.  He is in his prime, and we could probably get a good return.  Keep Miller, give him the "C" and lets build a winner around Demko, Hughes, Petey and Brock.  Petey was throwing his body around tonight...  good to see, but bad to see he led the team. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well at least if OEL and Burroughs are out we’ll be able to call up our stud offensive defenseman Rathbone!

What’s that you say? He was run with a dirty hit without any pushback too?

Welp. I guess Sautner and Hunt will have to do!

Do we have anyone capable of pushback not named Schenn ? Anyone  having pushback that is a regular part of their skill set. ? 

37 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

not very constructive, care to elaborate on why ? the leadership on this group is poor

Horvat is a top six player who can get you 50+ points, win the majority of his faceoffs and play well defensively as a shutdown center... a first rounder would not replace him.

He has not played well the last few games, but I think that is a function of the fact BB has shifted his role from shutdown center to #1 Offensive line center... and he is having trouble doing that... he is not a #1 line center.  Boudreau tried him with Pettersson's line and now he is trying him with Miller's line... not what Bo is best at.

Put him back in his shutdown role with a couple of decent wingers... he works with Pearson and Dickenson.

And yes, Bo needs to hit more... but he can be told that... no need to trade him.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That would be rough if he went out.

I mean the funny thing is I have a hunch we play better with an AHL D core.

Something about the mix of this team just doesn’t work.

They don’t know how to focus on the basics of the game. It’s like they’re looking for shortcuts.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Near the end of the game. Went straight to the dressing room. 

Might mean nothing since it was a blowout near the end of the game, but Boudreau had no update.

If he's out for any length of time tonight may very well be the night we look back on and identify as the night this team's playoff hopes died 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks can buy out the KHL contract... done regularly.

No they can’t.  He can buy it out himself. The Canucks can’t do it it. Even if they could (which they can’t) he’s shown little interest in returning to the NHL. 

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

BB says playoff game. Team flatlines.

Team says all the cliches like “big test” and “easy game to get up for” and then fall on their faces.

I get that going down 3-0 off of some unlucky deflections is deflating but the way they responded after that was telling. They came unravelled and started taking bad penalties.

If they right the ship and regain their composure after that third goal, they have a chance to win that game.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

Bruce There It Isn’t!

Seems like Bo Horvat has not taken his game anywhere since the BB hiring. 
He’s not leading by example.

JT is the quintessential leader of this team. 
move Horvat, Pearson, Dickinson, 

Give Hogz some leeway.

Demko has played like crap since he got a new mask. 
kiss the post season goodbye after that performance in a must win game. 

Edited by PuckTruckCanuck
Grammer

20 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Horvat is a top six player who can get you 50+ points, win the majority of his faceoffs and play well defensively as a shutdown center... a first rounder would not replace him.

He has not played well the last few games, but I think that is a function of the fact BB has shifted his role from shutdown center to #1 Offensive line center... and he is having trouble doing that... he is not a #1 line center.  Boudreau tried him with Pettersson's line and now he is trying him with Miller's line... not what Bo is best at.

Put him back in his shutdown role with a couple of decent wingers... he works with Pearson and Hoglander.

And yes, Bo needs to hit more... but he can be told that... no need to trade him.

If he does go for some reason I keep seeing him in a habs jersey.

if so, what would the return be?

Edited by RWJC

5 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Hello Niki , I have the Calgary Flames on line 1

Eh, I doubt it

I still think Tryamkin will lean towards staying in Russia at the end of the day, but if he waits for UFA he'll likely get several offers and he may very well like one of the potential landing spots 

12 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Canucks can buy out the KHL contract... done regularly.

lol unless the canucks are paying tryamkin under the table to buy out his own contract.. or willing to add an extra mil to the cap on his new contract to cover him buying out his own contract.. ain't happening lol.. and i'm sure he's completely done with the canucks after the last management group hung him out to dry back to back years.

This team plays better with balanced lines... not loading up the #1.

Miller should be centering Boeser and Garland as the #1.

Horvat should be back centering the #2 line with Pearson and Dickenson in primarily a shutdown role.

Pettersson should be centering Podz and Hoglander as #3 line

Lammiko centering Motte and Highmore as #4

Dickenson is the weak link... he is the guy who should be traded... he is ok defensively, but is useless offensively.  If they can find someone who can score and complement Horvat then a lot of the problems are solved.

• Vintage 1