The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Arizona Coyotes | Apr. 07, 2022 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, Devron said:

The Flyers stink. I have no attachment to that team or Yandle. Just seemed to me like a loser move. 

That's fair. Not attacking your opinion at all, just think Yandle could/should have been scratched way sooner so not making it this far would have been less sticker shock when the call finally came down.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Scoring goals and leading a team are two totally different things. Have we not forgotten the dozens of games this season the Canucks have come out dead flat and put themselves behind early because they weren’t ready to play? Or needed a lift in crucial games from their best players aka “leaders” and they failed to show up and they lost those games? It’s f’ing hilarious how a couple wins against a team

that looked awful and the worst team in the league shortens people

memories of how we have been, based on points percentage, a bottom 5 team in this league for years.

We're a playoff bubble team, even at our best.

You are absolutely right - there have been far too many poor showings, and a total lack of consistency on the ice.

But what's the harm in celebrating an achievement? Like I said, 30 goals is an accomplishment... Radim Vrbata was the last do it for Vancouver. 

You are also right that there are more ways to lead a team than by scoring (or winning faceoffs). But it's not a bad way to do it.

5 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

It's tons of fun. The amount of stuff you can to is unreal and it's super cheap.....everyone says it's pricey but I didn't think so.

Played golf with a buddy a few days ago just back from a Vegas weekend. Stayed (I think he said) at the Belaggio (sp?).  Breakfast $20, Filet steak at dinner, $90, and $11 extra if you wanted fries.

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Played golf with a buddy a few days ago just back from a Vegas weekend. Stayed (I think he said) at the Belaggio (sp?).  Breakfast $20, Filet steak at dinner, $90, and $11 extra if you wanted fries.

Yea exactly steak at the Bellagio for $90? Decent!

But if you work a little bit and go to happy hours etc it's stupid cheap.

Just now, nergish said:

We're a playoff bubble team, even at our best.

You are absolutely right - there have been far too many poor showings, and a total lack of consistency on the ice.

But what's the harm in celebrating an achievement? Like I said, 30 goals is an accomplishment... Radim Vrbata was the last do it for Vancouver. 

You are also right that there are more ways to lead a team than by scoring (or winning faceoffs). But it's not a bad way to do it.

Look, I like Bo Horvat. I think he’s a great player, albeit a streaky one. I love what he brings on some nights yet on others he’s an absolute non factor and goes missing for games on end. He’s a really good player, average captain on a below average team although I think he has more to offer as a player. He says all

the right things but I feel this team and it’s lack of identity are partially to blame on its leadership core over the last handful of seasons.