The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Brad Richardson off waivers

Just now, Podz92 said:

Really no one wants Motte? Find that hard to believe.

Yea the Canucks want him, which is why they’re working to re-sign him.

Would some people find this deadline a success if we traded Motte for a late 2nd? Like I can never understand why people get so hyped over 2nd round picks. So that in five years we can lose a bust to waivers. :lol:

Give me Motte on a 4 year deal at 2.25 and I’m happy.

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I stopped reading at trading away Miller.

We’re not trading Miller.

If some people are disappointed with this trade deadline it’s their own fault. Too many pie in the sky proposals that were never gonna happen.

Good luck thinking we can resign him and then have enough money to go out and build around him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I understand our farm unfortenetly sucks, what I don't undrstand is a differense with/without Richardson? Are we making a playoff after this move, he will be on Canucks roster next year? He cost nothing because we claim him? To me, it's not a move forward after you missing the playoff (and yes we are out!).

But you still want to be competitive, especially with the gauntlet of games coming up, you can't have a 70% PK in these games and Brad should help here. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Good luck thinking we can resign him and then have enough money to go out and build around him.

All depends on what contracts can be moved in the summer.

If they don’t think they can give him what he’s asking for they can still get a big haul for him in the summer after his 90 point season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We don't have to re-sign him, we have him for one more year. He could be moved in the summer or at next year's TDL or anytime in-between...no gun to our heads on anyone except Motte really.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yea the Canucks want him, which is why they’re working to re-sign him.

Would some people find this deadline a success if we traded Motte for a late 2nd? Like I can never understand why people get so hyped over 2nd round picks. So that in five years we can lose a bust to waivers. :lol:

Give me Motte on a 4 year deal at 2.25 and I’m happy.

Hey I get it. But for all Rutherford and to a lesser extent Allvin’s talk about needing a retool it’s pretty underwhelming. People have been complaining about losing players for nothing (UFAs) it’s kind frustrating to not see something from the new management team that was brought in to ‘FIX’ Benning’s mess...

• -SN- pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, Podz92 said:

If all Rutherford and Allvin do is substitute Dermott for Hamonic and add Richardson on waivers then this will be a Benning level trade deadline....are they over valuing the players and asking for too much??

If they keep Motte then I think they have an L of a deadline. Otherwise there's really no rush to make any other move. Miller, Garland both have term on their contracts. Brock's value is at an all time low and sounds like there's mutual interest to sign him below his QO. Plus you can still trade RFA's with relative ease in the offseason. 

We should expect Motte to be moved. If not he's being signed and if that's anything over 2 mill then I would hand the management their first L of the year.

1 minute ago, Podz92 said:

Hey I get it. But for all Rutherford and to a lesser extent Allvin’s talk about needing a retool it’s pretty underwhelming. People have been complaining about losing players for nothing (UFAs) it’s kind frustrating to not see something from the new management team that was brought in to ‘FIX’ Benning’s mess...

The retool was always likely to happen in the summer. Trading Motte for a draft pick does nothing for a retool.

The moves that need to be done (Boeser, Myers, Pearson, Dickinson) were always much more likely to happen in the summer. That’s when you have more teams that are likely to trade for them.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Podz92 said:

Ever seen a truck after it's been in a train wreck...it takes a while to fix, and as I mentioned above there's absolutely no gun to our head. We have a few players on really nice contracts right now, contracts that other teams would like...so why not us?

Just now, DeNiro said:

The retool was always likely to happen in the summer. Trading Motte for a draft pick does nothing for a retool.

The moves that need to be done (Boeser, Myers, Pearson, Dickinson) were always much more likely to happen in the summer. That’s when you have more teams that are likely to trade for them.

I hope so. I just hope they don’t run out of time and wind up having to qualify Boeser at 7.5...

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The point is that Petan is not a fourth line center and Richardson is an upgrade over him even at 37.

Believe it or not they don’t make moves just to make you happy.

I was being sarcastic...  But imagine they did absolutely nothing this morning.. What kind of message is being sent to the fans?? 

Anyhow I'm very disappointed that we are not getting any prospects and picks today barring last minute surprises in next 15+ mins!! 

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I was being sarcastic...  But imagine they did absolutely nothing this morning.. What kind of message is being sent to the fans?? 

Anyhow I'm very disappointed that we are not getting any prospects and picks today barring last minute surprises in next 15+ mins!! 

The message being sent is that they’re not gonna rush franchise defining moves that can be made in the summer for fans that got up early to watch deadline day and are cranky now. :lol:

Edited by DeNiro

2 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Well, they didn’t do nothing. They acquired Dermott the other day, and they picked up Richardson.