The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Sounds like we need a Psychiatrist as a Captain Stawnzy..   Bo never has much to say,  try’s, but never comes unglued..  never anything to follow there really.

That's not as far off as as you'd think 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh,

JT Miller.

That guy.

You dont win with a guy like that.

He's not a team player

He might be a problem in the dressing room

He pouts and is too emotional, not a leader.

Those are some of the comments I remember from earlier this year.

JT is still a stud and continues to prove people that would have made those comments....dead wrong.

I still stand by those statements.  When things are good, Miller is great, when they're not good, JT is a ball of negative energy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Or, maybe his fire when things aren't going well is what ignites the team, as he shows that losing and the woe-is-me mentality are not experiences you give into.

Exactly. You cant accept the woe is me mindset at all. 

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Or, maybe his fire when things aren't going well is what ignites the team, as he shows that losing and the woe-is-me mentality are not experiences you give into.

There’s a difference between what you’re describing and what Miller actually does. Y’all definitely have short term memory if you can’t even remember Miller literally pouting on the ice not too long ago. 

I don’t usually agree with Stawns but he’s on point with this one. 

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I still stand by those statements.  When things are good, Miller is great, when they're not good, JT is a ball of negative energy

Yeah it's only fair to look at both sides. It's definitely not leadership when he's pouting because they're losing, giving up on the play in OT, throwing blind passes around when they're down, yelling at his teammates, or breaking sticks on the bench in frustration. In that sense his leadership is lacking. He's definitely an emotional leader in the sense of the word but that also comes with several shortcomings at this point in his career. I would say he's not Crosby or Bergeron, but he's better than average for sure.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah it's only fair to look at both sides. It's definitely not leadership when he's pouting because they're losing, giving up on the play in OT, throwing blind passes around when they're down, yelling at his teammates, or breaking sticks on the bench in frustration. In that sense his leadership is lacking. He's definitely an emotional leader in the sense of the word but that also comes with several shortcomings at this point in his career. I would say he's not Crosby or Bergeron, but he's better than average for sure.

That's just not the kind of leadership I would want on my team if I were  coach.  But we all have our own ideas about what being a leader means I guess.  

Say what you want about the type of leader Miller is, but he was one of the only guys producing when things were at their worst.

And if he played any role in getting Green fired at all, hang his jersey in the freakin rafters.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

I don't get this whiney, pouting argument. I want a leader who plays with passion, not some coma-toast zombie who shows none, or very little emotion. 

Btw, I love Bo, but I prefer someone who is emotionally engaged. 

Crosby and McDiver whine and complain too. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Good post jester!

the “woe is me mentality “ cares..   but they’ll console each other, talk about it, make each other feel good again to be ready for the next game.  .. because they care, and they care about each other.  

It’s below the line to what’s needed in a game like hockey.

Hockey is, One of the true , and last “warrior” sports, played with a weapon, on metal edges that can quickly slice a jugular open, our ruin / cripple a player in physical contact at very high speed, played on a surface , and  between boards that feel like concrete.

(“weapon” I keep a wooden hockey stick behind my door for intruders :) , nasty the pain you can inflict so quickly from a safe distance )

Players with emotion play above that line,  it’s a driver that can help them focus and bring out their best game.

They challenge themselves and others with it..

it readies them to face any opposition to bring out there best attributes.

The difference between caring , and playing emotionally charged can be a big factor in winning or losing.

I didn’t see much of the vs Leafs game unfortunately, ..  but I caught a moment where Miller was talking to Boeser on the bench after Boeser had given away a puck for a goal.

I didn’t see Miller “consoling” Boeser..  I saw Miller telling him stuff,  emotionally, and trying to Jack him up with it.

I saw Boeser listening to him,.  and taking in the words, and absorbing that “charge” to gear and amp his game up.

Over these next 7 games , I think we’re going to see the best out of Boeser,.  I think Miller has turned a motivation key in Boesers game, that will bring out a more motivational and emotional Boeser.

If that has happened,  I will change my thoughts on trading Boeser before RFA.

I only wish Horvat could match, or learn from Millers intensity..   when you have a group of players playing like Miller,.  It’s not only the best hockey, it’s fun for everyone.

4 hours ago, J-23 said:

Leadership.

That’s what I saw,   Not someone consoling him,  someone shaking him and saying let it go, show me better, let’s go, we got time kiddo!

Thanks for posting that clip J-23..  that emphasizes everything JT brings to this club.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I don't get this whiney, pouting argument. I want a leader who plays with passion, not some coma-toast zombie who shows none, or very little emotion. 

Btw, I love Bo, but I prefer someone who is emotionally engaged. 

Crosby and McDiver whine and complain too. 

Yeah; they have to.

When you're the best, everybody is hooking and holding and slashing and everything all the time.

Do it with diplomacy and don't make the refs look stupid, and it can add to your legend..

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

There’s a difference between pouting and being pissed off..  

Ive never seen Miller pout,.  I’ll leave you with your negativity.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

That's just not the kind of leadership I would want on my team if I were  coach.  But we all have our own ideas about what being a leader means I guess.  

Boudreau has called JT his best player.

That says more to me than any post here.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah; they have to.

When you're the best, everybody is hooking and holding and slashing and everything all the time.

Do it with diplomacy and don't make the refs look stupid, and it can add to your legend..

I agree don't make them look stupid, but definitely speak your mind. Otherwise, you're silently going through life. Not a good way to go. 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

There’s a difference between pouting and being pissed off..  

Ive never seen Miller pout,.  I’ll leave you with your negativity.

Lol, what do you call that OT play if that's not pouting. I'm not being negative at all just being slightly honest and realistic. I know that's tough on some folks here. JT Miller can be 'not the best in the world" at something. It's okay Sam! I think anyone being honest with themselves will admit he gets a little pissy at times when the chips are down. I don't think it's the end of the world so no need to go defending his honor or anything. Just trying to have a conversation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

I agree don't make them look stupid, but definitely speak your mind. Otherwise, you're silently going through life. Not a good way to go. 

Marchanding-Eh, Dude!

As I age, I realize I leave nothing behind.

Except garbage.  And excrement..

But you are young, and do not need these turds once thought of as wisdom.

Where going silently keeps one going through life; is life.

1984, 2022, whatever Dude; keep your head down; keep the refs happy.

And, Win The Cup!

• Haha 1