The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Schenn had the right approach, hit, hit, hit. Nobody followed him. I hate this fancy pants approach. We need a dman that can close the gap hard and hit unruly forwards on their ass. Not Hunt. And we need a physical forward on the 4th line to lay out some hits TO KEEP OPPOSING FORWARDS HONEST. Not Petan. So many easy zone entries. Schenn can't be everywhere. When we hit were a better team. 

Our barn is too easy to play in. 

So spot on it hurts.... BIG MEAN D-MAN needed... and Big fast forwards that'll staple the oppositions to the boards would be very welcome too throughout our line up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

So spot on it hurts.... BIG MEAN D-MAN needed... and Big fast forwards that'll staple the oppositions to the boards would be very welcome too throughout our line up.

We can pick apart JB, but I always hoped he was going to construct a roster with sone nastiness ala 2011 Bruins. At least Im encouraged BruceyB really likes that roster construction.  

In addition to some toughness on the back end, really wish we had a couple of extra Fwds that love to hit hard/turn up the give-a-crap meter when needed.  Kinda what Im hoping to see if the FWD group gets tweaked. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Angry Goose said:

We can pick apart JB, but I always hoped he was going to construct a roster with sone nastiness ala 2011 Bruins. At least Im encouraged BruceyB really likes that roster construction.  

In addition to some toughness on the back end, really wish we had a couple of extra Fwds that love to hit hard/turn up the give-a-crap meter when needed.  Kinda what Im hoping to see if the FWD group gets tweaked. 

Exactly Goose... 

That was probably the one thing that surprised me with Benning. He came from the Bruins organisation, and after we were manhandled 2011, I wanted us to be able to stand up physically... But that never really seemed to materialise... a few players here and there, but not really as a team.

I also hope for a few speedy forwards with size, that would go through brick walls... some nastiness would be very welcome...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

It’s the same situation(close anyway) as the bubble run in that we have a few stars falling for age or cap space.

Benning got trapped in playoff and gave away Tanev, Toffoli and marky for nothing. 
Now we have Miller, Boeser, Motte and maybe a few others that walk for free if we don’t act TDL.

we might have the summer also but the return gets lesser. 

I have been thinking the same thing

it was the same with Nonis trading for Weinrich, Brown et al , trading assets to try and get into the playoffs

4 minutes ago, x00x said:

bet ya canucks gm is waiting to see what happens this weekend, if we win both games we buyers, if we lose ...sellers, so probbaly wont see any action till monday trade deadline 

Canucks will probably beat the Flames (there's hope!)

and then lose to the Sabres the next day (sell all of the players!)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, x00x said:

bet ya canucks gm is waiting to see what happens this weekend, if we win both games we buyers, if we lose ...sellers, so probbaly wont see any action till monday trade deadline 

that is such a bad approach

If the GM hasn't made up his mind by now, he will not be good at his job

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

that is such a bad approach

If the GM hasn't made up his mind by now, he will not be good at his job

welll, just saying, not saying thats what he is doing since it is JR , but im sure hes keeping an eye on the weekend games

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

It's over.  

Just like game 7 of the 2011 SCF, the Canucks failed to score when they needed it the most.

Difference this time is, we weren't playing a contender, we we playing a team far worse than us.

Time to start yet another rebuild as these players are not worth what the owners are paying them.

Imo Detroit is not "far worse than us"

Vancouver 18th in the league   30-25-7 for 67 points in 62 games

Detroit is 24th                          25-29-7 for 57 points in 61 games

Losing to them isn't good, but

Not playing well against them is terrible.

• Cheers 1