The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Worst officiated game of the season AINEC.

F***ing infuriating. Hughes hauled down clear as day no call. Pettersson hooked down & Player Name Ek scores. Horvat slashed in the face, responds, & we get the penalty. Demko hacked countless times & nothing (and you can't do anything or they call retaliation, as we saw)

So frustrating. And of course Dallas get outshot like 50-15 & wins. The hockey gods just hate us.

F*** Minnesota. 

Did you watch the game yesterday? This was bad, but yesterday was far worse IMO.

Gotta say, if I went to a game there, I would be tempted to shoot the DJ.  That's some awful noise, especially their goal sound.  I'd rather hear Chelsea Dagger, and that's saying something. Yay mute button!

imagine if Petey was a point a game this season... sigh, wed be in the playoffs...but our D is not a playoff D corp, Schenn is playing amazing but he should be on the third pair, hunt and Dermott are very serviceable 7Ds We need 2 more D men at least, not including trading Meyers... maybe Burroughs is the guy or Rathbone for the 3rd pair- with Schenn...

plus we need an NHL 4th line, right now Lammikko-Richie-Highmore is the 3rd line and the only nhler on the 4th line is Podz, I don't like Dickinson and hogs has not moved the needle... I imagine a lot of teams will be after dealauriers but he is a guy I would target too

Anyone remembers when petey last scored? I bet you can’t… but somehow he is labelled as franchise center. I just don’t get it anymore. Every game I wait for him to do something yet nothing ever happens. His skating is so bad this season it’s almost as if he can’t skate at all. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, singing chef said:

That Minnesota team is BIG and mean;  they are relentless and hit hard.  Built for playoffs.  Be afraid, very afraid of playing Minny.

Was quite interesting watching the Canucks team with small players like Garland, Petan, Hunt, Hughes matched up against 11 Minny players over 6' and 195 lbs.  While it should be noted that Canucks had 9 players over 6" and 195 lbs. they don't have the same belligerence that the Minny players do.  Would like to see management add some snarl in the off season, specifically forwards with snarl.

agree, Pearson and Dickenson out, myers room keep the others and sign Brock to 6 mill or less. Pearson and ,yers were rumoured to be moved at TDL which was ambitious but clearly management gets it

4 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Anyone remembers when petey last scored? I bet you can’t… but somehow he is labelled as franchise center. I just don’t get it anymore. Every game I wait for him to do something yet nothing ever happens. His skating is so bad this season it’s almost as if he can’t skate at all. 

He hasn't scored since he hurt his wrist a couple of weeks ago.  As for his skating, he beat Makar to the puck and outskated him to the other end of the ice and almost scored on a breakaway...

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey was the one who fell down and was out of the play. Hughes also went to chase the puck in the corner. Miller was the only man back chasing 2 guys. 

Petey fell down a LOT in this game. He has trouble against a team like Minnesota, because he's just average size guy. When you're playing against guys that are 25-45lbs heavier than you it's tough and tiring!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, singing chef said:

That Minnesota team is BIG and mean;  they are relentless and hit hard.  Built for playoffs.  Be afraid, very afraid of playing Minny.

Was quite interesting watching the Canucks team with small players like Garland, Petan, Hunt, Hughes matched up against 11 Minny players over 6' and 195 lbs.  While it should be noted that Canucks had 9 players over 6" and 195 lbs. they don't have the same belligerence that the Minny players do.  Would like to see management add some snarl in the off season, specifically forwards with snarl.

I also think it's important not to get caught up on changing our team based on playing one team. Minnesota may be bigger, but we have to wait until the playoffs to see if that type of team are who will win it all or not. GM and Coaches tend to watch who gets further in the playoffs or wins and tries to emulate that. It happened when we played Boston in 2011. Boston was more rough and aggressive ( Canadian hockey ) and the Canucks were more skill and passing ( Swedish hockey ). Boston won and it changed how teams wanted their teams to be built.

Will be Minnesota that does the same or will it be a faster / more skilled team?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Devron said:

I’ve seen some stupid things In this forum but this has gotta be up there 

He’s not bad sometimes, but he is so easily checked or knocked around. He needs speed and more practice keeping the puck skating in. Also he needs to stop hesitating and shoot more. His one timers used to be real good; but now he waits too long. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Petey fell down a LOT in this game. He has trouble against a team like Minnesota, because he's just average size guy. When you're playing against guys that are 25-45lbs heavier than you it's tough and tiring!

tbh I trade Petey, we wouldn't really be selling that low and I bet there is a good market- get a young gritty tough two centre and a top young right shot d man. cap flexibility to pick up another bottom 6 tough forward 

To LA

Pettersson

Aidan Mcdonut

To VAN

Brandt Clarke

Turcotte

Brock Faber

Sign Andrew Copp 5yrs 4.25 million

Letang 6.25x3

Myers to WSH for 2nd 2023 1 mil retained 

Myers + Petey = 12.35 million out 

Copp + Letang = 10.5

1.85 left

Podz Miller Garland

Hogz Bo Boeser

Pearson Turcotte Copp

Highmore Lammi Deslauriers

OEL- Letang

Hughes - Schenn

Burroughs- Dermitt

-Faber/Clarke will be nasty in 2 yrs

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DJB said:

He’s not bad sometimes, but he is so easily checked or knocked around. He needs speed and more practice keeping the puck skating in. Also he needs to stop hesitating and shoot more. His one timers used to be real good; but now he waits too long. 

Sure there plenty of things a 23 year old can work on. But calling him trash. Yeah no. You’d have to have a very low IQ or a poor understanding of the game. Petey has been clicking at a point per game for awhile now. Could he better yes. Will he get better yes again 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

To VAN

Brandt Clarke

Turcotte

Brock Faber

Brandt Clarke can’t skate and couldn’t even make the world Junior team. Turcotte should be in the NHL by now. Thank goodness you are not a GM. Gotta go, this place is nuts 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Proud of the boys tonight. They didn't back down. 

The refs were complete garbage tonight. 

Missed the delay of game in the first and the obvious trip on Hughes with 3 min left that gave Minni a scoring chance. 

If they did their job tonight, Canucks prob win in regulation. 

Tonight was eerily reminiscent of the Bruins series in how they turned the game into a dog fight while the refs looked away. 

Liked OEL's game tonight but what the hell is wrong with Myers? 

He's not terrible but not good either. He was alot better earlier in the season. With his size, These are the types of games he must show up

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1