The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Signing Miller and Horvat this summer.

17 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I really do Alvin and new management group will make the trade for the young RD man under 24 that can play 19 mins next year....

I really think Patrick Alvin will address the cap issue and make the Miller and Boeser trade this off season..

We will have more prospects under 23 and a brighter future with cap flexibility ..

I could see Boeser being moved for that RHD more than Miller. 

I understand cap flexibility but maybe the best way to achieve that is to not sign support pieces for 2x as much and 2x as long as needed? If Pearson, Dickie and Poolman were on 2 year deal instated of 3 or 4 we'd be looking at a lot of cap cleared for next season. 

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think, if our owner keeps his nose out of it, we trade Miller and Garland.  They have the most value.  Boeser we sign to an extension.  6 x 3 or something close to that.  

I agree with Miller trade but Garland never gets quality playing time like Boeser.. I think Garland can produce same points and goals as Boeser with a better contract. Garland 5 yrs X 4.9--- Boesers new contract 4 X 6.3 avv I am thinking....

19 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I could see Boeser being moved for that RHD more than Miller. 

I understand cap flexibility but maybe the best way to achieve that is to not sign support pieces for 2x as much and 2x as long as needed? If Pearson, Dickie and Poolman were on 2 year deal instated of 3 or 4 we'd be looking at a lot of cap cleared for next season. 

Miller trade will bring back a good package from a team like LA Kings or NYR..

Boeser trade will be say young high RD prospect under and draft pick 3rd rounder 

Just now, wildcam said:

Miller trade will bring back a good package from a team like LA Kings or NYR..

Boeser trade will be say young high RD prospect under and draft pick 3rd rounder 

I like your optimism :) 

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I like your optimism :) 

Well its going to be a exciting off season.. Alvin and group will be making cap room, trading for young RD for long future, adding speed..

I can see management signing some players with upside for cheap contracts..There will be more speed.. We need a few physical players that can play in bottom 6.. There are some big teams and they play physical with us we need push back,,,,Really Schenn is the only guy...

Miller, Horvát you don't want fighting...Boeser, Garland, Hoglander ,Petey, Highmore and rest of forward group are soft and not gritty...

Lammiko, Podkolzin are big bodies but not physical..

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Well its going to be a exciting off season.. Alvin and group will be making cap room, trading for young RD for long future, adding speed..

I can see management signing some players with upside for cheap contracts..There will be more speed.. We need a few physical players that can play in bottom 6.. There are some big teams and they play physical with us we need push back,,,,Really Schenn is the only guy...

Miller, Horvát you don't want fighting...Boeser, Garland, Hoglander ,Petey, Highmore and rest of forward group are soft and not gritty...

I'd like to find a way to get Crouse from AZ. 

• Like 2

I think the expectations on the returns have to be lowered.

Boeser will be expensive for what he brings. That's going to be tough to trade. My guess is it'll be something like:  Boeser to NJ for Zacha and a 3rd 

Miller will also be expensive, but he's a great piece to add to a contender, and makes that team the favourites.  But, he's also going to be expensive, and 30, so my guess is:  Miller to BOS for Jake DeBrusk, Victor Berglund and a 2nd.  BOS has Bergeron salary ($6.8) coming off the books next year. Miller could be his replacement.  DeBrusk has 22 goals this year. he'd be 4th in Canucks scoring.  Berglund is a 22-year old RD with decent size and production. 

Just pure guessing with the returns, but I don't believe Miller, for example, will get the Canucks a 1st, a Grade A prospect and a good young player. Dream on. Maybe if Miller made $5 over the next 3 seasons. His highest value was at last month's TDL.

I know I've been on record saying "no reclamation projects", but would anybody else be interested in taking a flyer on Cody Glass to play 3C?

He's been approaching bust territory for some time, but has actually put together a near-PPG for Nashville's farm team this year.

6'3 with some nice on-ice vision and hands, and by all accounts has been noticeable improved this year in Milwaukee. Doesn't really have a pathway to Nashville's roster right now, despite appearing ready to play.

It's a massive what-if, but it could fill a C hole if we end up moving off from JT.

Edited by nergish

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Pods is a very physical player.  He’s also super smart, so uses his body wisely.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, nergish said:

I know I've been on record saying "no reclamation projects", but would anybody else be interested in taking a flyer on Cody Glass to play 3C?

He's been approaching bust territory for some time, but has actually put together a near-PPG for Nashville's farm team this year.

6'3 with some nice on-ice vision and hands, and by all accounts has been noticeable improved this year in Milwaukee. Doesn't really have a pathway to Nashville's roster right now, despite appearing ready to play.

It's a massive what-if, but it could fill a C hole if we end up moving off from JT.

Hoglander for Glass?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Hoglander for Glass?  

Maybe? I don't even know if we'd need to give up that much.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pods is a very physical player.  He’s also super smart, so uses his body wisely.  

He plays the body, but never overcommits - it's how he was coached. 

But once this babyfaced kid grows into a Russian monster, he will start to instill fear in his opponents. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hoglander for Glass?  

maybe as  a part of something bigger, part of a Boeser deal maybe? if Forsberg walks NSH will need to find more scoring. 

Edited by JM_
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

maybe as  a part of something bigger, part of a Boeser deal maybe? if Forsberg walks NSH will need to find more scoring. 

I like it. Let's take some futures from Nashville in a Boeser deal, to help them replace Forsberg's scoring.

Then get our Swedes to lure Forsberg here and sign him ourselves.

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, nergish said:

Glass to me is already a bust considering where he was selected. 

But if he could be had for cheap, then I’m all for that risk, but no way should be he traded for one of our better players on the roster.

And to think that some fans wanted Glass over Pettersson. How would that choice looked today? Goodness sakes, 22 NHL points in 70 games. Yikes. 23 years old already. Yeah, that’s just bust written all over the player. He could be a late bloomer, I guess? But who’s going to pay a pretty penny for a player that hasn’t produced yet at the NHL level, was a top ten draft pick? I’m guessing not too many. It’s one of those buy low opportunities, but no smart GM would give too much for Glass at this point. 

Edited by N4ZZY

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

I'd like to find a way to get Crouse from AZ. 

Crouse        Pettersson   Kuzmenko

Podkolzin   Horvat           Garland

Size, speed and skill in the top 6.  Would be a massive upgrade to what we have now.  Arizona would want picks and prospects.  Hoglander probably doesn't fit on the 3rd line so we could use him as a piece in the deal along with maybe a pick and prospect that we could get in a Miller or Boeser trade.

• Cheers 2

I see the Bruins in win now mode. Probably have 2-3 more years before their top talent take a dip in production. Bergeron, Marchand and Hall. I think a swap of Pearson for Debrusk could work for both sides. Jake wants out. Pearson is a SCC with lots of playoff experience. 

Pearson for Debrusk straight up. Both will have 2 year deals starting next year. Debrusk at 4 and Pearson at 3.25. Bruins save some cap. We get younger and I think Debrusk would mesh well with our forward group.

*Debrusk has been playing well as of late. See how he performs in the playoffs. If he struggles and the Bruins lose in the 1st rnd, I could see a 1:1 deal this offseason.

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

Potentially more lottery picks lol 

I can’t imagine the backlash from the fanbase if Glass was a Canuck. 

But we’d probably have a couple more lottery picks, you’re probably right. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Crouse        Pettersson   Kuzmenko

Podkolzin   Horvat           Garland

Size, speed and skill in the top 6.  Would be a massive upgrade to what we have now.  Arizona would want picks and prospects.  Hoglander probably doesn't fit on the 3rd line so we could use him as a piece in the deal along with maybe a pick and prospect that we could get in a Miller or Boeser trade.

Kuzemko is an interesting idea, i wonder what teams he'd really be looking at? Rangers probably :lol: they seem to get everyone they want.