The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Point is a 100 point player.  You can make room for a guy like that.  Garland is a 50 point player.  You don't need to make room for a guy like that.

Where does that leave Hoglander? :lol:

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Garland for Marino?  He's on a decent contract so there is value.  Maybe a team sees him in their top 6 and is willing to trade a player they feel doesn't fit on their team.

You said he's too small for a playoff team... :lol:

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Vegas?

Again, too small for a playoff team... :lol::lol:

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Vegas didn't make the playoffs this year...  -_-

They were close and were hit hard with injuries. Both Pacioretty and Stone, two of their best forwards, missed over half the season. They weren't the only key players out for a large part of the season. They'll be contending for a playoff spot again next year without a doubt. Where would we be if Miller and Pettersson missed half the season? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

They were close and were hit hard with injuries. Both Pacioretty and Stone, two of their best forwards, missed over half the season. They weren't the only key players out for a large part of the season. They'll be contending for a playoff spot again next year without a doubt. Where would we be if Miller and Pettersson missed half the season? 

True.  I think Garland could really push Vegas over the top...  -_-

Curious what lavishness JR will heap onto Kuzmenko when he's here this week. It's the first face-to-face with the Canucks, so he'll probably see a bit of the city, where he'll play. Nice view, but...

One thing that could be concerning is the older arena the Canucks play in. I know they want to upgrade and add a practice facility, but they haven't done that yet. Rogers Place in EDM is state of the art, and probably very impressive, 1st Class. I can only assume JR will explain that to sell Kuzmenko on signing here.  

"So, Andrei, obviously you've heard of Evgeny Malkin. How would you feel about playing on his line next season?"

I just think getting Malkin would be amazing, he's a real superstar in the game and would bring so much experience. The younger guys would learn a lot. Maybe a silly idea, but who knows what JR is going to do, and what he'll do to get Kuzmenko in VAN.  

I guess Kuzmenko's 2nd round of interviews are scheduled for next week BUT I'm not sure if Milstein's comments and Kuzmenko's other interviews are just doing due diligence but here's why unless I'm reading the comment wrong where he was quoted saying this

"We’ve been talking to Vancouver executives for a very long time. It’s a great city, good place to play, a good team, good coach, and stable management. Vancouver should be excited for many years on what’s to come.”

The last sentence leans towards that way since we could offer him a roster spot that would be his to lose. 

I guess we'll see soon but seems to me he may be a Canuck  since no one can offer more than a one year ELC so no one can "outbid" anyone I don't think so our lack of cap isn't really going to hurt us. 

Anddddd if he doesn't pan out for some crazy reason, I'm still looking forward to Klim with another season in Abby getting used to the NA game before making a challenge for a roster spot, should be an interesting next couple of years to be sure. 

C'mon JR, I get it that you may have to pis$ people off to get us in the right direction but "just do it"  and if some don't like it and do the throw their jersey to the ice routine b.s. sort of thing, F them! 

We have a cup to win, enough is enough.

Ok I digress, on Kuzmenko, definitely worth a shot for a ELC season and see where it goes. 

Ok so the question remains, IF promising him a roster spot is what it takes to get him here, who does he play with, on what line?

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1