The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Andrej Sekera

Just now, coryberg said:

He went from 30-40 points a season to never cracking 10.jump adidas GIF by Partizan

Yes as I mentioned’ the last few years points wise’. He had 10 seasons under his belt and was over 30 when his point production declined sharply but was still good or serviceable defensively. Just my opinion, yours obviously differs, all fair.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Man did his career fall off a cliff!

Suffered an ACL tear before his drop off in production. Then got an Achilles injury the following season.

But also just passed the 30 year old cliff as well!

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Suffered an ACL tear before his drop off in production. Then got an Achilles injury the following season.

But also just passed the 30 year old cliff as well!

People don’t realize that. With the importance on speed now in the NHL, it is very rare to make it beyond 33 in most cases. 
 There’s only about 3 guys/team on average that were born prior to 1990 still playing in the nhl. 

14 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

People don’t realize that. With the importance on speed now in the NHL, it is very rare to make it beyond 33 in most cases. 
 There’s only about 3 guys/team on average that were born prior to 1990 still playing in the nhl. 

So you’re saying we shouldn’t sign Miller to a 9x9 contract?

Fully agree with you and ties in again to Miller not being the right timeline for us.

35 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Well I was more pointing out that it is more likely that injuries took a toll on Sekera rather than his age. Injuries are unpredictable and could hamper even young player's careers. I think in Sekera's case, the age of when this happened was more of a coincidence than an argument towards the above 30 cliff to fall off of. His two injuries really hampered his skating, so it's true that speed is important, but you gotta be able to avoid those serious injuries.

6 hours ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Maybe they were referring to the greatest mailman of all time, Mr. Cliff Claven :bigblush:

‘It’s a well known fact that’ this is not the Cliff he was referring to...

• Haha 3