The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

You obviously arent watching these games if you think Boeser had been a player this yr than pearson.  

Boeser is mountains better than Pearson.

He's 5 years younger and will pass Pearson in career point totals next year easily at this pace. 

Edited by Nucklefuts

37 minutes ago, Nucklefuts said:

Boeser is mountains better than Pearson.

He's 5 years younger and will pass Pearson in career point totals next year easily at this pace. 

What does he do better than pearson?  

.pearson scores more with less opportunity. Pearson has a 2 way game, doesnt get knocked over every battle, is great along the wall, and is a better skater.  Pearson has a cup.  All boeser does is stand around and tap pucks in off perfect sauces from miller. 

I know it hurts you, but pearson is the better hockey player.

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

.pearson scores more with less opportunity. Pearson has a 2 way game, doesnt get knocked over every battle, is great along the wall, and is a better skater.  Pearson has a cup.  All boeser does is stand around and tap pucks in off perfect sauces from miller. 

According to only you. Good day sir. 

image.png.eac14baa0dc6cd90006fb850b859fa7c.png

Edited by Nucklefuts

12 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Ill back you up on this

Boeser had a good year last year

his rookie campaign was impressive aswell

But Boeser is becoming a liability who happens to have a scoring touch. He has shown that he doesnt dictate the pace on offence and is not there defensively. He just doesnt have an area of his game that can be relied on in some way to win a game and because of that he shouldnt be making more than 4 million and as a support player at best

At this point I don't know how anyone can justify signing Boeser to a multi year deal @ 7.5 million.

I just don't understand his decline.  He was such a spark plug when he arrived. All Star MVP.  His shot from the circle was like having a mini Ovi.  Almost guaranteed every time.  And he was faster in general.

If I didn't know any better I think it has to be some kind of nagging injury.  I always wondered if he's ever come completely back from that horrible back injury into the open door on the bench.

The only other alternative is that he's just gotten worse...just as he's going into the typical prime years for NHL forwards. That argument just doesn't make sense. Hes no Lazy Jake.  Its not that he doesn't have the determination, and a great attitude. Its puzzling. His loss of not only production, but almost more, his details in the "little things", is sorely lacking. Losing puck battles, giveaways, lack of speed.  All of that leans towards some kind of physical impairment. In some ways, this may be a good thing as it means he could actually recover from it. 

But if we could get a higher first, or a lower first/high second and a prospect, we could save that cap space for Miller.

• Vintage 1

23 hours ago, Nucklefuts said:

Hahahaha.

Thank God you aren't a GM or we would have a first line with Beagle, Roussel and Player Name.

Na bro he's right Pearson is straight up better at hockey. You see Chaisson putting up points in Brocks spot. Brocks a tick above replacement level. He's been spoon fed. 

18 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, except that Boeser's more of a pure goal scorer than Pearson and he does score more than Pearson overall. There was one season 2 years ago where they had the same number of points but most of the time Boeser has more points and goals in general. Perhaps not by as much as what some people think, but to say Pearson scores more puts a demerit on your post that would otherwise be true. I don't know if I understand why you felt the need to overexaggerate things when your argument could have been solid otherwise.

It's also a different skill set to be able to accept passes from others than it is generate your own opportunities and we have to consider that as well. If you swapped the 2 players, I bet both of them decline in point totals just because it's suddenly a different kind of line.

That being said, Boeser's likely to have more value simply because he scores more and is a pure goal scorer. Points are typically worth more than the 2 way game, perhaps unfairly so, but that could be to the benefit of us.

Edited by The Lock

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

In Chiassons last 5 games he has 3 goals 2 assists PPG player he's arguably doing a better job in Brocks spot than Brock. 

Chiasson is on a hot streak.  It happens.  Just like some players go into a slump (just like at the start of the season where so many posters were advocating to trade EP).

4 hours ago, kilgore said:

At this point I don't know how anyone can justify signing Boeser to a multi year deal @ 7.5 million.

I just don't understand his decline.  He was such a spark plug when he arrived. All Star MVP.  His shot from the circle was like having a mini Ovi.  Almost guaranteed every time.  And he was faster in general.

If I didn't know any better I think it has to be some kind of nagging injury.  I always wondered if he's ever come completely back from that horrible back injury into the open door on the bench.

The only other alternative is that he's just gotten worse...just as he's going into the typical prime years for NHL forwards. That argument just doesn't make sense. Hes no Lazy Jake.  Its not that he doesn't have the determination, and a great attitude. Its puzzling. His loss of not only production, but almost more, his details in the "little things", is sorely lacking. Losing puck battles, giveaways, lack of speed.  All of that leans towards some kind of physical impairment. In some ways, this may be a good thing as it means he could actually recover from it. 

But if we could get a higher first, or a lower first/high second and a prospect, we could save that cap space for Miller.

Pretty good summation (other then the last paragraph - that's up to Allvin and up to debate, re-signing Miller or not that is).   Brock this year is just not what anyone would hope for.   He's got a good attitude, can see that with his mates during practice.   Also hit the gym hard since his draft year (maybe too hard but don't buy that, hard too do)  .... we've all seen him make elite passes and plays - and of course his scoring touch/shot.    It's not an easy league to play in.   Rarely do players get worse over time but it does happen.   Team at least has options.   Will be pretty telling this off season one way or the other.  

32 minutes ago, BPA said:

Chiasson is on a hot streak.  It happens.  Just like some players go into a slump (just like at the start of the season where so many posters were advocating to trade EP).

Hot streak or not it shows that even a replacement level player can produce if given Brocks minutes. His stats are inflated pure and simple. I would argue that many players we currently have if given Brocks deployment could produce similarly if not better. Now Brock on the other hand if given those players minutes could not handle their assignment. So that's where I'm at with Brock I have no doubt that he will one day hit 30 goals but he won't consistently and if he can't  consistently do it............. He has to be better at hockey! To me he seems like a guy who's playing shinny at his local outdoor rink who can snipe bar downski! It's really cool when he does it but he's basically playing touch hockey with a beer in the cozy on the boards at the bench.  

He needs to have some aggression to his game. He needs to be more interested. I'm not seeing a guy who when he isn't scoring can hang in this league. I think he's just too nice of a guy.....Nice guy's n all that.....

16 minutes ago, BPA said:

Reminder who led the team in points last year.

13937360-28B1-4003-B343-CD1D1DA4448E.jpeg

I think we will try to sign 

Brock to a two or three year deal.  The value will be no more than 18 million though.  If Brock expects more he’s traded away with Miller.  

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Hot streak or not it shows that even a replacement level player can produce if given Brocks minutes. His stats are inflated pure and simple. I would argue that many players we currently have if given Brocks deployment could produce similarly if not better. Now Brock on the other hand if given those players minutes could not handle their assignment. So that's where I'm at with Brock I have no doubt that he will one day hit 30 goals but he won't consistently and if he can't  consistently do it............. He has to be better at hockey! To me he seems like a guy who's playing shinny at his local outdoor rink who can snipe bar downski! It's really cool when he does it but he's basically playing touch hockey with a beer in the cozy on the boards at the bench.  

He needs to have some aggression to his game. He needs to be more interested. I'm not seeing a guy who when he isn't scoring can hang in this league. I think he's just too nice of a guy.....Nice guy's n all that.....

I think it’s fair to say Brock is a 20+ goal scorer.  Not sure if he will ever be a consistent 30+ goal scorer (as we all hoped).  But we need scoring depth regardless.  However it has to be a $$ that JR/PA wants.  That’s why I think it’ll be between $5-6M for a 20g 50pt player.

• Vintage 1

21 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Pearson's career was slipping before he became a Canuck.   One of the reasons why he's such a loyal soldier to our club was that Green put his faith in him and helped him re-discover his game.    Maybe we should have a little more faith that Brock can also re-discover his game.   For his sake (and maybe ours too) i hope he does.