The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Darius said:

Garland is a good 40-50pt winger, but hes not on the same level as EP.  I think this board over inflates some players (like Garland) and makes whipping boys of other players.  Garland isnt great defensively, turns over the puck more than a lot of the forwards (3rd in give aways for forwards), and is tiny.  I dont think the team is constructed correctly if a third of our top 3 line offence individually weigh less than 175lbs or are smaller than 5'10".  IMHO Garland can be the guy that is flipped for a good d man in the off season.

This is it!!!!

This game highlights why he needs to go. We need bigger more physicality to go with skill. 

He does alot of razzle Dazzle only to get rubbed out. 

And we can get something for him he will have value. 

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Now we have to finish with 98 points to make it?!? :frantic:

Yep looks something like that. At this stage we need to get past EDM and DAL to sneak in.

EDM 3rd in Pacific (currently 0.592 P%) and DAL last wild card spot (currently 0.595 P%). This would equate to 98 pts over 82 games, so need 98-99 pts to be fairly sure of making the playoffs. Obviously the wheels could come off for either EDM or DAL, or VGK or WPG go on a run and also pass them. But clearly we need to win almost every game from here on out.

Edited by BigTramFan
Updated P%

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Petey is an excellent defensive player.  He’s fantastic without the puck.  Miller is the centre we should trade.  

I, obviously, feel he's seriously over rated. I'm not saying he's bad...just over rated

Edited by justathought
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I mean if those teams keep winning it won’t matter.

This team wasn’t gonna gonna go 17-0 down the stretch though.

Very gutsy to come back against a team that doesn’t give up points when leading after two. They gave everything they had left in the tank.

If we end up missing by one point I won’t look back to this game. I’ll look back to the Detroit and Buffalo games.

Very gutsy, I don't question the effort they gave this game and last. 

And that's a fair point, getting nothing from Detroit and little from Buffalo could be the death blow. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, justathought said:

I, obviously, feel he's seriously over rated. I'm not saying he's bad...just over rated

Yes, Miller is very much overrated.  With that we agree.  Fans tend to overlook the defensive deficiencies in players, of which Miller has many. ,

• Cheers 1

I'll take the point.

After that Merrill goal that was disallowed I thought we were good as gone. The boys battled and got a point.

I haven't given up hope on this team yet. There is still a chance. I know the boys will show up to play against Dallas and Vegas upcoming.

And to the Petey haters... I just have to say that I believe his wrist injury is directly related to his confidence out there. When his wrist is healthy he thinks the game differently. When injured I think he over thinks his game as he doesn't believe he's a threat. Just my 2 cents.

Looking forward to Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’ve seen some stupid things In this forum but this has gotta be up there 

His skating is very good. He needs to stop physically engaging so much. It ends with him on the ice 9 times out of 10. Use your stick smartly and 'do your dekes' when you have the puck. 

1 minute ago, JoshuaGuy said:

His skating is very good. He needs to stop physically engaging so much. It ends with him on the ice 9 times out of 10. Use your stick smartly and 'do your dekes' when you have the puck. 

He does stay engaged. Ya makes you wonder what the (frank) happened with Pouty for the first three months: he never back checked. Never stole the puck. He just didn’t give a (frank) i guess. Can’t win with players like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sxqhfeh said:

He does stay engaged. Ya makes you wonder what the (frank) happened with Pouty for the first three months: he never back checked. Never stole the puck. He just didn’t give a (frank) i guess. Can’t win with players like that

Maybe Petey was eating the same food as Dumko?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Heartbreaker. We were Miller post away from winning a tough back to back. 3/4 pts ain’t that bad though. Miller, Bo with the goals. Demko was brilliant for the most part. Big test ahead against Dallas which is a must win considering we are chasing them for a playoff spot. Let’s go get it next time around! GCG!

Demko let 3 in. 2 he should have had easy. Halak should have played again. Who knows