The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

Time for a new thread. This one has almost descended beyond repair. I'm confident Bo will be a hoarse and a beast for us in the play-offs. This will be fun.

I don't know, he's never struck me as that vocal a guy.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Okay first of all I think Miller is awesome. I never said otherwise. My comment was in the middle of a civil conversation regarding his leadership qualities. Secondly I'm not "going negative" on him because myself and others notice some leadership deficiencies. Despite your fairytale world beliefs J.T. is not the perfect hockey player, no one is. Secondly, never once was Bo ever mentioned, nor was a leadership comparison mentioned. Thirdly, I've in fact brought up the lack of leadership on this team and I'm on record saying I'm not sure if Bo is the right guy at this point. In addition I'm not even necessarily against Miller in a leadership role moving forward despite a couple rough areas.

Maybe you should get off your high horse, read a little bit before commenting, and not come in guns a blazing screaming, ranting and raving at people like the madman your avatar portrays. Some people such as yourself just go off the rails getting carried away about stuff and now somehow you're anointing J.T. as the best leader in history. Just providing a little dose of reality and perspective. You can simultaneously be a great hockey player and not be perfect, but still good at some things. Get a grip man!

“Pouty” I believe was what you said.

…and considering your lame personal attacks directed at me,.  I can see why it’s in your vocabulary.

JT is everything this team has needed since we acquired him..

Leadership , the proper one , or complimentary ones usually rise to the top regardless of what we think.

Ive seen JT take it,  “C” or not on his chest.

He is this team’s fierce voice , rallying the rest to be better than they can imagine themselves to be.. someone has to.

Anything less,  like what Bo has offered is numbing.

That,. What JT is bringing, Combined with BBoudreau letting the reigns slack when players step up, and bestowing his confidence in them , have straightened this ship into the wind.

Emotion in this game works.. your light interpretation of it as something childish is lame..  but you’ve shed more light on yourself and I see it’s more a part of your character than any NHL player.

• Vintage 3

15 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Tomorrow’s game against Habs… do they get a special 4 pm pacific start like the special Maple Leafs’s viewers? Nope.. in fact we start later than usual, a 7:30 pm pacific start, pretty much guaranteeing nobody in Quebec will be watching it live from their homes. I wonder if Toronto had anything to do with that, ensuring the early game on Sportsnet gets watched in its entirety.

Slegz, you want to do the GDT?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Tomorrow’s game against Habs… do they get a special 4 pm pacific start like the special Maple Leafs’s viewers? Nope.. in fact we start later than usual, a 7:30 pm pacific start, pretty much guaranteeing nobody in Quebec will be watching it live from their homes. I wonder if Toronto had anything to do with that, ensuring the early game on Sportsnet gets watched in its entirety.

frak TO, I'll be watching the game live from Quebec, as usual, the 22h30 starts are just perfect. You can cap off the evening with some Nuckle hockey. Scotch and fewer distractions.

GCG

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

frak TO, I'll be watching the game live from Quebec, as usual, the 22h30 starts are just perfect. You can cap off the evening with some Nuckle hockey. Scotch and fewer distractions.

GCG

I hear ya.

Sometimes its the wee hours and I'm just gett'n thru da turd.

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

NHL.com giving every Matthews goal a breaking news headline on the front page. :picard:

image.png.2817baa9c07f2181c322a9dcf0cfd54f.png

They somehow sugar coat almost losing to bottom feeders every night.

If these games aren’t raising serious red flags I guess this explains why their fans are stunned every time they get knocked out in the first round.

Edited by DeNiro

13 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The way I see building a defense is you need a top 3 of legit guys you can count on to play big minutes. Then you find a good compliment(s) for the #4 that are also capable but don't have to be the same level. Looking at past winners;

TB; Hedman, McDonagh, Cernak - #4's included Shattenkirk, Bogo, Rutta, exc.

STL; Pietrangelo, Parayko, Bouwmeester. #4 was Edmundson. (Gunnarsson also played with Petro at times)

WSH; Carlson, Orlov, Niskanen. Then they had Kempny playing well with Carlson.

Especially if you have a #1D that you can play with the #4, and then a good pairing of legit #2/3 types. With Hughes & Ekman-Larsson we have a good #1 & #2, but we need to find the third guy & it has to be Right side.

I do wonder about Myers & what we could do with him. Say even if you retained 1M, maybe you could then get assets back that could be used to bolster the roster. I know it's tough to envision retaining with our cap situation but if we could make some other moves maybe it could happen.

I'm thinking if you can get 1st/2nd round picks and/or touted prospects for a few guys, that could allow us to flip those assets into good players that fit moving forward.

And I agree we need to replace Dickinson with a different C/W that can play T9/PK. That's the other big issue. Fingers crossed we can move him. 

Great post. Totally agree. Hughes and OEL are great #1 and #2, but both need support from more shutdown oriented guys. Fortunately, shutdown oriented guys do come a bit cheaper than guys that can put up lots of points. There are also more of them available, as it's a role that older defensemen will sometimes transition to as their game slows down a bit. 

Myers is actually a really interesting asset - in his final contract year, his AAV will be 6m but his actual salary owed will only be 1m. That makes him an attractive target for teams that are looking to stay cap compliant but want to minimize their actual spend. Combined with pretty decent play this year, I think there's a chance we may not have to part with any assets to move him.

• Upvote 1