The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would want them to do player for player trades

(e.g.)

1. Boeser for a #3/4 RD  (25 and under)

2. Pettersson for a Top Line C/W  (23 and under)

3. Horvat for a Top 6C or D  (25 and under)

4. Myers+ for a Top 4 D  (25 and under)

Getting strictly picks back may or may not work out, and the Canucks would need immediate help back, especially if they're shipping out one or more of these guys.

Edited by NUCKER67

23 minutes ago, khay said:

This is so grossly incorrect. His 7.5 mil QO doesn't matter $hit to cup contenders.

Any playoff team would love to acquire Brock for a low 1st, use him for the playoffs, and just let him walk if they don't like the QO.

If you can acquire a 20+ goal rental for 25th or lower overall, you do it if you are at the cusp of winning it all.

lol his 7.5mil doesn't matter?? what cup contender casually have 7.5mil sitting around for a guy that have an awful season and would love to spend 7.5mil of their salary hoping for a guy would bounce back? his 7.5mil only doesn't matter at the TDL.. are the canucks prepared to sign him to 7.5mil and hope he plays well till the TDL? probably not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol his 7.5mil doesn't matter?? what cup contender casually have 7.5mil sitting around for a guy that have an awful season and would love to spend 7.5mil of their salary hoping for a guy would bounce back? his 7.5mil only doesn't matter at the TDL.. are the canucks prepared to sign him to 7.5mil and hope he plays well till the TDL? probably not

Brock as a pure rental (if we retained 50%) would have returned a lot from a top team.  If we do Qualify him then we could trade him as a rental to a contender TDL 2023 and get a very good return too.  I hadn't thought of trading Brock to a contender as a pure TDL rental and retaining 50%.  I think that's our best way to get a good return on him.  I'm all in on trading Brock TDL 2023 at 50% retained.  Granted the first would be 24 - 32 but it's still a first.  

53 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I said sign him for 5.5-6, but personally I’d rather trade him.  
I just don’t see his value.  
Id rather see a sniper who can skate.  
If the winger is going to be that slow, he better be huge, and a real mean SOB.   

Personally, I’m done with the whole drafting for character shtick.   
Nice guys finish last.  
Let’s get some big, mean, greasy pieces of trash on our team that want to win no matter what.   

I also want to see a savage with a point shot.  
Break a couple shin bones and people won’t want to block your shots.   
Instead, we have a couple guys tossing muffins from the point and everyone knows it.  

Quoted it cuz I wish I had typed it. 

I'd like to adjust it a bit to a more modern meathook, if you would allow me:

A real mean SOB who skates faster than Ben Johnson runs on roids.

Come to think of it; I'd pay top dollar for beasts; enough of this namby-pamby look'n at the refs to save you bs, etc.

The guys who should be earning the top dollar on our team should be the Cam Neelys of the modern NHL.

Guys like Miller and Bo, but also some serious gate-crashers who look forward to you objecting to their transgressions.

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock as a pure rental (if we retained 50%) would have returned a lot from a top team.  If we do Qualify him then we could trade him as a rental to a contender TDL 2023 and get a very good return too.  I hadn't thought of trading Brock to a contender as a pure TDL rental and retaining 50%.  I think that's our best way to get a good return on him.  I'm all in on trading Brock TDL 2023 at 50% retained.  Granted the first would be 24 - 32 but it's still a first.  

lol you are banking on him bouncing back if he has another season or regress u ain't getting anything close to a 1st for him

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol you are banking on him bouncing back if he has another season or regress u ain't getting anything close to a 1st for him

....and if he has a career year you are still in a bind

Are you banking he's got it or that he played for a contract ?

Nothing will be easy and  will be more of a complicated gamble they make (with a dollar in mind or trade deciding) 

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

maybe sign and trade. we still need a top 4 right defense.  apparently canucks and nyr were in talks for multi player trades but nyr balked at someone canucks wanted and canucks wouldn't budge from their ask.

Yeah-But.

If we sign him for too much, we won't get much in a trade; best it is a low ball contract.

(I do not want to retain, etc.)

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

As a rental (50% retained) Brock will definitely get a first 2023 TDL.  We should have done that this TDL. 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I would want them to do player for player trades

(e.g.)

1. Boeser for a #3/4 RD  (25 and under)

2. Pettersson for a Top Line C/W  (23 and under)

3. Horvat for a Top 6C or D  (25 and under)

4. Myers+ for a Top 4 D  (25 and under)

Getting strictly picks back may or may not work out, and the Canucks would need immediate help back, especially if they're shipping out one or more of these guys.

Thank god no one will ever ask you to gm a team.  

Stick to fantasy hockey.

I was impressed by Allvin's discipline in dealing with Motte.  They wanted to keep him but not at the price that he wanted.  I heard that it was double his present salary which is essentially $2.5.

Boeser is another good player but not at his QO (7.5). He's barely worth his AAV (5.8) imo.

I have a sinking feeling that Brock is on his way out (and so is Miller)

9 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Try to lock him in long term for 5.5-6 and then see him have a great offseason and comeback healthy, quicker, and playing above his pay grade. Win.

yea and mayb set him up with BOs skating coach...come on people boeser is not getting any faster, stop pretending that he is an elite goal scorer! 

Dude is top 9 on a loaded team. Never scored 30 goals and people here want to give him 5m +. 

LMAO

Trade him please

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As a rental (50% retained) Brock will definitely get a first 2023 TDL.  We should have done that this TDL. 

No retentions.  No wasting our future.  Lo ball him and if he signs, it is without clauses, and ship him out if he doesn't show in this run up to the playoffs.

9 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Someone stop me if I'm wrong.... but we have to wait until end of season to trade him, at which point he has no contract. So how can we even trade him?

Other option is we sign him, then we trade him.... but if we sign him to a reasonable contract then we would likely keep him...

So my understanding is either we lose him for nothing, or we sign him for cheap, or we sign him for his QO... am I missing something?.

we can trade the rights of RFA

• Thanks 1