The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Mar. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

The province had a story on Brock last week it said he has scored 4  goals  5 on 5  in the last 35 games.That is just brutal and hard to watch as production from your top winger.                                                   Good luck getting g a team give up anything to take on his contract without us adding 

1 minute ago, Islandclarky said:

The province had a story on Brock last week it said he has scored 4  goals  5 on 5  in the last 35 games.That is just brutal and hard to watch as production from your top winger.                                                   Good luck getting g a team give up anything to take on his contract without us adding 

Brock is a coming RFA with Arbitration rights.  He could be traded to a club and sign a team friendly deal.  Look at the way the Canes signed Kotkaniemi to a great contract.  It was below the QO and the term made up for it.  Habs sure screwed themselves out of a good player didn't they?  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

We stunk it up bad last night.  Blues are playing bad too.  Embarrassing loss.  It’s over.  Play youth more.  Could have offered McDonough games to assure he signs.  Lost that chance and lost him.  All for this attempt to fill seats for some facade of a playoff battle down the stretch.  Just more of the sacrifice a better future for an average now.  

Did you watch the McD interview.  Never was going to sign this year, too much invested in his future as a pro, needs another year to get ready physically for the NHL, plus, he wants his degree, and his college team has a chance to make some noise next year.

He's not "lost" - he values loyalty,  and pretty much says he'll sign with the team that drafted him ... spoke highly of the Canucks keeping in touch  -  plus, his BBF is in our organization 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

I think hes well on his way in this regard. It's easy to forget just how young Podkol is still. ROR took time to become the player he is. 

I'd like to keep Pod with Miller for the foreseeable future. 

Me too. I do wish Podkolzin was a bit more involved offensively or with his body though. He has the size and talent for it. I don't see any reason why he can't be involved offensively like he has the past couple games offensively all of the time. 

Defensively, I think hes ahead of the curve. That's where I see ROR in him. But some of his IQ in the offensive zone for little things like movement away from the puck, having the anticipation for offensive moments, etc. is something he will have to figure out how to be consistent with. Having said that, usually that's something you're bred with. Rarely do guys figure it out once they're mature players. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock is a coming RFA with Arbitration rights.  He could be traded to a club and sign a team friendly deal.  Look at the way the Canes signed Kotkaniemi to a great contract.  It was below the QO and the term made up for it.  Habs sure screwed themselves out of a good player didn't they?  

Thing is that Brock doesn’t seem to be a good player at any price. Any average NHL’er with his PP time could potentially give you the same PP production. Brock has been terrible 5 on 5 and never drives the play. He has become a perimeter player these days

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Thing is that Brock doesn’t seem to be a good player at any price. Any average NHL’er with his PP time could potentially give you the same PP production. Brock has been terrible 5 on 5 and never drives the play. He has become a perimeter player these days

Brock will sign a fair contract with us.  We just say Kotkaniemi sign that great deal with the Canes.  Damn that was a steal of a player.  Bergeclown sure screwed the Habs. 

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

How much PP points is Boeser getting this season?  He hardly touches the puck playing the down low position and providing screens.

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

When Miller is on he's a deadly scorer and playmaker, but he doesn't really get involved with the physical stuff. I thought Bo would be a physical player, with his stocky build, but no. He's a nice boy. Myers could crush opponents, but he's the Friendly Giant. His specialty is taking penalties. The only tough guy on the team makes under $800K and is in his 30s. So much work to do.  

Garland

Hoglander

Rathbone

Hunt

all Smurfs

Hughes....Pettersson 

22 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Did you watch the McD interview.  Never was going to sign this year, too much invested in his future as a pro, needs another year to get ready physically for the NHL, plus, he wants his degree, and his college team has a chance to make some noise next year.

He's not "lost" - he values loyalty,  and pretty much says he'll sign with the team that drafted him ... spoke highly of the Canucks keeping in touch  -  plus, his BBF is in our organization 

It's clear if we provide McDonnough the opportunity to play with us now and burn a year off his ELC term, then he would have signed.  Our foolish hope to fill seats now (direction from our owner for sure) is why.  Big mistake.  Lost another asset.  And JR/Allvin said we can't afford to lose assets.  Didn't trade Miller before the TDL.  And we will trade him this summer for less.  Lost assets.  Great.

1 hour ago, Islandclarky said:

Every other team has a player that's struggled this year and might be in the same situation, so don't lose hope. 

1 hour ago, LTC123 said:

WWL  WWL   WWL  WW  should get us to the playoffs?

That's only 11 games, we have 14 remaining. If you added WWW for the final 3 games then we likely are in the playoffs

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock will sign a fair contract with us.  We just say Kotkaniemi sign that great deal with the Canes.  Damn that was a steal of a player.  Bergeclown sure screwed the Habs. 

Do we really need Brock though? Would we not be better served signing a FA to about 5M instead? He is the one top 6 forward that we can lose and it not hurt the team

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Do we really need Brock though? Would we not be better served signing a FA to about 5M instead? He is the one top 6 forward that we can lose and it not hurt the team

Unlike the stupid Bergeclown Habs, who had Kotkaniemi stolen, we will get a good return for Brock.  If we choose to trade him.  Are the Habs the biggest mess ever?  Too funny.

Lots of chatter about how we have to get faster and more physical , unfortunately those 2 things are not Brocks strengths.                  Do you really get inspired when he is out there anymore?                       Alf  you said he could be traded, which  teams do you feel would use that kind of money  over 6 I imagine he'll  be asking for ?                              I think that money should be spent on players with  faster motor, with a heck of a lot more intensity

11 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

Brock is pain of ass at summer. No one is going to trade for him if he's not signed... and if he's not qualified, he's a UFA... and if he's qualified who wants to trade for him at 7.5 mil?. I guess somebody else has to be traded unfortunately

Yeah, Brock’s contract definitely a headache. That’s why JR and PA are being paid the big bucks. But couldn’t Brock sign for less and longer term and security? Worse case scenario is if he becomes a UFA, then we lose him for absolutely nothing, and he can sign with any team for whatever amount. Benning really &^@#ed us up big time with a contract like that. It’s obvious to me that he thought of preserving himself rather than looking at the organization. 

• Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Islandclarky said:

Lots of chatter about how we have to get faster and more physical , unfortunately those 2 things are not Brocks strengths.                  Do you really get inspired when he is out there anymore?                       Alf  you said he could be traded, which  teams do you feel would use that kind of money  over 6 I imagine he'll  be asking for ?                              I think that money should be spent on players with  faster motor, with a heck of a lot more intensity

I mean, it feels like for fans it’s game to game. Against Colorado, he scored that beauty goal, and everyone it seems was back on the Brock wagon. 

Didn’t score a goal against St. Louis, and everyone’s off the wagon again. 

• Cheers 1