The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Signing Miller and Horvat this summer.

We're actually in a better position cap wise than most fans think. Going into this summer, we're at around 16 million in space (factoring Ferland on LTIR) with 16 guys signed.

Sign Boeser at 6 - 6.25 million for 6 - 7 years (I believe he will bounce back). That would leave us with 30 million the following year, not accounting for changes this summer. I do think that we will move Myers this summer to loosen up the budget a little, once his NTC moves to a limited NTC.

I don't think we will run to the cap next summer, I think the team will keep a little more space to deal with the other larger contracts coming up.

8 million each range Horvat and Miller the following year, should be doable with the cap moving up again.

46 minutes ago, khay said:

Hi, this is Brian. 

My client wants 8 years 72 mil. He is willing to come down to 8 years 68 mil if you include a NMC. 

It looks like we are cool 18 million dollars apart.

:bigblush:

I can't think of a contending team that would have the cap space or need to sign JT with a

contract like that.

Maybe that's why he's till a Canuck.

• Cheers 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

I can't think of a contending team that would have the cap space or need to sign JT with a

contract like that.

Maybe that's why he's till a Canuck.

Gonna be his last contract. I don't buy the idea that he will only sign with a contender.

Canucks aren't a contender and yet he is willing to re-sign with us.

• Cheers 1

Horvat  $7 x 6

Boeser - trade 

Miller - trade  

Garland - trade  

Pearson - trade  

Lockwood $1 x 3

Rathbone  $1 x 3

Hunt  $1 x 2

Lammikko  $800K x 2

Highmore  $800K x 2

Chiasson  $800K x 2

Richardson $800K x 1

Dickinson to Abbotsford if they can't trade him

Get Karlsson and Bains with the team (or Abby) as soon as possible

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Sign Boeser at 6 - 6.25 million for 6 - 7 years (I believe he will bounce back). 

8 million each range Horvat and Miller the following year, should be doable with the cap moving up again.

For Boeser, I agree. But I think you're high on Horvat, and low on Miller. I'd say Horvat signs for 6.5-6.75, and Miller would be upwards of 8.5-9.5. (If it's too high, I feel we are better off trading him. Personally, I don't think I'd want to see any more than 8) I also think Horvat will be more willing to leave some money on the table but I'm not as certain Miller would.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, kloubek said:

For Boeser, I agree. But I think you're high on Horvat, and low on Miller. I'd say Horvat signs for 6.5-6.75, and Miller would be upwards of 8.5-9.5. (If it's too high, I feel we are better off trading him. Personally, I don't think I'd want to see any more than 8) I also think Horvat will be more willing to leave some money on the table but I'm not as certain Miller would.

Average the two out, roughly 16 million between the two.

2 hours ago, khay said:

Gonna be his last contract. I don't buy the idea that he will only sign with a contender.

Canucks aren't a contender and yet he is willing to re-sign with us.

Is he?  Are the Canucks prepared to sign the extensive contract that you think he'll require?

A competitive player like JT will want to go to a contender or a team that is at least a respectable

playoff team.  He's not signing with any of the bottom feeders, that's for sure.

Time to move on from Boeser and Miller. Love Miller, but we can’t be paying him that money.

This will be Pettersson’s team in a year or two anyways. Move Miller to Bruins for Lysell++ Petey’s future winger. Not sure what you can get for Boeser tbh. No idea what to do with Garland.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Time to move on from Boeser and Miller. Love Miller, but we can’t be paying him that money.

This will be Pettersson’s team in a year or two anyways. Move Miller to Bruins for Lysell++ Petey’s future winger. Not sure what you can get for Boeser tbh. No idea what to do with Garland.

Miller for sure should be gone.  Petey, Bo, and a young centre we get in the Miller deal will take the team forward.  Bess is lived by the Bruins.  Straight across deal for Carlo.  Garland we keep?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Is he?  Are the Canucks prepared to sign the extensive contract that you think he'll require?

A competitive player like JT will want to go to a contender or a team that is at least a respectable

playoff team.  He's not signing with any of the bottom feeders, that's for sure.

I don’t know about that. Things can change quickly (look at LA & Anaheim). 

For a player’s last contract, it’s all about the money usually.

I'd like to trade almost half the team, but in reality, I think they'll only move a few. 

I'd like them to trade Miller, and go in a younger, rebuild direction, but I think they re-sign him, because of how much of a leader he's proven to be.  My guess is $8.5 x 5 years.

Horvat has 30 goals, a quietly great year. Went 100% in faceoffs against ARI. He's real good at those. I think they re-sign him.  My guess is $7 x 6 years.

Trade?  Boeser, Garland, and if possible, Dickinson

I do hope they improve the D, so add Myers and Poolman to that list.

2022/23

Hughes - Schenn

OEL - ??

Dermott - Burroughs

Hunt

Rathbone

Edited by NUCKER67

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Miller for sure should be gone.  Petey, Bo, and a young centre we get in the Miller deal will take the team forward.  Bess is lived by the Bruins.  Straight across deal for Carlo.  Garland we keep?  

We don’t need a young Center imo. Either an elite young winger/prospect to play with Petey or a solid young right handed defencemen. 

• Upvote 1