The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Game day thread: cliches version (Vegas @ Canucks Sunday, April 3/22 @ 4:00 pm PT) - Autism Acceptance Night

Rate this topic

yes we can nucks

4 hours ago, Kelly Green said:

pucks in deep!

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

That's a real good team over there.

The above are two of my favorite pre-game cliches.

I would add:

"Have to go to the dirty areas"

"Have to play a simple game"

"Have to play with desperation"

What I would really like to hear is someone say: "Hey, we are pretty much out of it so I am planning to take it easy today".:)

• Cheers 1

Lol ppl still holding out hope for playoffs that doesn't exist.. even if the canucks go 13-0 in the last 13 games which is unlikely..  Dallas just needs 18 points in 15 games.. Edmonton needs 16 points in 13 games... both relatively easy task... there's no way in hell we catching either of them in terms of tiebreaker so we need to out right beat them out.. 

Dallas have 8 games against lottery bound teams.. kraken x2 Islanders devils Sharks ducks coyote Blackhawks..  unless they have the collapse of the decade.. don't see how it's even possible even if we go 13-0 lol

Edmonton is a little tougher in schedule.. but they still have 4 gimme games.. and just have to win 4 more.. and each canucks loss is 1 less games for them to win..

I say just rest demko often down the next 13 games and start evaluating for next season

Looking at VGK starting lineup and ours, on paper, it looks like we are the stronger team with more skill and depth. We also have the advantage in goal too.

Playoffs ain't happening for us (barring a legit miracle) but I would love to sweep the series with VGK or at least take 2 of 3 to foil their playoff hopes.

GCG!!!!!!

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

We are 8 points behind Dallas with only 13 games left. 

Season is over 

Yes, Dallas would have to lose 7 of their remaining 15 games. Van would have to win all remaining games and or both could have a over time lose. Van needs some very lucky results to make the playoffs.