The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I think this model is underselling us a bit.  Apparently we have less on the back end than Edmonton which might be the stupidest thing I've seen this week.  Also, when does this model say JT Miller is an elite center?  When he becomes the top scorer in the NHL and the Hart winner?  Or is that not enough?  Comparing us one to one to Edmonton in this model just seems like it completely undersells us and oversells Edmonton especially on the back end.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

I think this model is underselling us a bit.  Apparently we have less on the back end than Edmonton which might be the stupidest thing I've seen this week.  Also, when does this model say JT Miller is an elite center?  When he becomes the top scorer in the NHL and the Hart winner?  Or is that not enough?  Comparing us one to one to Edmonton in this model just seems like it completely undersells us and oversells Edmonton especially on the back end.

That's obviously a subjective way of looking at it...

Not a top line C... the hottest player in the league?

Quinn Hughes not a top pairing d-man? hmmm maybe not...

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

As good as Hunt has been we need to get Poolman a game to strengthen our depth.

Hughes Hamonic

OEL Myers

Poolman Schenn

Hunt, Burroughs

Pretty good depth!

NOOOO Hughes with Schenn please... not Hamonic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Well, considering that it's still Benning's roster that is on display, the same one that was considered "poorly constructed" (according to Craig Button), I think Benning left us with a pretty workable team. Button goes on to say that BB plays to the team's strengths, which actually implies that Benning had a purpose for the team to score.

Why is there so much slant against Benning when credit is due, but so much praise for Green when it's undeserved? (The latter situation is largely not the case anymore, but the former is certainly still true). The issue is and was obviously Green, which is also, to an extent, part of Benning's responsibility.

It's obvious that some posters can find the fault of a former GM much more so than the fault of other people. This bias is pretty sickening really.

Dito and with hindsight, off the ice JBs' biggest mistake was his choice, in coaches.  Overall, he seems to lack the situational awareness, that is required to become a decent GM but I do give him credit for acquiring the young core

As for Green, his overall record as a coach is enough proof cause the same roster, is playing very differently under Boudreau.

45 minutes ago, spook007 said:

That's obviously a subjective way of looking at it...

Not a top line C... the hottest player in the league?

Quinn Hughes not a top pairing d-man? hmmm maybe not...

That means Heiskanen and Klingberg aren’t either according to the chart. Yet every other team has a No.1 Dmen. Subjective indeed 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I certainly hope he gets a shutout the next time he starts given how much criticism he has received as of late.

for sure, it would be nice if the team in front of him could be ready to play when he starts. It happens to Demko too.

Edited by Roberts

2 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

This is the stupidest ranking I've seen.  Rangers have the reigning Norris trophy winner and he's not considered a No.1 Defenseman?  Same with Nashville.  I'd consider Josi a #1 defenseman former Norris winner.  This is just the tip of the iceberg.  So many things wrong with this ....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Game could have  gone either way at 2-2.  Demko was the difference.  He was Double Bubble Demko the second half.  When he plays Double Bubble we can (and will) beat anyone.  

Who are you and what have you done with Alf???

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, nergish said:

I was at Rogers arena last night, and obviously Bo, JT, and Thatcher were dynamite, but I thought Quinn had a very strong game. We’ve just come to expect it from him at this point.

Plus 4 baby! Him and Schenn are complete opposites in every aspect of the game. Yet they compliment each other so well 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

This is the stupidest ranking I've seen.  Rangers have the reigning Norris trophy winner and he's not considered a No.1 Defenseman?  Same with Nashville.  I'd consider Josi a #1 defenseman former Norris winner.  This is just the tip of the iceberg.  So many things wrong with this ....

I wouldn’t put much stock in this rating. The writer Dom uses his own WAR type number for each player (GSVA). That’s how he ranks them. So Lindholm has has 4.7 GSVA and Rasmus Andersson has 2.8 so that’s elite. Clearly neither of them are elite players.