The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Good points. Agree completely.  Miller is having a great season (despite the last two games). But whoever signs him after next year will certainly overpay and regret it.  At age 28 turning 29 he is at his peak now and is likely to fade significantly during his next contract. If the Canucks were a good team likely to make the playoffs I would be inclined to keep Miller now and go for it. But the Canucks are not good enough to justify going for it. I think the best thing it to trade Miller when his value is high.

If the Canucks are not sellers at the deadline, I will be disappointed in the new regime. They have a chance to get things moving in a positive direction. They won't get as much in return if they try to make deals after the season.

And I hope they do something significant. If it is just Motte for a second or third round pick or something like that, I will be disappointed. 

I disagree with your view in the terms that I'm actively cheering for us to make the playoffs, however you are not wrong. 

Went to the game tonight with three other family members.  Cost me well over $500 likely $600+ with beer/food & 50/50 tickets  - to see what?   

The best part of the game was the dog race between the 2nd & 3rd period!

That says it all!     

JB's "ardvark" team of incompatible players needs to be dis-assembled immediately - starting Monday.  No more excuses!   

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 3

Ha-Lack showed us why HE MUST BE PUT ON A BARGE AND PUSHED OUT TO SEA ASAP.     His response to BB after being advised to get ready to go in to replace Demko - is a disgrace and shows he is UN-Vested in this team and city.  He is the main reason we will miss the playoff's this year, winning only 2 out of twelve games.  (Almost - a complete loser)

If he had even managed to win half his games (play at a measly .500) like an average goaltender, we'd be in a playoff position.  But he can't even do that,  He has been the worst Goaltender signing EVER in Canucks history.   What a disgrace!  

(Another, in the long list of tragic Jim Benning signings!)

Edited by RU SERIOUS

The thing I don't get about Halak's attitude is that he's acting this way after being pulled from his last two starts (once in which he kept looking to the bench for a mercy pull), forcing Demko to play instead of getting rest. Absolutely bizarre. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

My hope is to see guys like Myers and Schenn traded and see guys like Rathbone and Burroughs finish the year. 

Forward wise, I dunno which young guys would make it up... Maybe Lockwood if Motte gets traded? 

You want to see us get even smaller on defense?  Rathbone would have got eaten up and wrecked against the Flames today.

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Tanev was the leader on that d.  Losing him and not having a replacement killed us.

Exactly I didn't mind if Vancouver had to move on from Tanev but only if there was someone to replace what he can do and bring to the table. 

Though I guess Nate Schmidt was supposed to be that guy but that didn't work out

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

We have no high end prospects in the system. This is who we are and who we're gonna be. Given that this is so clearly a seller's market we need to take advantage of that and milk some teams who feel they are contenders.

Oh and also fire the damn DJ. Who the **** plays Culture Club "Karma Chameleon" and Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" during the 3rd period of a hockey game against a divisional rival? What the Hell is wrong with this moron? Honestly, I'd be willing to give up a 3rd round pick to get someone to take the DJ. /end rant

Right on. Time for a new vision a new direction. Hopefully they have some things in the works already. The players come out flat and slow to often regardless of who is coaching. 

Had both good and bad news this morning....

good news... I went to bed after the 1st Period

Bad news... I got up to watch the game...

Feel sorry for the paying punters at Rogers Arena. Should expect better from the players, than this lacklustre and disorganised play in the 1st in particularly...

Flames were faster, stronger and hungrier... 

4th iine did ok, the rest no so much.... Time to sell, if they can get anything of value... Don't leave any stone unturned.

Edited by spook007
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Gee Demko never pulled that attitude when Halak got lit up last 2 games and had to go in on his rest day

Prima Donna, selfish non teammate move

If he has a problem playing, then team should have same attitude and not paying

Bet he wouldn't have pulled that tonight, if he was still under his bonus games still

Boom +100

7 hours ago, Nuckthepuck said:

Poor old Bruce looks like a stunned father who just lost his $&!# on his kids.

Love the guy. Hope he doesn't lose to many years of his life dealing with how inconsistent this team can be. 

I know all teams struggle from time to time. Just trying to keep things lite. 

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Agreed.  Boudreau even mentioned the mental side of the game, and was thinking for Demko's mental well being he didn't want to keep him in there the way his defense was playing as Calgary could have ran up the score to 7-0 or 8-0.  That could easily destroy the confidence of even the most experienced goaltender.

Halak should have understood this being a former starter himself and a 15 year veteran.  Instead, all he was worried about was getting his start for tomorrow.  I really hope this pushes him to waive his NMC so he can get the heck out of Vancouver...

I think, he was watching a film on Netflix and was disappointed not to see the end of the movie....B)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, -DLC- said:

That game was ass.

And to top it off I sat beside two absolutely HAMMERED guys, one of whom kept talking to at me and explaining that he was wearing red because he just came from golfing and then apologizing because he stunk. I told him he smelled like Calgary.  By the end he was intolerable (started smack talking about how great the Flames were...he started off not knowing which side he was on. I asked him to name one Flame who'd scored and he couldn't). Idiot.

What was Halak's deal? Demko needed a break so his little hissy fit was really off. Do your job, dude.

Also, just love when Tkachuk is on his ass slashing away with no call. Cute. Flames get away with murder...Sutherland's such a hack. That high sticking penalty too....Lil Gumdrop was totally holding Brock's stick. Garbage.

Oh well...next. Going tomorrow too. Go Canucks, I'm in for the long haul. Somebody's gotta do it.

(Also: no Miller jerseys to be had at the Team Store. Boooo)

Hope it'll be better tomorrow Deb... 

When you publicly say that your style as Captain is to not be loud in the dressing room, but prefer to demonstrate your leadership on the ice, you better be Conner McJesus every night on the ice. I would even be ok with him not scoring, but to be as big as he is!?  Seriously, Garland is more physical then Bo. Schenn does not score, but we love his aggressiveness when he is on the ice. 

This lazy inconsistent culture in the room has been going on for ten years now, it’s like the cold virus that just keeps moving around the room, affecting old and newer players alike.

I am almost of the mind, unless the deal is really good, don’t trade anybody Monday. Let these guys spend the next 5 months staring at their suitcase by their front door, no one is safe.  They may have financial security, but there is nothing worse then you and your family not knowing if you entire life is going to be upended any moment.  It would have been easier to just come out a play a hard game.

Gawd, we are a capped out Team.

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hate to say it, but it might be a good idea to trade Miller at the TDL. Giving another team 2 playoff tries with him, at his current salary, would be very tempting and the offer could be huge.  Heart and soul, okay sure, but I didn't see any of that tonight. Build around Petey and Hughes, not around Miller.

I think Miller would be quietly thankful for the shot or two at a cup with a real contender. I would probably cheer him on. Once our team is out and if he's on a team I don't hate