The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Islanders | Mar. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, lmm said:

So you see it as a 'chicken/egg' thing

It would eb great if Kenward told us about injuries etc, but I do not recall him every offering that kind of info.

since the start of last season, I do not recall any injury news

Kind of... telling us who gets in, who is out... info from within, as far as practicable...

I guess, I don't need anyone telling me, who sucks and the GM or Coach suck, as I've got eyes... 

What else would you use an 'insider' reporter for?  

Probably 'guide' the discussions before, during and after the game... 

Edited by spook007

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We play Vegas three times in ten days at the start of April. That will determine whether we can catch them or not. And ultimately have a chance at playoffs.

Its not necessarily how many in a row we win. More important to beat the teams we’re chasing and just keep pace in the meantime. Point being just keep chipping away.

Very true, it is overly simplistic just to look at our level of play. We're fortunate to have two "weak" playoff teams in the Pacific. It means that we could possibly jump straight into 3rd for the Pacific. The way it looks now is that the Central may have both wildcard spots, so we're looking to beat both of Vegas and Edmonton. It's too bad we couldn't play those Vegas games before the TDL. If we lost all three, we'd be very likely out of the running, but winning all three gives us a serious shot.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I don't know why Vegas is so freaking high despite having a winning% outside of the top 8 currently.

The Kings have a higher point percentage and are lower, which is weird. Perhaps it's taking other things into consideration, like injuries and remaining schedule.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lots to talk about at tomorrow's presser with the "impending" Boser to NJ deal. 

Wait, don’t we have to ask the Laffs (and their media) first for permission to make any trades?

By all accounts, most of our top players are already heading to Toronto in trade - should they be feeling charitable enough to grace us with a deal or two.

• Vintage 2

48 minutes ago, lmm said:

the only forwards I really want to keep on this team are Miller, Petey, Podkolzin

the rest can all go as far as I am concerned

That is not to say I think they are all trach, far from it, but those 3 are the ones I'd like to see the team build around.

Petey's scoring streak ended with Podkolzin being moved off his line

sounds like a roster destined for a lottery pick

13 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

according to Thomas Drance and Rick Dhaliwal:

One name sure to interest our Vancouver audience that we were surprised to hear linked to the Canucks by one of our contacts this week, in conjunction with Colorado’s interest in Miller: Bowen Byram.

Byram plus the Avs' first plus who else?  Got to be an added younger (high ceiling) prospect considering Byram's injuries.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

sounds like a roster destined for a lottery pick

I see what you did there

all depends on the return

I believe in the hockey trade

much has been said about the hockey trade to the point it is now almost mythical

however some fans on this site seem to think every player traded either returns a bag of pucks or draft picks for some future galaxy far far away.

The Canucks have assets, some are worth a lot in immediate return, some are not.

Some returns should be useful NHL players

Just now, Angry Goose said:

Im all for shaking the roster up/improving it.

As well as sarcasm when needed

to be clear I was not suggesting that all players should be traded, only that they could all be in play

except for the 3 mentioned

and Hughes

and Demko