The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

I think you can get over Halak's performance last night; just as you got over Millers bs start to the year.

When/if he gives me reason to I will.

Miller proved himself. And, ftr, I never was one of the people upset with Miller in the first place because I saw what he was putting in, even IF he had "moments". The whole team had a bs start and he was frustrated, sure. But in a "what have you done for us lately" deal, I'm sure you can see the difference between the two. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If they beat BUF tonight, should that change things?  I don't think so, this team isn't good enough. I find it interesting that JR and Allvin are going to wait and see how the game play out and then decide tomorrow. Maybe they should decide today, because nothing going to change by tomorrow.  Tear it down, keep Miller if they must but only if he re-signs for $8 and no more than 5 years.  If he wants to moon, then say goodbye in the off season.  They got to make trades tomorrow, and more than Motte.  

I don't think that's what they're doing.  I think their decisions are made and they are waiting to tmrw to let the market play out and the offers (hopefully) improve.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

It was a two second, instinctual reaction on the bench, at the end of the peeiod.  Not like he pulled a Roy here folks. 

Halak has had a helluva career and has been nothing but a professional........how about people show a good person and good goalie some leeway and respect.  Is that really too much to ask?

But that reveals his feeling in that moment....he didn't want to be put in. Really? Isn't that why we signed him? To back up Demko who, by the way, is showing signs of fatigue and possible wear and tear from that? Where's his respect for Demko? A "good person and good goalie". This is supposed to be a team and that was not a show of support for his teammate who'd been putting it all out there on a regular basis. 

I am not ok with a guy at the end of his glorious (was it?) career wanting to sit on the bench and collect a paycheque. 

Respect? I respect those who do their job when asked without going back at a coach who is the one in place to make these decisions. Where's his respect?

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

man when you hate a player you're all in. First, this has nothing to do with Miller. Can we at least begin there?

Yes it was unprofessional, and the icing on a lousy year. He got his bonus and he needs to waive, thats what a pro would do. 

I don't hate JT miller, at all.  I was one of the few happy with the deal that brought him to Van and he's played well for the team.  My comment wasn't against miller, it was supporting halak by showing the hypocrisy of people here.

JT "wants to win", but Halak "threw a tantrum"

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Me waking up this morning after drinking too much Bourbon during that terrible game and equally terrible CBC broadcast. 

hangover bpw GIF

Oh my friend...condolences. I was there, surrounded by red jerseys and drunk people who stunk (literally).

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

But that reveals his feeling in that moment....he didn't want to be put in. Really? Isn't that why we signed him? To back up Demko who, by the way, is showing signs of fatigue and possible wear and tear from that? Where's his respect for Demko? A "good person and good goalie". This is supposed to be a team and that was not a show of support for his teammate who'd been putting it all out there on a regular basis. 

I am not ok with a guy at the end of his glorious (was it?) career wanting to sit on the bench and collect a paycheque. 

Respect? I respect those who do their job when asked without going back at a coach who is the one in place to make these decisions. Where's his respect?

You don't think, perhaps, that he was upset that being put into the game means he loses his start today?  That doesn't factor into your filter?

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't hate JT miller, at all.  I was one of the few happy with the deal that brought him to Van and he's played well for the team.  My comment wasn't against miller, it was supporting halak by showing the hypocrisy of people here.

JT "wants to win", but Halak "threw a tantrum"

If you can't see the difference in the two, that's on you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

surely you see a difference between on-ice behaviour and publicly pouting with your coach? 

It doesn't appear so.

Some don't even absorb the counter arguments put out there, they just stay stuck.

Miller's "antics" were mostly self directed. They weren't about him not wanting to play, they were about wanting to play better. Frustration during a period when it was really bleak.

He's also put us in a position for these games to actually matter, even if in a long shot way. 

There's a big difference. Show some respect for Demko and the fact that he's earned a break. Let's look at it from that angle. If you don't want to back up our star goalie, don't. There's the door.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It's kind of how it works on the "Canucks" fan forum. Those who don't support this team conveniently dismiss the 7-1 result that was weeks ago. And the fact that Calgary's made up of many Canuck cast offs. 

But let your Flame flag fly. For now. 

Hold on to your chair because this will rock your world.

It's possible to take a loss without crying about it.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Hold on to your chair because this will rock your world.

It's possible to take a loss without crying about it.

Sorry dude, you can try but you can't rock my world. 

Focus on you now. And the thread. 

11 hours ago, stawns said:

That is a pretty chickensh!t move for a coach to pull.  I understand what he's doing, but you can't blame halak for being pissed.

Are you kidding me!?!? That is 100% the JOB of the back up goalie...to spell the #1 guy when games get out of reach! Halak is a pre madonna, waive your NMC and enjoy winning your 1st round stanley cup with the Laffs, GTFO Halak, and thanks JB for the lovely NMC given to an old over the hill back up we never even needed to sign!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Best thing about a crummy loss is we get right back it today.

Im now excited for the deadline. But I still want wins and am grateful for hockey :) 

It's nice to be able to put that one away quickly, although I think it put a big stamp on things for the team and the direction they'll likely take.

I know it'll be a more rounded evaluation and has been an ongoing assessment, but I'm scared at this time of year. I really hate it and am never excited for trade deadline as I do see some really special pieces here that are viewed as "of value" if they're moved. The uncertainty in it all.

Going to the game (again) and hoping for a better showing.

Petan looks REALLY small (and ineffective) to me out there. Unlike Garland who can really manoeuvre his way out of trouble, he seemed to get slammed in it.

Demko's really showing signs of fatigue and it's sad that we don't have someone willing to jump in and help. Martin was fantastic in that regard, can't we use him? (Sorry, I openly admit I don't know all  the logistics of it).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

My crystal ball isn’t working right, now. Can you recommend a good fortune teller shop? Just that yours seems to work so well.

I don't need a crystal ball to know that every player has a peak, they call it a career season for a reason after all.

Every player declines, and yes that typically takes place during their 30's.

I don't expect Miller to play at his 26-28 year level during from 33 on and I'm not interested in giving him 9M+×7-8 years because I don't see it aging well.

I never guaranteed anything, but go off I guess? :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• -DLC- unfeatured and unpinned this topic