The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Arizona is in a perma rebuild. They wanna rebuild the way CDC wanted to rebuild way back yonder. Only play sub 25 year old players. Only gather picks. Keller is likely next. Guy is almost 25 too. Old man in a rebuild. Which means, there is no way they are touching a fossil like Horvat. Guy is 27. No place in their rebuild.

It's actually hilarious to watch Arizona operate, they are mirroring what every online fan wants their team to do; strip it all down and just accumulate draft picks.  

What a horrible team to watch, I would stop being a fan for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If they move Chychrun it's for Pod

Oooouuuch!!!

Well, you might be right in you assessment of who the coyotes would want in return.  I could see podz being the centerpiece going back.  I'd be really pissed though!!!  I don't want to think about it!!!No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's actually hilarious to watch Arizona operate, they are mirroring what every online fan wants their team to do; strip it all down and just accumulate draft picks.  

What a horrible team to watch, I would stop being a fan for a few years. 

If Arizona was a Canadian team, they would have been relocated already. 

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Oooouuuch!!!

Well, you might be right in you assessment of who the coyotes would want in return.  I could see podz being the centerpiece going back.  I'd be really pissed though!!!  I don't want to think about it!!!No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

I am with you. I was on the Pod bandwagon going into that draft. But we gotta keep in mind their wants as well as our own. Chychrun isn't being given away. Not to disrespect Horvat. But he has little value to a rebuilding team cause he isn't re-signing with a rebuilding team. And they want picks, cause they're the Coyotes.

• Sad 1

Man I'd be devastated but your argument is solid... And a sobering one at that.  Probably why the trade hasn't gone down as of yet.  In 2-3 years who will be the better player top to bottom.  I think Podz... But for this team who will have the biggest impact right away... Probably Chycrun... nervous the simpsons GIF

A fair deal would be Chychrun for Podkolzin, a 1st and Rathbone, and that's a 1st in a deep draft.

Don't know if I'd do that really, we could be heading for another top 15 pick but adding a legit future number 1 defenceman costs big time. This isn't the way to find one sadly, you've got to draft and develop your own or pay the price. Better for a franchise to try and find one in the draft than strip the value of the club's future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah I was being facetious. Even so I doubt they want Bo Horvat and literally no picks. Why would he re-sign there too? We gotta remember that this isn't NHL 23. He's gotta want to be there as well for them to have any interest in trading for him. They get no picks, get an older player and a LD that hasn't shown any real promise at this level. The only people that like Rathbone are his parents and CDC. Guy hasn't looked very good at all. And we are getting the better player.

Horrid deal for them on the ice and on paper in trying to retain Bo long term. If they move Chychrun it's for Pod, our 1st and maybe a middle 6 utility vet. Pearson to help even cap. Not Horvat with no extension who is a UFA at seasons end and not some number 8 one way d-man that isn't even THAT good at the one thing he is good at. I dunno man.

Rather than moving Podrick, what we'd likely need to do, is move Horvat (or my preference, Boeser/Garland) for futures (prospect + 1st). Then trade said prospect + 1st, packaged with Rathbone (or similar) for Chychrun.

Satisfies Arizona's wants better and let's us keep Podrick (and our first).

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Rather than moving Podrick, what we'd likely need to do, is move Horvat (or my preference, Boeser/Garland) for futures (prospect + 1st). Then trade said prospect + 1st, packaged with Rathbone (or similar) for Chychrun.

Satisfies Arizona's wants better and let's us keep Podrick (and our first).

Just an honest question I have pondered over when thinking about Chychrun; does another LHD make sense? I actually like our leftside right now with Hughes, OEL, Stillman, Rathbone, and Dermott/Burroughs. 

We should only be considering a trade for a top end RHD, unless we are shipping OEL the other way (and I like OEL in the 2nd pair).

6 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think anyone here wants to part with Pod, any 1sts or 2nds. 

100% agree.

These moves would cost a first and a legitimate young player which is entirely unpalatable.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Just an honest question I have pondered over when thinking about Chychrun; does another LHD make sense? I actually like our leftside right now with Hughes, OEL, Stillman, Rathbone, and Dermott/Burroughs. 

We should only be considering a trade for a top end RHD, unless we are shipping OEL the other way (and I like OEL in the 2nd pair).

Chychrun has played RD before and otherwise it's pretty much exactly what we are looking for.

By all means, if a similar RD was available, we should definitely target them. But they don't tend to be, and Chychrun is.

1 hour ago, GB5 said:

100% agree.

These moves would cost a first and a legitimate young player which is entirely unpalatable.

If that's the firm asking price by the coyotes... then they can suck it!  However, as the season moves along, I wonder if the pressure to move him increases and their asking price goes down?  Maybe that's what Allvin and co are banking on?  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Chychrun has played RD before and otherwise it's pretty much exactly what we are looking for.

By all means, if a similar RD was available, we should definitely target them. But they don't tend to be, and Chychrun is.

For sure, IF he can be a fulltime RHD, I am all on board. The 3 years of team control @ 4.6m is super appealing. A top 4 of Hughes, Chychrun, OEL, 2023 FA RHD (5m ish) is aweosme!

Then trade Myers, send down Poolman (unless he excels this year), and resign Schenn.

Hughes-Chychrun

OEL-FA

Stillman/Rathbone-Schenn/Burroughs/Poolman

Thats a fabulous group!

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think anyone here wants to part with Pod, any 1sts or 2nds. 

I'd say podz is a no go for me; he is only getting started for us. In terms of 1sts or 2nds; I wouldn't be opposed to moving one of each. In the end, Chychrun has 3 years of club control at 4.6m; that drives the value WAY in my opinion. Basically, we get Chychrun and Stillman plus 800K for Myers cap hit

Edited by BC_Hawk

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I am with you. I was on the Pod bandwagon going into that draft. But we gotta keep in mind their wants as well as our own. Chychrun isn't being given away. Not to disrespect Horvat. But he has little value to a rebuilding team cause he isn't re-signing with a rebuilding team. And they want picks, cause they're the Coyotes.

I mean, we should be holding onto our picks as well. It's not like our farm team is stocked and loaded with young players being developed for the future or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1